Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced

The ManiaPlanet Website reveals plans to launch TrackMania2 Stadium, a new environment for NADEO's racing sequel familiar to players of TrackMania Nations Forever. This is coming early next year, and will utilize ManiaPlanet features as well as their improved game engine. This site offers details, media, and beta signups. ManiaPlanet News also announces TrackMania˛ Valley, a further continuation of the racing sequel that began with TrackMania˛ Canyon, saying this is also due for Windows early next year (thanks Frans). A TrackMania 2 Valley sub-site is online, and they offer some screenshots, a launch trailer, and the following fairly brief explanation:

Some of you have waited for it for a while, and we’re now happy to announce the coming of TrackMania˛ Valley in ManiaPlanet in 2013!

This time, no canyon on the horizon, but a more bucolic setting where crazy drivers will race through mud roads as well as highways. The coming of a new environment of course means a net set of blocks for the editor, but also a brand new gameplay for the driving experience.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 3, 2012, 15:12 Flatline

Closed Betas wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 20:38:
I bought it in beta to get beta access before I realized UBISOFT bought out the company... Was seriously disappointing, and I don't think UBISOFT understood the social aspect of the game and how it actually worked/works... so that aspect is missing. The fact UBISOFT goes around promoting this title never mentioning their name should be enough suspicion to avoid purchase :D

I think that was my biggest complaint with TM2 that kept me from getting into it deeper. The medal system to unlock the canned tracks were kind of annoying, but moreso I shouldn't have to drop out of the program and hit up Google to find more tracks. And I *really* shouldn't have to fire up the file explorer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 3, 2012, 04:52 Domgrief

TM2 Canyon is a nice game. The graphics are nice, the vehicles handle well, there's lots of custom content, and the gameplay is as smooth as butter.

On the other hand, the game's interface is still a buttery mess. The in-game browser and currency really haven't improved.

Trying to update the game, download a skin or the latest monthly freebies (slow!), or even launch the game (there's an intermediate ManiaPlanet application you use to launch each game) is so awkward that it makes me wonder why I have the game installed at all, though, in kind of the same way as when Java, iTunes or Acrobat Reader decide to nag you about yet another freaking update.

That said, I'll probably still spring for Stadium, mostly because I feel like I still owe them money for the brilliance that was TMNF.

6. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 3, 2012, 02:42 spindoctor

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 21:14:
If they offer a deal for both of em, I may pull the trigger. the new Need for Speed is apparently quite a disappointment, and there really hasn't been a really gonzo racing game in quite a while.

Slightly off topic, but have you tried Driver San Francisco? That is one seriously underrated and overlooked arcade racing game.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

5. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 2, 2012, 23:05 wrlwnd

One of the strangest, least fun "racing games" I've ever played.

I much prefer the Dirt series (2 and 3).

4. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 2, 2012, 21:14 HoSpanky

If they offer a deal for both of em, I may pull the trigger. the new Need for Speed is apparently quite a disappointment, and there really hasn't been a really gonzo racing game in quite a while.

Altho I did pick up Forza Horizon, which I didn't even know was coming out until about a week before launch. Basically, it's filled the gap that PGR left behind, and it looks fan-fucking-tastic doing it.

3. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 2, 2012, 20:38 Closed Betas

I bought it in beta to get beta access before I realized UBISOFT bought out the company... Was seriously disappointing, and I don't think UBISOFT understood the social aspect of the game and how it actually worked/works... so that aspect is missing. The fact UBISOFT goes around promoting this title never mentioning their name should be enough suspicion to avoid purchase

the graphics seem to take into a weird strange pixelated canyon style (boring blend look) and actual track design seemed to be nowhere near reminiscent of the original skill based design stuff, seems everything was wide and fast and speed testing had to do with corning 90 degree bends and not much else. I say pass on it.

2. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 2, 2012, 20:38 Cutter

Great camera work but the music, as always, is horrible for these ads. Anyway, looks fun.

No, I didn't grab Canyon yet as I've been waiting for a good sale on it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 2, 2012, 20:34 xXBatmanXx

Was a blast playing TM with everyone here, I am hesitant to get the 2nd one - anyone playing?  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo