Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here are the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the past week according to Valve:

1. Football Manager 2013
  2. Left 4 Dead 2
  3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  4. Natural Selection 2
  5. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  6. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  7. Borderlands 2
  8. The Walking Dead
  9. Dishonored
  10. Dead Island Game of the Year Edition

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 6, 2012, 00:30 xXBatmanXx

MajorD wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 11:28:
ASeven wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 17:54:
In other news, CoD:BO2 just got leaked for the xbox.

Damn filthy PC pirates!

LOL!

Is the pirated version the version that has FOV more than 80!?

HA!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2012, 11:28 MajorD

ASeven wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 17:54:
In other news, CoD:BO2 just got leaked for the xbox.

Damn filthy PC pirates!

LOL!

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2012, 10:12 Ceribaen

I find it crazy that L4D2 jumped up there again. I guess Halloween effect?

I wish that EHM could have had more success, by the same guys as Football Manager, but after two attempts they felt it was pirated too much to be worth the effort. EA has never come anywhere close with its Be A GM mode for NHL what EHM managed with its sim effort.

I actually bought FM12 just because I had a coupon plus on sale - but haven't really got into it as much (I suppose cause you need a bit of a passion for the game itself, rather than just the desire to play a sports management sim).

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2012, 07:35 dj LiTh

D4rkKnight wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 18:24:
Could someone breakdown chivalry for me? Is it just a multiplayer flavor of mount and blade's combat or what?

Mount and blade Warband is multiplayer M&B...much better then the crap that is Chivalry and War of the Roses.

Thanks, as i suspected. I'll stick with Warband, and wait for M&B2

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2012, 02:45 Armengar

There are still ns1 servers active. It will be around a loooong time. I plus it can be moved ensuring something will be about.

It's great.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2012, 01:12 JohnBirshire

I want to get Natural Selection 2, I just have one major concern. When Savage first came out, it was a blast, full evenly matched teams every game. Three months later and the game was a ghost town, as people moved on. With the advent of Steam those days might be long gone, but I'm still skeptical. Any reason to be?  

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2012, 00:18 Crustacean Soup

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 21:48:
Only thing I don't understand about Chilvary is that you wear these huge sets of armor, and still die in one hit...what's the point?

You don't. The big, heavily armored class doesn't get 1-shotted by any melee weapon. If I remember the damage values correctly, there's at least a couple two-handed weapons that can kill the light man-at-arms in one overhead hit to the head, but that's a balancing feature because he can dodge and a good player can keep just out of reach with him. It does make it a very difficult class for new players, though.

25. Re: Natural Selection 2 question... Nov 4, 2012, 23:48 PHJF

yes and yes. Part of playing commander is using the mic to direct your team. Rather than constantly selecting and issuing orders to units you simply tell people to do things.

Personally I find myself backseat commanding a lot, since a lot of people are new to NS2 or NS in general... suggesting things for the commander to do, directing teammates, calling out enemy locations/numbers... commanding is fun but I'm much more useful on the ground

Steam + PSN: PHJF

24. Re: Natural Selection 2 question... Nov 4, 2012, 23:45 Trooper119

Yes to built in voice chat, yes it's used all the time.  

23. Natural Selection 2 question... Nov 4, 2012, 23:39 JohnBirshire

Does Natural Selection 2 have built-in voice chat? If it does, is it well used?  

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 22:46 jacobvandy

10 hours for a straightforward, kill-everything playthrough is still VERY generous. I didn't do anything remotely like that, played mostly stealthy and spent plenty of time exploring, yet still finished in about 12 hours. I loved the game, but it was still disappointing as far as length. Not worth full price, IMO, maybe $30-40 at most.  

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 21:48 nin

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 20:22:
nin wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 15:46:
Pretty cool that XCOM is doing so well. Wish Dishonored had more of a buzz going for it.

I heard Dishonored is very short. At $60, that must feel like a rip-off. I'll wait until it is less than $10, then I'll give it a try.

Depends on how you play it. If you blow through it like a FPS? Yes. If you take your time sneaking and exploring, like intended? No.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 21:48 JohnBirshire

Only thing I don't understand about Chilvary is that you wear these huge sets of armor, and still die in one hit...what's the point?

I haven't bought either, but will probably end up buying Chivalry and Natural Selection 2, both look fun.

At 20-30 hours Dishonored is fine by me, with so many games to play I don't mind a short play through as long as it's a good one.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 21:39 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 21:19:
As with any game of its type, Dishonored's length is entirely dependent on how you play. If you play stealthy, explore every nook and cranny, steal every piece of loot, read every book and note and eavesdrop on every NPC conversation, you'll get 30-40 hours out of the game (especially if you avoid killing or incapacitating anyone). If you don't care about any of that stuff and just run around killing everything, you can probably beat the game in 10 hours. However, if you just want to run around killing stuff, this type of game probably isn't what you're looking for.
this is 100% truth. i'm sitting at 38 hours just after the fight with daud, which was literally the game-making moment, especially on a low chaos playthrough, as additional Whalers keep blinking in and briefly attacking and he keeps ordering them back. it was just outstanding. the parallels drawn between your characters are interesting, also.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 21:19 Jerykk

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 20:22:
Pretty cool that XCOM is doing so well. Wish Dishonored had more of a buzz going for it.

I heard Dishonored is very short. At $60, that must feel like a rip-off. I'll wait until it is less than $10, then I'll give it a try.

I second the Natural Select 2 comment - it is a must buy.

As with any game of its type, Dishonored's length is entirely dependent on how you play. If you play stealthy, explore every nook and cranny, steal every piece of loot, read every book and note and eavesdrop on every NPC conversation, you'll get 30-40 hours out of the game (especially if you avoid killing or incapacitating anyone). If you don't care about any of that stuff and just run around killing everything, you can probably beat the game in 10 hours. However, if you just want to run around killing stuff, this type of game probably isn't what you're looking for.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 20:22 Fibrocyte

I second the Natural Select 2 comment - it is a must buy.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 19:19 Nucas

glad to see dishonored hanging in there.

i was really surprised when i found out daud was voiced by michael madsen, because the acting was, like, good.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 19:14 Fantaz

inveigle88 wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 17:32:
Natural Selection 2 is a must-buy!

I'm waiting for a Steam sale, although I really want to play it! Prices come down so fast, and I don't want to feel burned right away when I already have quite a backlog.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 18:24 D4rkKnight

Could someone breakdown chivalry for me? Is it just a multiplayer flavor of mount and blade's combat or what?

Mount and blade Warband is multiplayer M&B...much better then the crap that is Chivalry and War of the Roses.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 17:58 The Pyro

2. Left 4 Dead 2

Dang, those free weekends are insanely effective. L4D2 is ancient in gaming terms (more than a year old!) and yet it somehow comes back to #2, beating out XCOM and Borderlands 2?

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo