Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 23:31 killer_roach

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 07:23:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 00:33:
It's less praise and more "just the truth" than you think. When Activision killed Bizarre, a large number of them ended up at Playground Games. Play the demo, you'll see.
I think some of the Dirt series devs worked on this as well.
It is a pretty awesome game regardless but yeah I also feel the same way about DLC cars. The rally expansion sounds pretty good though.
Did you guys see the price of the season pass for this game? 4000 points !!

Yeah, there's a heavy amount of influence from PGR and Dirt in the game, and, for that matter, pretty much any racing game series worth caring about for the past decade. Other than the fact that there's simply less to do in Horizon than in previous Forza games, and the aesthetic of the game bugs me, it's really a pretty good "all things to all people" racer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 13:56 JediPunisher

I only buy car packs, or any DLC for that matter, when Microsoft has a sale.

But Forza Horizon is awesome... Forza on the open road, complete with multiplayer, auctions, painting, and upgrades, but minus car damage and the tuning and tweaking aspect.
Unlike some other similar games, these cars all have a very different and distinct feel to them. Trust me, if you like Forza, you'll enjoy Forza Horizon.

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 09:21 Burrito of Peace

Neither of them hold a candle to the multiplayer fun in MC:LA.

That game was a blast with friends and drifting around corners at high speed felt perfect.

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 09:07 PHJF

Where NFS: Most Wanted is a thinly veiled Burnout Paradise 2

Um.... that sounds fucking awesome. Shame about the EA thing, though.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 07:50 HoSpanky

Yeah, a $50 season pass (and very little chance of a steam-level sale on it) is rough. The rally expansion is supposedly going to be $20, which is super crazy unless it's a massive addon...and even then that's a bit hard to swallow.  

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 07:23 SpectralMeat

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 00:33:
It's less praise and more "just the truth" than you think. When Activision killed Bizarre, a large number of them ended up at Playground Games. Play the demo, you'll see.
I think some of the Dirt series devs worked on this as well.
It is a pretty awesome game regardless but yeah I also feel the same way about DLC cars. The rally expansion sounds pretty good though.
Did you guys see the price of the season pass for this game? 4000 points !!

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 07:21 strong placebo

F Horizon is definitely on the must buy list. It's easy for me to pass on car DLC packs since they aren't essential to the fun. The smooth graphical look is smart looking.

The latest NFS looks tired though. Lots and lots of crashing that works against the racing dynamic. I'd rather just play Burnout 2 again. Criterion is very talented but they seem to have lost their footing.

PGR 4 was great. Loved those hilly Quebec tracks.

"More turn-based please"

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 00:33 HoSpanky

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 3, 2012, 23:46 nin

No matter how awesome a racing game is, I refuse to buy extra cars.

I think that's been part of my hesitation in buying it.

Where NFS: Most Wanted is a thinly veiled Burnout Paradise 2, Forza Horizon is pretty much Project Gotham: Out in The Desert.

Considering how good PGR was (RIP Bizarre), that's pretty high praise. It's a shame we didn't get a true Burnout Paradise 2, as I would have preordered in a moment.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 3, 2012, 23:42 HoSpanky

No matter how awesome a racing game is, I refuse to buy extra cars. Give me a physical land expansion (there's a rally addon coming, apparently), and you've got my attention.

Btw, just to state it again: Forza Horizon is incredible. Where NFS: Most Wanted is a thinly veiled Burnout Paradise 2, Forza Horizon is pretty much Project Gotham: Out in The Desert.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo