Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy World Usability Day! Thanks Morris, who resends a related video that was posted here earlier this year: How to open a door - Finnish instructional video from 1979.

The storm ended overnight and I managed to get the walk shoveled and a car dug out, so things are fine here, and are all set for the next storm. I think that's due in around a week, but in the meantime, they say temperatures should be in the 60s over the weekend, just to keep us off guard. One can only hope those displaced or without power from Sandy were able to get through this okay.

And it's football Thursday, and for the reader who chided me for not commenting on the Giants loss on Monday, I'm trying to isolate my NFL talk here to the one little blurb a week. So for the record, yes, the Giants lost, and no, I didn't enjoy it. Last week our experts' expertise was in full display, as the results were pretty cooperative with our picks. The outcome was Cutter and Jivaro (12-2); Blue, Creston, and Batman (11-3); mag and Verno (10-4), and Rigs (8-6). No time to rest on our laurels (no matter how comfortable they are), here goes for this week: Colts, Buccaneers, Dolphins, Patriots, Ravens, Broncos, Giants, Lions, Saints, Seahawks, Cowboys, 49ers, Texans, and Steelers.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Home Sheep Home 2: Lost Underground.
Links: I decided to look up Adam West in the phone book today.
Stories: Volvo's Three-Point Safety Belt Celebrates 50 Years. Open patent? Nice. Thanks reddit
Harvard Students Send First Burger Into Space. One small step for meat…
Media: Force by Forcewest.
Goro Mechanical Head.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
Follow-up: "Top Gun" Sequel Collapses Post-Scott.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 15:47 Cutter

Proper Opossum Dental Care.

God sometimes I love random shit on Youtube. This woman is so weird! She has whole series of vids about opossum care and some of her comments are funny as hell.

Someone comments....

"I like to bust opossum's teeth with a 12 gauge."

she replies...

"which explains the increasing popularity of&#65279; cosmetic dentistry in the opossum community."

Ahahahaha!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 14:30 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 12:59:
My picks for the week:

Jets (YEP),

Oh no, you din't!!!!

Creston

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 13:48 Darks

LgFriess wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 13:26:
So ya, the officiating in the Giants/Steelers game. Normally you expect a few bad calls going both ways, but that was something I've never witnessed in all my years watching the NFL. Ugly.

Agreed, it was pretty bad. Glad the Steelers pulled it out in the end. Classic Steelers to not allow the refs to dictate the game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 13:36 xXBatmanXx

More picks later - short on time today - I will take JKV for an underdog tonight.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 13:26 LgFriess

So ya, the officiating in the Giants/Steelers game. Normally you expect a few bad calls going both ways, but that was something I've never witnessed in all my years watching the NFL. Ugly.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 13:22 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 10:46:
"Top Gun" Sequel Collapses Post-Scott.

Probably for the best.

Yeah, that's one of those one-off movies that's a classic, but never needs a sequel. (Or a reboot.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 12:59 Verno

My picks for the week:

Colts, Ravens, Jets (YEP), Broncos, Giants, Dolphins, Lions, Patriots, Saints, Eagles, 49ers, Bears, Steelers, Buccs

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 12:34 mag

Colts, Bucs, Dolphins, Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Bengals (:| !!!), Vikings, Falcons, Seahawks, Cowboys, 49ers, Texans, Steelers.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 12:09 Cutter

Stupid Giants losing to the stupid Steelers. *grumble mumble* I should have had a perfect week! Oh well, I'm on fire with my picks from last week and my call on the electoral college. And *BOOM* goes the dynamite.

This week is going to be tougher to call, but much like Kool and the Gang, let's get down on it...

Colts, Lions, Falcons, Giants, Ravens, Pats, Dolphins, Chargers, Broncos, Seahawks, Eagles, Bears, Steelers.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 11:48 Darks

Indy, Ratbirds, Denver, NYG, Miami, Vikings, Cheatriots, New Orlenes, Tampa, Seattle, Cow Girls, 49ers, Chicago, Steelers

Its all good blues,

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 11:30 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 11:27:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 11:04:
Any given Sunday..

My Name is Willie!

Creston

LMAO!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 11:27 Jivaro

sauron wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 11:14:
...New Orleans would have a better defense if they used cardboard cut-outs shaped like football players and moved around by chimpanzees...

LOL. I think the Jets' secondary already tried that one.

The Jets too...also really disappointing. Even with Revis out though, I think the Jets biggest problem is the offense. The Jets defense spends more time on the field then any other defense in the league. That is not a statistic you want to be first in. The offense had (might still have) the most '3 and outs' of any team in the league. Another stat you really don't want to be #1 in.

Tough to win like that, no matter how good your defense may or may not be.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2012, 12:41.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 11:27 Creston

Any given Sunday..

My Name is Willie!

Creston

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 11:14 sauron

...New Orleans would have a better defense if they used cardboard cut-outs shaped like football players and moved around by chimpanzees...

LOL. I think the Jets' secondary already tried that one.

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 11:04 Jivaro

Indy, Baltimore, Denver, NYG, Tennessee, Minnesota, New England, Atlanta, San Diego, Seattle, Dallas, San Fran, Chicago, Pitt

I went against my gut a couple of times. Picking ATL over NO despite the game being in New Orleans would have seemed brain dead last year. Same with the Philly/Dallas game in Philly. Problem is that after watching NO and Philly, I am not at all convinced that they can beat mediocre teams (let alone good ones)...even at home. Philly would have a better offensive line if they started the local girl scouts and New Orleans would have a better defense if they used cardboard cut-outs shaped like football players and moved around by chimpanzees. Any given Sunday..blah blah blah...but talk about two really disappointing teams.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 11:01 Creston

Dang, week 10 already???

Alright: Colts, Giants, Dolphins, Vikings, Patriots, .... errr... Falcons, Bucs, Broncos, Ravens, Seahawks, Cowboys, 49'ers, Texans, Steelers.

Creston

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 10:46 nin

"Top Gun" Sequel Collapses Post-Scott.

Probably for the best.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo