Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Free on GameFly

GameFly announces the PC client for this game rental service is out of beta. To celebrate, they are now offering downloads of a free copy of BioShock, Irrational's waterlogged shooter.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: BioShock Free on GameFly Nov 9, 2012, 19:03 killer_roach

Ant wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:15:
Why do we have to give them our billing data when signing up? No thanks, GameFly!

They still had my billing info from the Direct2Drive days... the card no longer exists, but it still went through. Huge success.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 15:45 Ant

Rigs wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 14:42:
Why do we have to give them our billing data when signing up? No thanks, GameFly!

Took the words right outta my mouth, Ant! I never got around to playing Bioshock, not really my kind of thing and I wasn't groovy with the story so I gave it a pass but, hell, you can't argue with free and I was all set to try this thing out, years past due, when I get through two 'check out' screens (why?) and promptly hit a 'fill in your credit card information'...uhhh, nooo, don't think so! For Free? And I know exactly what they do too, they send a purchase of $1 and then reimburse it just as quick. Doing so gets all my bank and credit info into their grubby little database...Nice try, GameFly, but no. This sheep has enough games to play right now anyway, sorry!

Just bad bad bad all 'round, really...Shame on you, GameFly!

=-Rigs-=
Good, I am not alone. Although, I think they did get my e-mail address since I entered it but I didn't get any e-mails yet. So I don't know if they really have it or not.

BTW, there is a playable BioShock demo since you never tried it.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 14:42 Rigs

Took the words right outta my mouth, Ant! I never got around to playing Bioshock, not really my kind of thing and I wasn't groovy with the story so I gave it a pass but, hell, you can't argue with free and I was all set to try this thing out, years past due, when I get through two 'check out' screens (why?) and promptly hit a 'fill in your credit card information'...uhhh, nooo, don't think so! For Free? And I know exactly what they do too, they send a purchase of $1 and then reimburse it just as quick. Doing so gets all my bank and credit info into their grubby little database...Nice try, GameFly, but no. This sheep has enough games to play right now anyway, sorry!

Just bad bad bad all 'round, really...Shame on you, GameFly!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

12. Re: BioShock Free on GameFly Nov 9, 2012, 11:38 jimnms

I bought this on a Steam sale for $15 after they stripped the DRM from it. It's one of the few games I have started and not finished. I got as far as where you find out the big "shocking twist" mentioned above, but I wasn't shocked at all as I had suspected something was up with that very early in the game.  

Steam Profile

11. Re: BioShock Free on GameFly Nov 9, 2012, 11:15 Ant

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

10. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 9, 2012, 09:42 ItBurn

I got the first one when it came out. I never finished it because I got too bored by it. I wasn't expecting it to be like System Shock, but I was expecting more than a simple linear shooter. I completely lost faith in that dev team since then.  

9. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 9, 2012, 09:28 sir

Can't get it in the UK either, apparently, despite there being a GameFly UK domain which advertises the game as free. Poor show, GameFly, poor show.. someone hand me the fly-swatter.  

8. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 9, 2012, 08:36 David Brookes

Closed Betas wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 20:49:
World Record giveaway.. 0 copies!

Got the email for this last night and went to get it - would not allow me to get it in Australia

7. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 9, 2012, 08:18 jacobvandy

The only thing about BioShock is that the SHOCKING TWIST(tm) was really lame... (Spoilers, obv.)

Seriously? Mind-controlling the player in a linear, story-driven shooter? The only way to *not* do what anybody tells you is to not play the game!

Though beating that one guy to death with a golf club was pretty cool.

6. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 9, 2012, 00:08 Prez

When it was released it had terrible DRM and technical issues, but that is no longer the case. Bioshock's biggest detractors seem to be the ones who were miffed that it wasn't System Shock 3.

System Shock 2 was brilliant, but it wasn't without its faults. The choice of class mattered very little, and it had the WORST weapon degrading system I've ever seen in a game just to name 2. It was all about the atmosphere, though, and Bioshock came pretty close in that regard. Bioshock was a fine game; it was just impossible to make a villain as compelling as System Shock's SHODAN, one of the greatest game villains of all time, so it suffered by comparison.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 8, 2012, 23:43 born2expire

Personally I think its THE most overrated game ever, but to each their own and you can't argue with free.  

4. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 8, 2012, 22:47 Tomas

Bioshock was pretty fantastic. I'm not sure why people wouldn't have picked up by now, though. It's been on sale for like a few bucks several times alread  

3. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 8, 2012, 22:02 nin

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 21:57:
I actually bought Bioshock when it was new, but didn't get a chance to play it. I decided to finally remedy that a few months ago, found the CD, installed it, but couldn't find the CD Key to play when it prompted me. *in an attempt to defeat pirates, which never works by the way, yet another legitimate purchaser gets screwed* So its tempting to use Gamefly to get a free copy, but I'm not yet sure that I want to install all their software yet.

It's not a bad game at al

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 8, 2012, 21:57 JohnBirshire

I actually bought Bioshock when it was new, but didn't get a chance to play it. I decided to finally remedy that a few months ago, found the CD, installed it, but couldn't find the CD Key to play when it prompted me. *in an attempt to defeat pirates, which never works by the way, yet another legitimate purchaser gets screwed* So its tempting to use Gamefly to get a free copy, but I'm not yet sure that I want to install all their software yet.  

1. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 8, 2012, 20:49 Closed Betas

World Record giveaway.. 0 copies!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo