Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Trailer

This new trailer from MechWarrior Online celebrates the recently launched open beta of Piranha Games' upcoming mech combat game by showing off new maps and other content added for the test. Those interested in the beta can register on this page, and while this is called a beta, as noted in the MWO forums, no more stat wipes are planned, so this free-to-play game is essentially now live.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 7, 2012, 08:13 InBlack

How can you want a true mechwarrior sequel too, but then go boohooo on the mechlab??

The Mechlab has been the centerpiece of every mechwarrior game to date.

*scratches head*

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 16:20 Suppa7

InBlack wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 06:02:
The best thing that can be said about the game is that while playing I kept on wishing I was playing a true mechwarrior sequel done in the engine with a proper campaign, true dedicated servers for multiplayer and nice varied mission design. Now that I think of it thats not really a good thing to say about the game at all...

What you want is just too money intensive, it would take probably a good 50 million to remake Mechwarrior 2 at MWO's graphical standards.

Mechwarrior online is basically little more then going after all the dumb money in gaming land (which sadly there is a lot of).

I really wish most gamers weren't so fucking stupid, the hobby has been fucked up by the influx of low intelligence retards. The success of MMO's, steam DRM, etc... has truly fucked up PC gaming forever.

14. Re: well..... Nov 6, 2012, 16:16 Suppa7

Shataan wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 13:28:
waves hand.... "this is not the Mechwarrior I am looking for"

I was hoping for Mechwarrior 3 incockpit piloting experience, repleat with single player campaign and a real Next Gen visuals delivery.

I don`t want or care about perks. Don`t want or care about being forced to balance what parts I choose with a money system/weight etc etc etc. Now MWOs visuals considering they are not yet DX 11, are not bad. The incockpit piloting is a step above Mechwarrior 3s for sure.

But the Mechlab for ME personally holds no interest. And no single player game. What`s a guy gotta do to just get a decent Mechwarrior SIM.... that is more to the point..... less Free To Try... costly to play?????

Lastly, you could be a great pilot, but if you don`t know how to hotrod your Mech, good luck with having your azz handed to you over and over and ........

You must be a modern gamer, you want to make a classic game all easy mode.

13. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 14:08 Rampage

Rumor has it they are taking action to end Mechwarrior Living Legends development too. Guess their game cannot stand the comparisons.  

12. well..... Nov 6, 2012, 13:28 Shataan

waves hand.... "this is not the Mechwarrior I am looking for"

I was hoping for Mechwarrior 3 incockpit piloting experience, repleat with single player campaign and a real Next Gen visuals delivery.

I don`t want or care about perks. Don`t want or care about being forced to balance what parts I choose with a money system/weight etc etc etc. Now MWOs visuals considering they are not yet DX 11, are not bad. The incockpit piloting is a step above Mechwarrior 3s for sure.

But the Mechlab for ME personally holds no interest. And no single player game. What`s a guy gotta do to just get a decent Mechwarrior SIM.... that is more to the point..... less Free To Try... costly to play?????

Lastly, you could be a great pilot, but if you don`t know how to hotrod your Mech, good luck with having your azz handed to you over and over and ........

11. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 12:54 Techie714

I would pay $60.00 if this game had an in depth and dynamic single player campaign. Shame really...  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 10:22 Glykon

Lokust wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 09:47:
This game was my biggest disappointment of the last decade.

Hmm we had Tabula Rasa, AoC, Warhammer, Diablo 3, SWTOR...even GW2 I would put here, had much hope for this...and many many more.
Its when corporations who have no idea of gaming start "investing" (aka money laundering) in this field

9. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 09:47 Lokust

This game was my biggest disappointment of the last decade.  

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 06:40 deqer

Such a shame that a great game is being setup as a F2P online-only product. I'm sorry, but I don't support the idea of me not truly owning my product, and the idea of me being tracked and essentially owned by you corporations.

I guess it's time now to say that all new games--from this point on--suck. No more new games anymore.

Please corps, just die.

7. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 06:05 Glykon

As I said on their forum too...if 48 ppl with abt 6-10 millions made in 2-3 years only a buggy 8v8 shooter with a console type matchmaking and only 4 maps, I doubt they can really make a decent game.

PGI are only console guys, I even doubt they ever played WoT or LoL or the actual successful games ... pitty

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 06:02 InBlack

Ok I joined the Open Beta a few days ago. Here are some impressions. Please take note Im a diehard Mechwarrior fan, I have played every Mechwarrior game to death since I discovered the series way back when with Mechwarrior2 so I might be a little bit biased. (Which still remains my favorite, simply because of the grand storyline and the strangeness of the Clans)

First the graphics. This is the best looking Mechwarrior game to date. Shit blows up in your face, the cockpits are excellent, Missles leave chemtrails, Lasers heat up the enemies armor to a glowing white glow, mechs shake and rattle when struck you name it the Cryengine3 does it pretty well.

The gameplay though leaves a lot to be desired. Sure the game is a beta but they are taking people's money so it IS a valid discussion point. IMO its extremely simple and there is not really much to do other than duke it out TvT. There is one game mode assault which features 8 mechs per team but it basically boils down to a WoT style kill the enemy before they kill you. Teamplay is rather important and good teams make short work of the enemy but more often than not the makeup of the specific teams is much more important. Newbie mechwariorrs who dont want to dish out cash need to grind out the ingame currency C-bills to purchase mech variants which can be customized to your hearts content but up until that point you are basically stuck playing the very crappy 'stock' mechs which basically means you are more or less a target practice dummy on the battlefield. The grind doesnt seem to be excessive though which is good because it only means I need to LOSE 100 matches before I can buy a decent mech variant which can be customised.

Combat mechanics are ok, people complain of lag but its not that noticable (at least for me) and I usually ping around 150 from Europe.

What is horribly noticable is the mech clipping. As far as I can tell you clip through friendly and enemy mechs 100%. This is a HUGE bummer, as it gives an unfair advantage to light mechs who dont have to manuever as much and DFA (death from above) is obviously not working as intended.

All in all it feels more like a tech demo than a full game, and the strategy in 8v8 matches is very limited. Basically the team that has the better equiped mech wins always hands down.

The longevity of the game depends on them adding more mechs, factions, and improving the combat mechanics (such as turning off clipping and adding more physics effects) but I cant see that happening any time soon.

The best thing that can be said about the game is that while playing I kept on wishing I was playing a true mechwarrior sequel done in the engine with a proper campaign, true dedicated servers for multiplayer and nice varied mission design. Now that I think of it thats not really a good thing to say about the game at all...

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 6, 2012, 05:17 edaciousx

i believe that was onyl in mechwarrior 2.... hmmm. pretty rad though, i miss that bootup sequence  

4. removed Nov 6, 2012, 01:09 Hoop

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 6, 2012, 08:15.

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 5, 2012, 22:56 Cutter

FloorPie wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 22:05:
"Reactor online, sensors online, weapons online. All systems nominal."

Ahh the memories.

For some reason I always remember "Ambient temperature..."

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 5, 2012, 22:31 Overon

Yes. This is like a 40 man team developing this. I wish they still had their founder's program going but they terminated it.  

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 5, 2012, 22:05 FloorPie

"Reactor online, sensors online, weapons online. All systems nominal."

Ahh the memories.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo