Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic

The Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Website announces the studio known as BioWare Mythic since it was changed from BioWare when the companies merged in 2010 is now known simply as Mythic (thanks VG247/Massively). Here's word on this latest branding shift:

In the wake of a new focus our studio has recently changed its name from BioWare Mythic to Mythic. Everything else stays the same - our passionate teams will continue to support and develop our existing titles as well as working on some new and exciting projects.

If you want to learn more about our studio, visit our new website, our dedicated Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter @MythicNews.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

22. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 15:28 wtf_man

Could have been Bioware wanting to cut out the "Mythic Name" association since their failure Warhammer-like input on SWTOR.

But who knows... the point is that they both suck, and no amount of renaming will change that.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2012, 15:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 14:56 Lokust

Or, in reality, BioWare + Mythic are now just both EA.  

20. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 14:36 Warskull

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 12:39:
Bioware fucked up their name with Dragon Age II and it's been downhill ever since. EA has managed to screw up nearly every franchise they own.

They are in a precarious situation. DA2 poisoned the dragon age name and DA3 will suffer for it. The Old Republic did massive damage to the Bioware name and ME3 ended the series, did even more damage to Bioware's name, and damaged the Mass Effect franchise. I think their only move right now would be making KotoR 3 and doing it right.

It is also a little ironic, because ME3 should have been the best in the series. It had the best gameplay, but they screwed up the writing so horrifically and the ending so badly it soured the entire game.

Anyways, I see layoffs in Mythic's future. After Warhammer Online and TOR a 3rd MMO isn't really an option.

19. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 14:27 KS

City of Heroes is ending and going back to Star WoW isn't even on my radar.  

18. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 14:02 Mashiki Amiketo

BobBob wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 12:56:
I plan on changing my name from BobBob to just Bob. You read it here first!
The value can only go up! *insert EAdrone*

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 13:32 wonkawonka

Verno wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 13:06:
At least they're not at Microsoft levels of brand ineptness, I think Microsoft has rebranded their online divisions over a dozen times.

The marketing/PR people need a job too, you know.

16. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 13:06 Verno

At least they're not at Microsoft levels of brand ineptness, I think Microsoft has rebranded their online divisions over a dozen times.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

15. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 12:56 NegaDeath

For me I'd say their decline started with Mass Effect 2. While ME2 was still enjoyable ME1 was far more ambitious, despite its flaws. But rather than improving those flaws they gutted them entirely for the sequel. The same thing happened to DA2. It just feels shallower to me, even if it leads to tighter gameplay.  

14. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 12:56 BobBob

I plan on changing my name from BobBob to just Bob. You read it here first!  

13. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 12:47 Flatline

Tumbler wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 11:57:
Just the name Bioware is toxic now. GJ Bioware. I'm sure shipping ME3 when you did was all worth it though right? You made your money, no one will remember, just get ready for pre-orders on your next game! Bonus' are guaranteed! No worries guys, everything is fine, let's just keep up the good work!

It wasn't just the ME3 ending (which was almost enough to be off-putting on it's own), but it was the triple crown of StarWoW (I just got an email begging me to come back, but I'm too busy playing the hell out of Guild Wars), Dragon Age 2, and the ME3 ending that convinced me that Bioware doesn't put out games like they used to.

I suspect the Mythic name-change is probably more related to the abortion that is StarWoW than ME3.

12. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 12:39 theyarecomingforyou

Bioware fucked up their name with Dragon Age II and it's been downhill ever since. EA has managed to screw up nearly every franchise they own.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:57 Tumbler

Just the name Bioware is toxic now. GJ Bioware. I'm sure shipping ME3 when you did was all worth it though right? You made your money, no one will remember, just get ready for pre-orders on your next game! Bonus' are guaranteed! No worries guys, everything is fine, let's just keep up the good work!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

10. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:57 1badmf

Gas Bandit wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 11:43:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 10:50:
Bioware is nothing more than a logo at this point. Assimilation Complete.
Heh, Ironically, pretty much all of the original Mythic guys are gone too. Wonder who's left keeping the lights on?

same guy doing all the coding: the janitor.

9. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:43 Gas Bandit

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 10:50:
Bioware is nothing more than a logo at this point. Assimilation Complete.
Heh, Ironically, pretty much all of the original Mythic guys are gone too. Wonder who's left keeping the lights on?

8. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:37 NegaDeath

Abandon ship! Women and children to the lifeboats!

*IcEAburg floats by*

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2012, 11:48.

7. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:14 ASeven

Wonder what this means to Bioware. I got a feeling their whole existence is riding on the success of DA3.  

6. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:04 Wallshadows

Quick, sweep it under the rug! No one will notice.  

5. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 10:52 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 10:46:
You know it's bad when even the Mythic folks don't want to be associated with Bioware.

No kidding. First they were mythic, then they turned into bioware mythic, then EVERYTHING started being called Bioware (having fun being bought out by EA yet, Bioware?) and now studios are going "shit, let's change our name again."

It's turned into a comedy sketch by now.

Creston

4. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 10:51 Jivaro

You know it's bad when even the Mythic folks don't want to be associated with Bioware.

I was going to say....guess that name ain't worth what it used to be eh EA?

3. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 10:51 InBlack

Hah!

I have a nifty blue line!

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo