Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Scant Destiny Details Leak

Superannuation's new Kotaku Column has a few details on Destiny, after discovering some documents on Demonware's internal blog related to Bungie's first non-Halo game since the launch of the third-person shooter series. It should therefore either be shocking or obvious that word is Destiny is "still quite like Halo," though "there is a lot of work still to be done." The sleuth also notes a recent job posting for Bungie that calls this "the biggest new entertainment property in the history of video games, currently in development at Bungie, the creators of Halo." The only platform mentioned is the PS3, and here's the most descriptive bit:

…At the end of the day I was excited about the game, I like the feel of being in a large world with different destinations and the interactions along the way. It actually brought back a sense of exploration I recall from playing [Elite] many years ago, although there was no opportunity to shoot aliens in the face in Elite. I'm not fully sold on the appeal of being able to change the colour of a weapon, but I guess it works in China, and customization and individual identity is a big theme for the game.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Scant Destiny Details Leak Nov 7, 2012, 08:27  Blue 

Fantaz wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 04:56:
I thought Bungie only makes Xbox games? And a very long time ago I think they only made PC games.

And a very long time ago I think they only made PC Mac games.

FTFY.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Scant Destiny Details Leak Nov 7, 2012, 04:56 Fantaz

I thought Bungie only makes Xbox games? And a very long time ago I think they only made PC games.  

1. Re: Scant Destiny Details Leak Nov 6, 2012, 21:59 Cutter

Biggest new IP in gaming history and it's only for the PS3? Right.
Rolleyes

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo