Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary

A Developer Blog for Star Wars: The Old Republic has details on the free-to-play BioWare is adding to the Star Wars MMORPG written by lead designer Damion Schubert (thanks Ant). This outlines their goals for the F2P transition, including allowing free players the opportunity to advance to level 50 without paying and how paid subscribers should not have their experience degraded, saying of the latter it turns out the subscriber experience will improve. They also give details on the rewards program and preferred status.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 13:14 BobBob

I'd try this game out if I can play Donald Duck.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 12:59 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 11:47:
This has to be the worst MMO F2P implementation ever witnessed. Trust EA to fuck even that up.

Creston

This.

Oh, and for those wondering when it actually is going to go F2P rather then this seemingly endless "soon to be F2P" BS...apparently some folks discovered it will be Nov 15th. I still haven't seen anything official on that, but for those looking to finish off story-lines...there you go.

Which explains why EA/Bioware sent all former subscribers that email telling them they can get the Cartel Coins they already earned (!) if they renew their subscription. What a fucking scam.

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 11:47 Creston

This has to be the worst MMO F2P implementation ever witnessed. Trust EA to fuck even that up.

Creston

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 10:15 Jackplug

I'm at lvl 50 and already is very bored, I dont like the pvp cos its so boring. I'm now lookin at guild wars 2.  

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 08:45 Shok

I'm sure Lucas is getting boatloads of licensing money even though SWTOR flopped so I doubt this idea has been dropped lol.  

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 08:36 Titus

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 07:50:
I wonder if they'll just drop the idea since they've been sold to Disney.

EA's been sold to Disney ? Now that's news to me..

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 07:50 Bill Borre

I wonder if they'll just drop the idea since they've been sold to Disney.  

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 06:27 Granz

Is it me or has this been taking a very long time? Seems like everything I read is F2P coming "very soon".  

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Diary Nov 8, 2012, 05:46 pagb

Whatever, just release it so I can finish up my leveling from 40, the story arc was getting interesting but it was just not worth paying the monthly fee.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo