Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Bans

The Diablo III Website announces Blizzard has recently handed out a bunch of bans to Diablo III players for violating the terms of service for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel. They don't specify how many accounts are barred due to this, but they do offer more details on why: "In each of these cases players used a hack program for exploitive purposes, for example to zoom out their game view and kill monsters that were beyond the normal range at which AI is triggered. As we do with all Blizzard games, we will continue to monitor Diablo III for cheating and take action as needed." They outline various actions that could trigger such discipline so players can make sure they are keeping their noses clean. On a related note, Blend Games continues their criticism of the game by rounding up reports of Linux users who claim they have been banned after playing the game through WINE, unmoved by Blizzard's comments that they cannot guarantee that users of an unsupported operating system may be incorrectly tagged as hackers.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 12:58 outlander78

Warskull wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 12:38:
This is more of another way the Diablo 3 devs failed to me. Why wouldn't you put a catch in so if a monster gets damaged their AI turns on.

Exactly. If the game were written properly, it reward stealth, but would react to damage.

I didn't buy D3 because of the online requirement, but the bans mean I won't be buying any other Blizzard game either.

I generally play single-player games, and if I get stuck, I turn on God mode just to see the end. The idea of banning people who paid for a single-player game from playing it because they cheated makes no sense.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 12:38 Warskull

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:23:
Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:09:
Banning people or using a camera mod is such bullshit.
Don't really know anything about the camera hacks, but if as the tidbit says it allowed the killing of mobs outside the "range at which AI is triggered." Then I'd say it should be a ban-able offense.

This is more of another way the Diablo 3 devs failed to me. Why wouldn't you put a catch in so if a monster gets damaged their AI turns on.

12. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 12:27 RailWizard

Sounds like some of those bans are posting here. heh.  

11. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 12:19 Beelzebud

And I'd bet that if I were to log in the same 20 gold selling bots would have my friends request list entirely filled.  

10. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 12:16 Cutter

Well, it's a good thing their online DRM prevents cheating. Oh wait!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:53 Darks

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:23:
Don't really know anything about the camera hacks, but if as the tidbit says it allowed the killing of mobs outside the "range at which AI is triggered." Then I'd say it should be a ban-able offense.

Well, this happens all the time, there are certain chasms and reaches in the game that allow the DH and Wiz to blast elites from distance. So itís really no big deal. The other part of this is, if it wasnít for the fricking RMAH this would not be an issue. God forbid that anyone take advantage of the game other than Blizzard.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

8. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:39 gray

It's PvE, this is just dumb. I'm amazed.  

7. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:38 Shok

In Soviet Russia the single player games ban you!  

6. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:28 Spektr

ViRGE wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:21:
I'm still dumbfounded by how we've reached the point where you aren't allowed to cheat in a single-player game.

Being banned in a game you can play offline is no big matter but here that's another story. Once again a good reason not to buy it.

5. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:23 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:21 ViRGE

I'm still dumbfounded by how we've reached the point where you aren't allowed to cheat in a single-player game.  

3. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:19 Acleacius

Damn I'm glad I never bothered with this bullshit game, a camera view mod? They can go f*themselves.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:09 Darks

BobBob wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:04:
Ban Jay Wilson.

Agreed, hes the biggest cheat of them all.

Banning people or using a camera mod is such bullshit. Blizzard is going down the tubes very quickly. I love how they ban people for using that mod but its ok for people to mod the UI to hell and back in WOW. Bunch of fricking hypocrites!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:04 BobBob

Ban Jay Wilson.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo