Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"

The PA Report has confirmation from Microsoft Game Studios that Halo 4 is not coming to the PC, which isn't too surprising considering Halo 3 was never ported to the PC either. What's a little odd is the explanation, as a spokesperson tells them: "Halo 4 was designed specifically for Xbox 360, and while we’re always exploring new ways to expand the franchise and share the Halo experience with as many fans as possible, we do not currently have any plans to port Halo 4 to PC."

View
121 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 23:15 Rigs

Jerykk wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 23:03:
Just like Alan Wake was designed to be played on Xbox, amirite?

Anyway, can't say I'm really bothered. Halo 1 and 2 were pretty underwhelming. Halo 1 had some of the worst level design I've seen in any game ever. When your environments are so incredibly bland and generic that you have to put glowing arrows on the ground showing the player where to go, you know you have a problem. Halo 2 wasn't much better.

Jerykk, where are you getting these 'arrows on the ground'?! I have no idea what you mean by that. And as for the level design, I didn't see anything that wasn't also done in other PC FPS's in that timeframe. You make it to look like it's actually worse than other FPS's for the time and it isn't (or wasn't). Granted, the last 1/3 was a little repetitive, but it was still great nonetheless. Am I butthurt by that comment because I'm a HALO fanboy? You better %#$@ believe it!

And few will comment on this. Because no one on the pc cares about Halo. It seems to me that halo is of little interest to the pc crowd. With good reason i think

Fine, they didn't release the others to the PC and it didn't (doesn't) have revolutionary this or that. Does that stop anyone from buying CoD every f'n year? No. Just because YOU have no interest in it doesn't mean NO ONE does. You DO NOT speak for me!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 23:03 Jerykk

Just like Alan Wake was designed to be played on Xbox, amirite?

Anyway, can't say I'm really bothered. Halo 1 and 2 were pretty underwhelming. Halo 1 had some of the worst level design I've seen in any game ever. When your environments are so incredibly bland and generic that you have to put glowing arrows on the ground showing the player where to go, you know you have a problem. Halo 2 wasn't much better.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if MS decided to eventually port Halo 3/ODST/Reach to the PC as Windows 8 exclusives. Now that Halo 4 is out, Xbox sales of the previous games will decrease significantly so might as well try to milk some more sales on PC while promoting your new OS.

19. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 23:02 Prez

Wouldn't it have been easier if he had just said "It's an Xbox exclusive - Duh" ?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:39 Blackhawk

Halo 1 was released on PC two years late.

Halo 2 was then released on the PC three years late.

They have since released four other Halo games that never made it to the PC.

The fact that the fifth won't is about as surprising as the new Mario not coming to PC.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2012, 22:46.

17. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:37 Cutter

Jivaro wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 22:07:
The article goes on and on...and I am sitting here thinking to myself: "Damn, that sounds just like Mass Effect! They are just straight up copying it!"

And then you know what I said to my wife?

"I wonder if it will have a better ending?"

Have you never read Ringworld?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:28 rist3903

Well good. We didn't want your crappy console game anyways.

15. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:21 dj LiTh

I've had some fun moments with halo with friends, but i must say that this is one of the most overhyped games i've ever played.  

14. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:10 NegaDeath

At this point they really should stop pretending they care about PC gaming. GFWL was a disaster from start to finish. Windows 8 is their attempt to pull everyone into a console ecosystem. Just say you hate PC gaming and be done with it, you'll feel better.  

13. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:07 Jivaro

I read the "preview" of Halo 4 in Game Informer and my jaw hit the ground.

"An ancient race called the Prometheans...."

"The Prometheans are part of the Forerunner civilization, the ancient race that dominated the galaxy in the Halo fiction 10,000 years ago."

"Their ruined buildings and facilities, including the Halo rings themselves, have been at the center of the story since the beginning. Even so, mysteries remain about who they are and what happened to them."

"The Prometheans are undoubtedly Forerunner citizens. They are in thrall and work for the Forerunner civilization."

"One of the central mysteries of Halo 4 is what happened in the vast stretch of time between the apparent end of the Forerunner civilization and the events of the Halo games."

The article goes on and on...and I am sitting here thinking to myself: "Damn, that sounds just like Mass Effect! They are just straight up copying it!"

And then you know what I said to my wife?

"I wonder if it will have a better ending?"

12. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:02 Wildone

No it makes sense, if you saw the game on a modern PC you'd think 'WTF?!!?!?' why do the graphics look so 2005!!! Understandable  

11. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:58 Parias

fuzzy maxitazz wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 21:19:
And few will comment on this. Because no one on the pc cares about Halo. It seems to me that halo is of little interest to the pc crowd. With good reason i think

I had GREAT interest in playing Halo on the PC, and Halo 2.

The problem is that both games came out with no co-op support, which have always been the main selling points of the franchise for me. In particular I was hoping that by porting both those games to PC, they'd add in proper LAN play so I wouldn't be stuck to playing them in split-screen mode back then - I was crushed when they didn't bother.

10. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:57 Cutter

And MS investors wonder why their stock can't get past $20 a share.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:46 Bhruic

edaciousx wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 21:32:
laziness has nothing to do with it, money does. They don't think anyone on the PC will buy that game.

Your first statement is true, your second is not. They don't want people to be able to buy it on the PC. They want it to be an XBox exclusive, but such exclusives sell consoles. And they want more people to buy consoles.

8. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:38 nin

"Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"

"Yeah, fuck you, too."

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:37 fuzzy maxitazz

Yes, some will mourn the loss of halo. But it is dead to me and, it seems that, most will not give two shits if it is released or not  

6. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:32 edaciousx

laziness has nothing to do with it, money does. They don't think anyone on the PC will buy that game. If it was GOOD I would have but since it's not offered on the PC I will not.  

5. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:29 Rhett

fuzzy maxitazz wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 21:19:

Halo 1 was pretty fun on PC...

4. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:22 Omni

Random comment to random statement.

We all know FPS games doesn't work on PCs at all

3. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:20 Darks

Bhruic wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 21:16:
"But never doubt our commitment to the PC platform for gaming! Guys? Guys???"

And this is why Microsoft I am not committed to buying or supporting your crappy Console. This is a pathetic excuse, Designed specifically for the Xbox my ass, theres no real difference. Its just laziness on their part to not want to do the port.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

2. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:19 fuzzy maxitazz

121 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo