Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Apologies for a couple of glitches here last night. The first one was pretty benign, as some sort of error when I posted the news clipped the last character off each headline (so if this story is titled "Out of the Blu," know I am looking into it). More seriously, it seems we had a but of a crash overnight, so apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced by the outage.

Glitchy Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Artillery Rush.
Links: Sci-Fi Airshow. Thanks Cutter.
Stories: Clear as ... paper? Scientists 'see' through solid layers.
Superbug MRSA Identified in U.S. Wastewater Treatment Plants.
Science: Astronomers find Super Earth that could support life 42 light years away. Warp nine, Mr. Sulu.
Media: More Amazing People.
LITERAL Iron Man 3 Trailer.
Juggling Strip Tease. Not the good kind of stripping.
Follow-up: Humans caused Great Barrier Reef collapse: study.
Luke, Han, and Leia Could Be Back in Star Wars Sequel Penned By Toy Story 3 Writer. Thanks nin.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2012, 06:22 Rigs

Dades wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 11:28:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 13:32:
What the fuck happened to Carrie Fisher.

Take a picture of yourself. Now go back and look at it in 30 years then look into a mirror. Time is rarely kind to us, most people age poorly.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Speak for yourself, bud! I don't look a day over 35...

'But your only 34...'

Oh, well, shit...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2012, 11:28 Dades

Take a picture of yourself. Now go back and look at it in 30 years then look into a mirror. Time is rarely kind to us, most people age poorly.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 22:11 Creston

Thanks guys. I guess I'll get it for Christmas.

Season 2 is out in a month, btw.

Creston

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 21:04 Mr. Tact

jimnms wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 13:40:

35 years happened.
The picture in the comment of that article seems especially unflatering, the one on her wiki page is clearly the same woman as the picture in the comment, but a better moment. I seem to recall she has had long term issues with weight, as do many. Not to mention her disclosed issues with drugs and having a bipolar disorder.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 20:12 Cutter

Ratty wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 16:35:
Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 14:30:
All the Space 1999 episodes are up on Youtube. And so are all the Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom! I like the good people at Mutual of Omaha. Marlin Perkins was a big part of my childhood.
I remember MoO. It was a Sunday ritual in my house. On a B&W TV!

I got the BluRay Season 1 of Space 1999. Totally worth it. I have UFO on DVD but haven't gotten around to watching it. I'm thinking of getting The Invaders (A Quinn Martin production!) too. I loved that show. It's in my top 5 all time favorite TV Sci Fi list. It's on Youtube too but it deserves its own purchase and place of honor on my shelf.

I love the modular, futuristic look of everything in Space 1999. You can see how it influenced stuff like Mass Effect. I want to live in a modular type house that looks like that, haha! Maybe live in an Eagle replica.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 18:15 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 17:03:
Speaking of Blu Ray, has anyone gotten the TNG remake on Blu Ray? If so, is it worth it? I'm SO tempted to buy it, but shit, 80 bucks is a lot of money...

Creston

Yes and yes. Great remastering of the original footage and still awesome (well.. for the most part, heheh)

Just finished watching the last episode on the bluray 2 nights ago actually. Forgot all that crazy shit that happens at the end of season 1.

As to whether it is worth $80 is all up to you, I personally saw two of the episodes in theaters before the bluray release so I'm out a bit more than $80 on it.. but well worth it IMO =)

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 17:52 mag

Humans caused Great Barrier Reef collapse: study.

Duh.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 17:12 nin

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 17:03:
Speaking of Blu Ray, has anyone gotten the TNG remake on Blu Ray? If so, is it worth it? I'm SO tempted to buy it, but shit, 80 bucks is a lot of money...

Creston

Shoulda got it when it was $60. And yes, it's very good.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 17:03 Creston

Creston

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 16:35 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 14:30:
All the Space 1999 episodes are up on Youtube. And so are all the Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom! I like the good people at Mutual of Omaha. Marlin Perkins was a big part of my childhood.
I remember MoO. It was a Sunday ritual in my house. On a B&W TV!

I got the BluRay Season 1 of Space 1999. Totally worth it. I have UFO on DVD but haven't gotten around to watching it. I'm thinking of getting The Invaders (A Quinn Martin production!) too. I loved that show. It's in my top 5 all time favorite TV Sci Fi list. It's on Youtube too but it deserves its own purchase and place of honor on my shelf.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 16:09 The Half Elf

jimnms wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 13:38:
http://autumnseal.com/

I got the coupon I wanted, (75% off Trine 2: Goblin Menace), but got others in the process. I have codes -75% Rochard, -75% Trine Complete Collection and -50% Legend of Grimrock if anyone wants them. I also have a coupon for 75% off Trine 2 Collectors in my Steam inventory that I don't remember where I got it.

I also got a coupon code for Alan Wake Collector's Edition. I don't have that game, is it worth picking up?

Got one for Rochard, but rather have the Alan Wake one...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 15:58 nin

Wasn't me - was getting gellato...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 15:46 Ant

Was there another crash a few minutes ago?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 14:30 Cutter

Ratty wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 14:09:
Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 12:35:
Look at that Sci-Fi Airshow....stare at it!!!
Just awesome. Utter awesome. The Eagle is my all-time favorite sci-fi spaceship. Followed by the Hawk. I had to click on the Liberty 2 Lander to find out where I had seen it before. It looked familiar but I couldn't place it. D'oh! Of course!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 14:09 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 12:35:
Just awesome. Utter awesome. The Eagle is my all-time favorite sci-fi spaceship. Followed by the Hawk. I had to click on the Liberty 2 Lander to find out where I had seen it before. It looked familiar but I couldn't place it. D'oh! Of course!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 13:41 nin

<yoda>
When you do much nose candy, how you look, we'll see.
</yoda>

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 13:40 jimnms

35 years happened.

Steam Profile

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 13:38 jimnms

http://autumnseal.com/

I got the coupon I wanted, (75% off Trine 2: Goblin Menace), but got others in the process. I have codes -75% Rochard, -75% Trine Complete Collection and -50% Legend of Grimrock if anyone wants them. I also have a coupon for 75% off Trine 2 Collectors in my Steam inventory that I don't remember where I got it.

I also got a coupon code for Alan Wake Collector's Edition. I don't have that game, is it worth picking up?

Steam Profile

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 13:32 Wallshadows

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 12:35 Cutter

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo