Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diary

This trailer is a video developer's diary for The Elder Scrolls Online, the upcoming MMORPG. Word is: "The team from ZeniMax Online Studios discusses how they are bringing the rich history of The Elder Scrolls series online in the newly released documentary-style video for The Elder Scrolls Online. Check out the first-ever released gameplay footage as the team talks about their vision for the game from the basics to how they are developing one of the most socially-connected MMOs ever created."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diary Nov 10, 2012, 13:06 Dades

That combat looked absolutely pathetic, they didn't even have basic hit registration stuff.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 9, 2012, 11:10 HorrorScope

Funny, I think it is carry over well from SP to MMO so far from the preview I watched. Sure it will be different, but I think they are trying to keep as much as possible making that change. I'll definitely keep an eye out on this one, and not just cry from the start.  

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 9, 2012, 10:51 Creston

Tehol wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 23:22:
ow! i feel like i was buried in a hole and just recently crawled my way up to surface. elder scrolls mmo, wtf?! so no more sp elder scrolls games?when that happened?

It's developed separately, by a different studio. It will have little to no effect on the single player elder scrolls games. No publisher on earth would be so fucking retarded to scrap a series that just sold 10 million (and counting) copies.

I have to admit that the scenery looks fabulous. It'd be a fun world to just explore in, especially since you can go back to Morrowind (which is where I imagine 90% of the playerbase will start and just be) and I'd quite like to walk from one side of the continent to the other.

On the flipside, just about everything else about it looks terribly underwhelming. The armors are butt ugly, the combat is about as shitty as ever seen in an MMO (it's literally worse than TOR, which I thought would be impossible) since in most of the combat in the video, the actual attacks never even HIT anything and still do damage, and their "Let's pretend to be excited about our boring-ass quests" thing came off as so fucking phony it wasn't even worth the giggle I gave their "The game really opens up at level 50, because then you can raid!!!!" statement.

I hope they're not putting too much money into this, because it's going to flop spectacularly. A lot of the elder scrolls fans will buy it, see all the scenery in their first month, then quit.

Creston

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diary Nov 9, 2012, 09:41 wtf_man

Well... it doesn't look as bad as the initial stuff they released a month or so ago.

And for being the same underlying engine as SWTOR... it certainly looks way better (art style wise).

They also seem to have taken some examples from GW2 as far as exploring for quests and everyone getting rewarded instead of competing.

That said... I'm still skeptical that it will ever live up to the TES name, and whether their heavily modified Hero Engine will be any better than Bioware's lousy attempt.

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 9, 2012, 08:23 jacobvandy

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 01:41:
I've seen enough, will wait for TES 5.

Well then, I have a hell of a surprise for you! :p

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 9, 2012, 07:59 Acleacius

Of course, I'm tempted by the premise of the pve coop. Sadly, the weakness of most Elder Scrolls is combat, not sure how this is going to be different.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 9, 2012, 01:41 JohnBirshire

I've been a hardcore Elder Scrolls fan since the very beginning, and Arena is still my favorite game of all time. That being said, when I saw Elder Scrolls Online for the first time today, I almost died of disappointment. It should have resembled the rest of the Elder Scrolls games, not the rest of the MMO's of the last ten years. I've seen enough, will wait for TES 5.  

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 8, 2012, 23:40 Cutter

I'm totally checking this out. Always wanted to see the rest of Tamriel. The combat looks uninspired but I'm more of an adventure guy anyway. Hope they have some good underwater stuff for the Argonians to make use of.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 8, 2012, 23:25 nin

Is there some reason Blue won't report on the official Dragonborn announcement made on Monday

Did you send it i

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 8, 2012, 23:22 Tehol

ow! i feel like i was buried in a hole and just recently crawled my way up to surface. elder scrolls mmo, wtf?! so no more sp elder scrolls games?when that happened?  

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 8, 2012, 23:12 Kastagir

Is there some reason Blue won't report on the official Dragonborn announcement made on Monday, and the fact that it will be the third Skyrim DLC to carry a 30-day exclusivity to the XBox? I would have thought this would be worthy of Blue's News.

Bethesda has a bad habit of remaining silent when they don't live up to their promises. The only thing that forces them to talk is documenting their contradictions in the gaming news.

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 8, 2012, 21:54 ELITE

Yeah...
Don't care...

I would have been more excited if they just added an in game chat with your friends while playing elder scrolls

Or a lame ghost player that represents your friends while you play play on your own pc at home but can do little more than chat

Yep that's how much I give a crap about another play 2 play fantasy game...

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 8, 2012, 21:27 loomy

if this is supposed to be an elder scrolls game then why does it look like EVERY MMORPG EVER

if they're wise they're implementing serious actions to not become like the games they're copying.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo