Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hawken's 10M Player Target

Developers Hawken are hoping to attract 10 million players when the free-to-play mech shooter launches next month, reports MCV. This hope is backed up by some cold, hard cash, as they add that the company has secured $18 million in funding to help make this happen. This presumably will involve a marketing campaign, though they could consider just sending everyone who plays $1.80.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

4. Re: Hawken's 10M PLayer Target Nov 5, 2012, 09:02 Prez

It seems dubious to have a goal of 'x' number of players. It just sets them up for being viewed as a failure in the extremely likely event that they don't get anywhere close to that number.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Hawken's 10M PLayer Target Nov 5, 2012, 09:00 pagb

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 08:59:
I especially loved their comment that they were going to dethrone the several DOTA-type games as the #1 played game online.

Oookay, guys. In the end you still just made a shooter, okay? You dress it up in a Mech outfit, but it's plain old deathmatch. Good luck beating the MOBAs...

Creston
Yeah, the whole mecha thing is cool, the graphics are decent... But playing it was like "just deathmatch? come on!"

2. Re: Hawken's 10M PLayer Target Nov 5, 2012, 08:59 Creston

I especially loved their comment that they were going to dethrone the several DOTA-type games as the #1 played game online.

Oookay, guys. In the end you still just made a shooter, okay? You dress it up in a Mech outfit, but it's plain old deathmatch. Good luck beating the MOBAs...

Creston

1. Re: Hawken's 10M PLayer Target Nov 5, 2012, 08:49 PHJF

Ha!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo