Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80

Treyarch tweets that the field of view in the PC edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (expected next week) is capped at 80, saying: "And don't ask me to raise the FOV cap. Max is 80. Thankyouverymuch. <3, -pcdev-." Another tweet confirms the presence of the lean command, and the absence of console access: "Console = no. Lean = yes." Thanks Joao.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

26. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 19:32 The Half Elf

Or maybe they just wanted a cap to make sure the game was a even playing field (minus the cheaters/hackers)?

Then again I don't understand all the bitching over the FOV. Everyone on this forum wasn't going to be playing 'the same re-hashed game in a new setting' that they played last year.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 19:31 Closed Betas

or better yet..

"Don't port your crappy console games to PC. TYVM. /<3, -God-"

24. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 19:28 Closed Betas

Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 18:32:
The guy indeed comes across like an arrogant ass but CoD's focus is competitive multiplayer. It's the old "competitive edge" thing. I personally don't buy that me having a field of view that is higher than yours is going to give me any discernible edge - the game moves so fast that the difference is negligible. You'll kill me because I suck regardless of the fact that I can see a tiny bit more of the field than you on the edges.

Call of Duty and the word competitive in the same sentence???
Catching Fish in a barrel is a Olympic sport by now I guess...

23. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 19:26 Closed Betas

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 19:11:
"Don't ask us to buy your crappy game. Thankyouverymuch. /<3, -pcgamers-."

Quote of the year... :-D

22. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 19:22 Omni

Lol here we go again  

21. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 19:21 Cyant

He did manage to stop me from pirating it. Oh wait I didn't even want to do that in the first place...  

20. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 19:11 nin

"Don't ask us to buy your crappy game. Thankyouverymuch. /<3, -pcgamers-."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 18:56 Jackplug

Its hard to believe anyone in their right mind would wanna buy this piece of shit in the 1st place, but to play it with the fov of 80 fuck no!, they would need to be fucking proper stupid to buy it now!!  

18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 18:50 Quinn

born2expire wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 18:25:
Quinn wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 18:15:
"And don't ask me to raise the FOV cap. Max is 80. Thankyouverymuch. <3, -pcdev-."

Why would any PC gamer buy a game from such a fucking smug asshole?

most likely pcdev fought go get a fov upto 80 from 60. why the fuss, sure i think an fov of 80 sucks, but EVERY other call of duty has locked the FOV at 80, yup even CoD4.

Don't get me wrong, I freaking hate that FOV cap. But that's not my issue here.

My issue is the effort he puts in coming over as an arrogant piece of shit who somehow thinks he's holier than.

Fuck him and his piece of shit games.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 18:34 Gib007

CoD is the Apple iCrap of the gaming world, simply put.  

16. Re: LOL @ COD Devs Nov 5, 2012, 18:33 Paketep

Richie wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 17:53:
Aaaaand, this is why I haven't bought a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 1.

This.

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 18:32 Prez

The guy indeed comes across like an arrogant ass but CoD's focus is competitive multiplayer. It's the old "competitive edge" thing. I personally don't buy that me having a field of view that is higher than yours is going to give me any discernible edge - the game moves so fast that the difference is negligible. You'll kill me because I suck regardless of the fact that I can see a tiny bit more of the field than you on the edges.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 18:25 born2expire

Quinn wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 18:15:
"And don't ask me to raise the FOV cap. Max is 80. Thankyouverymuch. <3, -pcdev-."

most likely pcdev fought go get a fov upto 80 from 60. why the fuss, sure i think an fov of 80 sucks, but EVERY other call of duty has locked the FOV at 80, yup even CoD4.

13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 18:15 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 18:08 NegaDeath

It was starting to look better for awhile there with the game requiring DX10/11, then this "lol nope" answer hits. C'est la vie.  

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 18:00 Creston

Keep buying shitty ports, keep getting shitty treatment from shitty devs.

Creston

10. Re: LOL @ COD Devs Nov 5, 2012, 18:00 ASeven

Why does that guy still insists on calling himself pcdev when he has become anything but?  

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 5, 2012, 17:59 Cutter

Never understood why people buy this scheisse in the first place.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. LOL @ COD Devs Nov 5, 2012, 17:53 Richie

Aaaaand, this is why I haven't bought a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 1.  

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 5, 2012, 17:43 HorrorScope

There is your current state of customer service these days.

Why not just make a blanket statement of "Don't ask us for anything in addition to what you get out of the box". Why limit it to just FOV?

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo