Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 11, 2012, 20:34 jdreyer

Lokust wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 08:04:
Yeah, sorry.

Fuck patents too. The patent system needs to go away forever.

Nice TA icon, too.

Heh, thanks, my all time favorite game. Load it up every couple of years for some skirmish matches.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 11, 2012, 08:04 Lokust

Yeah, sorry.

Fuck patents too. The patent system needs to go away forever.

Nice TA icon, too.

3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 11, 2012, 04:33 Julio

I need to go for a rectangle patent with one rounded corner, another one for two rounded corners, and a third for 3 rounded corners.

Stupid patent system. I'm sure Apple is the only one to come up with the concept of a rectangle with rounded corners.

2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 10, 2012, 21:08 jdreyer

So so so so so SO sad.

Lokust wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 18:59:
Fuck Apple.

Although Apple is partly to blame for exploiting the system, the government also shares blame for allowing such lame patents. Here's the "copyright clause" of the US Constitution:

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.

You'll notice that first part is the main impetus of the clause, "To promote the progress of science and useful arts..." The idea of patents is to encourage people and companies to invent new stuff to improve mankind. Allowing Apple exclusive rights to a rounded rectangle is more about protecting Apple and ensuring their billions than promoting tech and science in the country's interest. The gov't is falling down a bit on the job here.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 10, 2012, 18:59 Lokust

Fuck Apple.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo