Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched

The Elemental Forums have word that a new patch is now available for Elemental: Fallen Enchantress to update Stardock's strategy follow-up to version 1.01. The extensive patch notes are laid out in this post.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched Nov 8, 2012, 08:24 strong placebo

there's some 20 minute long gameplay videos of the retail build on youtube. There's lots of super fuzzy bitmaps in the gameworld. Not a deal breaker but it is distracting. It rather reminds me of the Elven Legacy games.  
"More turn-based please"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched Nov 8, 2012, 05:09 J

So far I've put about 30 hours into it and I'm liking it. My only bugbear is diplomacy, an issue that other games in the genre also tend to share. If they flesh that out and give it more dimensions I think I'd be completely happy with it.  

2. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched Nov 8, 2012, 00:42 MisterBenn

I've only played it very briefly, and haven't played AoW at all, but watching a video of AoW just now, it's definitely more like that than Civ games. The strategic map is more intimate and hints at a smaller area and passing of time. The detail put into abilities, inventory and combat mechanics make it far more fantasy 4X than world simulator as well.

I tried it for a couple of hours and thought it had potential, the skill system and inventories of heroes is quite satisfying and the ability to design troops with equipment, magic items and traits from your production ability and tech tree is very nice. If you had a metal shortage you might need to design monk types with light armour and weapons and based around their Dodge stat, that sort of thing. Could be great if you get into it. The 3D unit graphics reflect the items being worn but are pretty crude.

On the forums people were clamouring for more updates to add features and fix bugs. Some people loved the game and rated it 9/10, several people said it deserved a 6 or 7 in its current form. This patch seems pretty comprehensive in both fixes and balance, no idea how that changes things.

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

1. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched Nov 8, 2012, 00:13 Keith

How is it? Big fan of Age of Wonders series, not so much Civ series. Couldn't tell which one this was more like.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2012, 00:19.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo