Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Far Cry 3

The Far Cry Twitter feed announces the completion of development of Far Cry 3, the upcoming first-person shooter sequel, saying simply: "#FarCry3 has gone #gold. Pick it up Nov. 29th in EU, Nov. 30th in The UK, Dec. 4th in NA." Thanks VG247.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 8, 2012, 03:07 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 23:08:
NOBODY WANTS FUCKING JUMPING PUZZLES IN A FIRST PERSON GAME, YOU TITS!

Eh, speak for yourself. I enjoy platforming regardless of perspective. I thought Mirror's Edge was great. I also enjoyed Quantum Conundrum.

That comment rubbed me the wrong way too. I'm definitely looking forward o these deadly climbs! If the game gets me immersed enough, the deadly drop will surely scare me!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 23:08 Jerykk

NOBODY WANTS FUCKING JUMPING PUZZLES IN A FIRST PERSON GAME, YOU TITS!

Eh, speak for yourself. I enjoy platforming regardless of perspective. I thought Mirror's Edge was great. I also enjoyed Quantum Conundrum.

25. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 14:57 Shataan

"Loved the first one, tried the second one at a friends house and hated it"

You are not alone. Loved FarCry... absolutely hated FC 2. I thought we would be getting MORE of FC 1 in FC 2. Nope. Farcry 3 looks to be more like FarCry 1... thankfully. Here`s to hoping.

1 thing we NEED to make sure IS there... is FarCry 1s ability to tweak the gammas to make the game look LESS candy colored, more realistic color pallatewise. They allowed 3 settings in FC 1 to do this. Default and 2 others that were way easier on the eyes.

Hopefully someone on the Dev Team was thinking on their feet. As well, wtf has this gone Gold, and Steam still doesn`t have it on their site as a Pre Buy?????

24. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 11:07 Creston

Watching the videos, I really love almost everything about FC3. The cool visual look, the open world, the being hunted by animals, the health system they brought back from FC2 (which is the best health system ever devised), the tons of shit to do... hell, I even love the AC-stolen idea of having to climb radio towers to disable GPS jammers so you get a map overview. (though it worries me when the devs say that the later "jumping puzzles get downright evil." NOBODY WANTS FUCKING JUMPING PUZZLES IN A FIRST PERSON GAME, YOU TITS!)

And then I come to the one thing I don't like, which is the shooting. In just about every video I've seen it looks just plain horrible. :\

I hope that it was just because they keep showing off the decrepit console version, and that on the PC it'll be tighter...

Creston

23. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 09:24 InBlack

Loved the first one, tried the second one at a friends house and hated it. I dunno why, I guess Im very picky about shooters & this one just rubbed me the wrong way.

As far as FC3 is concerned, 0 interest sadly.

I have a nifty blue line!

22. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 09:19 Omni

Fantaz wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 23:08:
Omni wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 21:27:
Time to load up those flamethrowers but wait is that worth $50 or whatever they are asking for it.

It will most definitely be worth more than the $60 that EA is charging for MoH: Warfighter for PC... I commend Ubisoft for setting lower price points for their PC titles. Managed to pre-order this for $20-off (so only $29.99!) during the E3 deal promo, so even if it's not the greatest at least there's no big chance that I'll feel burned. We were wowed when Ubi showed us the first trailer back at their conf at E3 2011.

Anything is worth more than EA's current releases

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2012, 10:13.

21. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 09:11 ItBurn

The first one is probably my second favorite shooter of all time. Loved the second one despite it's minor flaws. Can't wait to play the third.  

20. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 08:39 Prez

For God's sake fix the respawns in this one.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 08:38 Qbex .

Loved FC2 and FC , here's hope new one will be as good. But since it's Ubi I'll wait for fellow gamers opinion before buying. Got sneaky feeling it's going to have vomit inducing narrow FOV and laggy mouse from the start and sparse config options.  

18. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 06:16 Icewind

Quinn wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 06:11:
Feel like I'm one o' the few people who LOVED FC2. The hunt fir those diamonds actually made sense: once you bought weapons with them, they were "unlocked" and free to pick up in any ingame shop from that moment forth. It added a great sense of achievement and even an RPG aspect to the game.

Same here. I reinstalled it last month for the same reasons the other guy did and was reminded how great of an FPS it was. It was like a "Baby" version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but still great nonetheless.

17. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 06:11 Quinn

Feel like I'm one o' the few people who LOVED FC2. The hunt fir those diamonds actually made sense: once you bought weapons with them, they were "unlocked" and free to pick up in any ingame shop from that moment forth. It added a great sense of achievement and even an RPG aspect to the game.

Ambushing jeep patrols didn't get old either.

Man I'm going to reinstall FC2 tonight!

Ordered FC3 for €20,- (about $25,-) on WOWHD.com . 20% off for any game 'til the 20th of Nov.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 03:55 J

is this the Far Cry without the infinitely respawning enemies within a small period of time?  

15. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 02:21 Joss

They could've done so much better with those Trigens in FarCry 1.  

14. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 01:40 DangerDog

Sempai wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 00:42:
Since it's going to be so dry during the holidays, i hope this ones not retarded.

What engine is this using? Cry3?

Crytek only made the first one, they had to leave their franchise behind when they left Ubisoft apparently. I still think Crysis comes up short from Farcry, even with the mutant monkey's.

13. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 01:08 CJ_Parker

Sempai wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 00:42:

Nope. Dunia engine 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunia_Engine

12. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 00:42 Sempai

Since it's going to be so dry during the holidays, i hope this ones not retarded.

11. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 00:02 theyarecomingforyou

Looking forward to this one. The co-op particularly interests me.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 23:51 The Half Elf

Do I need to finish Far Cry 2? Couldn't stand the game but loved the whole setting a spot on fire and having an entire field burn.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 23:30 PHJF

I don't think this will sell half as well as their marketing for it expects.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 23:16 Jerykk

Rigs wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 23:06:
Why is it taking so long between gold and release? It used to be only a few days, now it's weeks at a time? WTF?

This is one of only a handful of games I'm really looking forward to...

=-Rigs-=

When was it ever just a few days? If you're going to manufacture millions of copies of a game, you need to make sure the game is actually ready to go first. Granted, this isn't an issue for digital distribution but alas, we live in a console-centric world.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo