Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month

Activision announces the release of free Skyfall DLC for the PlayStation 3 edition of 007 Legends is now available, and this content based on the new movie will be added to the Windows and Xbox 360 editions of the James Bond game on November 20th. This trailer shows off gameplay from the Skyfall mission, and here's an outline of what to expect:

Capping off the first-of-its-kind James Bond video game experience, the SKYFALL mission sends players into the heart of Istanbul to hunt down a brutal assassin. It quickly turns into an epic chase, taking fans on a treacherous pursuit that ends atop a speeding train as a mysterious sniper nearly ends Bond's life. After overcoming death itself, 007 must track down his target across the world to Shanghai for a final showdown to uncover the truth...

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 17:54 Jivaro

Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 12:17:
After Connery I like Craig the best. Then Brosnan, Moore. Dalton, Lazenby? No.

I thought Lazenby was okay, but Dalton was...terrible. I am not even sure if it was Dalton so much as the movies themselves. It just seemed like a poor effort all the way around for the two movies he was in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 12:17 Cutter

After Connery I like Craig the best. Then Brosnan, Moore. Dalton, Lazenby? No.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 11:48 PHJF

It has nothing to do with generations. The critics of today grew up with Bond. They've changed as much as Bond has. I am a part of the "new generation" and yet I much prefer Goldfinger Bond to Skyfall Bond.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 11:10 Jivaro

PHJF wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 10:45:
I don't think this is it, I think the crux is that the times have simply changed. The Bond of the past was far more whimsical and charming, the villains more absurd, the plots more outlandish. Now we have a "serious" bond to reflect our more "serious" times... they did the same thing to Batman. Critics/audiences ate it up.

lol..that is exactly it. You said exactly the same thing I said, phrased differently. Different generations, different times..different takes. But feel free to argue for the sake of arguement.

10. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 10:45 PHJF

Awesome movie, but everyone knows that anything mult-generational...from sports teams to tv shows to movies...is going to have a huge amount of difference of opinion when it comes to "which is best" and none of them are wrong.

I don't think this is it, I think the crux is that the times have simply changed. The Bond of the past was far more whimsical and charming, the villains more absurd, the plots more outlandish. Now we have a "serious" bond to reflect our more "serious" times... they did the same thing to Batman. Critics/audiences ate it up. I love GoldenEye because it strikes a good balance in the middle of the spectrum, with Tevelyan and Ourumov countered by Boris and Xenia.

And speaking of (slight spoiler), Tevelyan and the Skyfall villain sure are similar...

9. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 10:27 Jivaro

Reviewers prone to hyperbole are not to be trusted.

Awesome movie, but everyone knows that anything mult-generational...from sports teams to tv shows to movies...is going to have a huge amount of difference of opinion when it comes to "which is best" and none of them are wrong. Declaring this movie the best Bond film is like declaring Matt Smith the best Doctor. You will see a bunch of younger folks agree and everyone else laugh at the ridiculousness of the statement.

8. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 07:23 The Magician

Jivaro wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 21:58:
It's a crap game, so selling the DLC probably wouldn't work to well...even though the movie is awesome.

Dear God, this. The eyeball sequence in the intro was done so god-awfully poorly, I wanted to cry for it. It seriously made me not want to even go to the main menu. I did, though, and I managed to persevere long enough to make it through 2 whole levels of this absolutely abysmal piece of trash game, before I decided Rocksmith was a much better idea. Even though I'd just worn blisters into my fingers playing Rocksmith.

So, yeah, I'd rather rub blistered fingers quite painfully over ridged steel than play 007 - Legends. It's a bit reminiscent of "Let's go pound nails with our dicks" from P-A.

7. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 06:01 dj LiTh

LoL....i totally misread that....i was like, wait what the hell does james bond have to do with skyrim?  

6. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 03:12 Fantaz

It's considered "best bond ever" only because the young generation hasn't seen any other Bond film since they were born after those good movies came out.  

5. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 01:38 PHJF

It was a good movie for sure, but too serious to contend as "best Bond ever".  

4. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 9, 2012, 23:45 Scottish Martial Arts

I'm hearing a lot of 'best Bond ever' feedback.

I was a bit let down precisely because that was the sort of thing I was hearing going into it too. Don't get me wrong: it's a good Bond flick and totally worth seeing, but "best Bond ever" is REALLY stretching it.

3. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 9, 2012, 23:27 Cutter

Jivaro wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 21:58:
It's a crap game, so selling the DLC probably wouldn't work to well...even though the movie is awesome.

I'm going to catch it in the next couple of days. Really good feedback on it so far. I'm hearing a lot of 'best Bond ever' feedback.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 9, 2012, 21:58 Jivaro

1. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 9, 2012, 21:55 nin

Wait wait wait...free DLC from activision? THAT activision??? What reality did I just stumble into?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo