Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here are the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the past week according to Valve:

1. Football Manager 2013
  2. Left 4 Dead 2
  3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  4. Natural Selection 2
  5. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  6. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  7. Borderlands 2
  8. The Walking Dead
  9. Dishonored
  10. Dead Island Game of the Year Edition

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 17:54 ASeven

In other news, CoD:BO2 just got leaked for the xbox.

Damn filthy PC pirates!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 17:39 jacobvandy

PHJF wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 16:02:
No, the melee is more fluid and precise than the wild flailing offered by M&B. And it isn't trying to be a sim.

You might not notice it so much in battles with several hundred combatants where you're just riding around and swinging at dudes wherever you can, but M&B is not even close to "mindless swinging" in mano-a-mano melee. You can swing from either side or overhead and stab, and unless you're using a big shield, that matters as to which direction you need to block in order to avoid being hit. Of course, you do need to be playing with the difficulty set to standard levels (it defaults to something like only 1/4 of damage being dealt to you) for blocking or getting around their blocks to really matter. Or play in multiplayer, which is really the low-budget originator of this fad.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 17:32 inveigle88

Natural Selection 2 is a must-buy!  

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 16:02 PHJF

Could someone breakdown chivalry for me? Is it just a multiplayer flavor of mount and blade's combat or what?

No, the melee is more fluid and precise than the wild flailing offered by M&B. And it isn't trying to be a sim.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 15:46 nin

Pretty cool that XCOM is doing so well. Wish Dishonored had more of a buzz going for it.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 15:24 jacobvandy

It's not a "sports game," it's a management sim. AMAZINGLY popular everywhere but in the US, where nobody cares about soccer. :p

Seriously, though, it's such a hot seller year after year, that EA has been trying to bring it to the States with their FIFA spin-off of the same concept.

6. Re: Dark Reign Redux Nov 4, 2012, 15:13 John

Football Manager is #1? Didn't think sports games were so popular on the PC.  
This space is available for rent

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 15:11 dj LiTh

Could someone breakdown chivalry for me? Is it just a multiplayer flavor of mount and blade's combat or what?  

4. Re: Dark Reign Redux Nov 4, 2012, 14:41 PHJF

Wouldn't call a peak of 6700 concurrent the weekend of a release a raging success, especially considering the amount of work/time that has been put into NS2. I've managed 20+ hours since launch so I'm certainly doing my part.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Dark Reign Redux Nov 4, 2012, 14:20 ASeven

NS2 is truly a PC FPS through and through and I've been loving it. Glad to see it not only is a success in sales, it also is a success in player numbers. Also nice to see Chivalry still hanging on there.  

2. Re: Dark Reign Redux Nov 4, 2012, 13:54 Mordecai Walfish

The Natural Selection 2 team must be elated with the success they've had so far. I'm glad they stuck through it and finally released this wonderful game.  

1. Re: Dark Reign Redux Nov 4, 2012, 13:38 PunkiBastardo

First time in months I don`t see Arma up there...

Also, really enjoying Natural selection 2 right now.

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo