Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80

Treyarch tweets that the field of view in the PC edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (expected next week) is capped at 80, saying: "And don't ask me to raise the FOV cap. Max is 80. Thankyouverymuch. <3, -pcdev-." Another tweet confirms the presence of the lean command, and the absence of console access: "Console = no. Lean = yes." Thanks Joao.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 17:39 DangerDog

Won't stop people from using a utility to make it go all the way up to 120.

There's no server browser in the game either, just match making.

There are dedicated servers but they're not rentable, so no hands on admin support or 24/7 nuketown servers, which in the latter case may not be such a bad thing.

It's also sitting at #3 on Steams tops sellers list in the US, and that's just for people who bought it through Steam.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 17:38 eRe4s3r

Another developer that has no god damn clue what FOV is, how it should be used, and why it should NEVER be limited on a platform that has 7 billion different screen size to resolution to amount of monitors to distance situations....

/* someone who plays most games on fov 110 respectively 90 (for some reason, 90 on Source engine is not the same as 90 on BF3.. but meh) I guess just calling it FOV might be a bit confusing

4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 17:33 LittleMe

webweaver wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 17:10:
Thanks for the heads up. I know I won't be buying this game.

Ditto. I take that statement as saying that they don't care about catering to their customers.

Here I'll translate:

"Don't fucking as us to increase the FOV cap. We're going to make a fuckton of money off this game and that's good enough. We are arrogant enough assholes that we make public statements taunting you to get mad but we think you're so stupid you'll buy the game anyway. Even after we publicly tell you to fuck off we'll put <3 symbols in our tweets because we love nauseating you PC players with kiddie console FOV settings. Thankyouverymuch youcanhaveanother."

Perpetual debt is slavery.

3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 17:33 Sempai

And i'll be sure not to be a customer of your rehashed, decade old tech, milked, overpriced, mediocre shooter. Pushed out the door by the same bunch of arrogant dickbags who shit out the very same code every 2 years.

It's also quite obvious you still haven't come to the realization that 98% of your demographic own widescreens, and capped FoV is only for the moronic simple fucks like the folks at Treyarch.

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 17:10 webweaver

Thanks for the heads up. I know I won't be buying this game.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2012, 17:10 Rigs

Nono -pcdev- Rifle

That is all...

=-Rigs-= Race

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo