Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased

GuildWars2.com has a tease for "The Lost Shores," an update coming to Guild Wars 2 later this month. There are just a few screenshots, and the following dramatic tease: "Something stirs in the Sea of Sorrows… Unravel a mystery of monstrous proportions in The Lost Shores, a massive one-time world event that will change Tyria forever!" Thanks sauron.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 11:13 Axis

I have like 30 gold and over 10k of gems (all bought from gold early on when I was getting almost 400 gems for 1 gold.

As I mentioned, I played a TON in GW1 character unlocking and testing builds for pvp - very fun, very engaging. In GW2, I'm waiting for the game to become something other than stale and boring. The ride was fun, but it was just a bus ride - nothing more to see.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 11:12 Creston

I liked the Halloween event, though I didn't partake in much of it. Tried the whole "Thorn's minions vs villagers" thing once, and I spent ten minutes just running around a (seemingly) empty maze, and got terribly bored of it. I'm sure the guys who got to hunt the villagers had more fun, but in general people don't really like playing a fucking rabbit. (or at least I don't.)

And I suck at the jumping puzzles, so I skipped the clocktower thing after seeing a video. That would have given me an aneurysm for sure.

But the mad king mini-dungeon was cool, and the scavenger hunt was pretty fun too. All in all, for something they released absolutely for free, it was awesome.

2 characters at 80 now! Woot!

Creston

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 10:54 Muscular Beaver

Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 10:38:
True but that's sort of the point. You can't even see what other items look like to change it too, unless you buy them sight unseen too. For example my Elementalist had a sort of school girl starter outfit, which I've basically kept the look all the way to 78 (in theory up 80). Unless I found a better looking drop or have gotten lucky when blindly buying upgrade gear.

She has been sitting at level 78 (90% to 79) for a month. Because I know my level 80 gear is going to be expensive and I don't have a clue how they will look. At a minimum I will be spending 15 gold, now maybe you guys have that to throw around but this is my first (main I guess) toon.

Obviously this doesn't even get into buying a good Dyes, which are 2g to 6g each. Why shouldn't we be able to see what we are buying before spending 15g, probably more. Why is that too much to ask in GW2.

Dyes have a color preview.
I dont really know what the problem is. If youre close to level 80, you have seen most armor looks anyway. Theres not much choice. If you liked your old armor so much, why didnt you keep it? You can even use transformed items to transfer their looks to the next one. Paying a few silver really isnt an issue at level 78. Honestly, I dont like the looks of most high level items, so I need to transform them in any case.
But generally, I agree that tehre should be a preview, I just dont understand how this keeps you from playing.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 10:40 wusel

spoilers: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/02/gw2-the-lost-shores-pre-events-and-teaser/  

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 10:38 Acleacius

True but that's sort of the point. You can't even see what other items look like to change it too, unless you buy them sight unseen too. For example my Elementalist had a sort of school girl starter outfit, which I've basically kept the look all the way to 78 (in theory up 80). Unless I found a better looking drop or have gotten lucky when blindly buying upgrade gear.

She has been sitting at level 78 (90% to 79) for a month. Because I know my level 80 gear is going to be expensive and I don't have a clue how they will look. At a minimum I will be spending 15 gold, now maybe you guys have that to throw around but this is my first (main I guess) toon.

Obviously this doesn't even get into buying a good Dyes, which are 2g to 6g each. Why shouldn't we be able to see what we are buying before spending 15g, probably more. Why is that too much to ask in GW2.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 3, 2012, 10:12 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 21:36:
I'm sure it'll be great fun and if it includes even half as much content as the Halloween event did

They've mentioned in their forums this update will be much larger then Halloween.

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 09:00 Muscular Beaver

Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 00:47:
I really had fun playing the game and was looking forward to getting several toons to eighty. Now I've gotten so frustrated in the fact we still can't preview in the TP, haven't played in a month. Cry

Ninety percent of the money we spend is in the TP. It's so stupid we can't see an armor piece or weapon or dye, without buying it first. Obviously it gets worst the higher the level, where each item costs at least one gold and at most several hundred. If it's not what we wanted, then we are forced to turn around and sell it. Hoping someone else is stupid enough (just as we were) to buy it without seeing it.

Well, I kind of agree, but then I dont. You can transform those item's looks into any other item's look. So if you dont like the looks, just buy another one for a few copper or silver and take the looks from it.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 06:35 jacobvandy

Welp, now I kind of wish I hadn't burnt myself out on this game in the month following launch... The Halloween stuff sounds like it was pretty awesome.  

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 00:47 Acleacius

I really had fun playing the game and was looking forward to getting several toons to eighty. Now I've gotten so frustrated in the fact we still can't preview in the TP, haven't played in a month. Cry

Ninety percent of the money we spend is in the TP. It's so stupid we can't see an armor piece or weapon or dye, without buying it first. Obviously it gets worst the higher the level, where each item costs at least one gold and at most several hundred. If it's not what we wanted, then we are forced to turn around and sell it. Hoping someone else is stupid enough (just as we were) to buy it without seeing it.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 2, 2012, 22:27 Agent.X7

Fion wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 21:36:
Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 20:40:
How can you not have it yet, Bats? No wonder the cool kids don't pick you for their team.

I hope the Xmas event is better than the Halloween one. Wasn't at all impressed with it.

To each their own Cutter but if you weren't impressed by the Halloween event I'm going to assume you only participated in Act 1. Because in whole, it surpassed every other MMOGs holiday event. I mean WoW has been known for having great holiday events but they usually consist of a few new quests that take you an hour, an achievement and if your lucky, a new boss to farm. Boring and tiny by comparison.

I had an extreme amount of fun doing the clock tower, the soft PvP and the Mad King's dungeon. I gained 10+ levels, got a whole bunch of fun stuff, a bunch of exotics waiting to be equipped, and two of the unique skins. I can only hope future events are even close to as good.

On topic, really looking forward to the Lost Shore later this month. The clues in Lion's Arch have been titillating, I'm sure it'll be great fun and if it includes even half as much content as the Halloween event did, it'll mean GW2 has had more 'free' content updates than WoW has in more than a year. Hell of a bargain if you ask me.

I liked WoW's holiday stuff, but it got to the point where it's the same stuff every year. If you've done it once, there was no reason to do it again 6 years in a row.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 2, 2012, 21:36 Fion

How can you not have it yet, Bats? No wonder the cool kids don't pick you for their team.

I hope the Xmas event is better than the Halloween one. Wasn't at all impressed with it.

To each their own Cutter but if you weren't impressed by the Halloween event I'm going to assume you only participated in Act 1. Because in whole, it surpassed every other MMOGs holiday event. I mean WoW has been known for having great holiday events but they usually consist of a few new quests that take you an hour, an achievement and if your lucky, a new boss to farm. Boring and tiny by comparison.

I had an extreme amount of fun doing the clock tower, the soft PvP and the Mad King's dungeon. I gained 10+ levels, got a whole bunch of fun stuff, a bunch of exotics waiting to be equipped, and two of the unique skins. I can only hope future events are even close to as good.

On topic, really looking forward to the Lost Shore later this month. The clues in Lion's Arch have been titillating, I'm sure it'll be great fun and if it includes even half as much content as the Halloween event did, it'll mean GW2 has had more 'free' content updates than WoW has in more than a year. Hell of a bargain if you ask me.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2012, 21:43.

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 2, 2012, 20:53 xXBatmanXx

Honestly - I just can't keep up anymore. I am going to have to start skipping AAA games. Life has become so ridiculously busy.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 2, 2012, 20:52 NegaDeath

The tower jumping puzzle in the halloween event was evil, the good kind of evil.

I enjoyed the event quite a bit, I think I jumped 10 levels in the labyrinth alone. Picked up some good equip and stowed away a bunch of the halloween only crafting mats for selling later on when the stock goes down and prices go up. Didn't get any of the rare weapons or armor aside from the slippers though.

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 2, 2012, 20:41 Agent.X7

The Halloween events were pretty fun. A couple of mini-dungeons, some PvP games, scavenger hunts with cool back items for completing them, and cool holiday themed items.

This new thing seems to be a pirate themed land that is being released. (They teased with puzzles in Twitter and FB)

Translated note follows:

Avast! Ahoy all ye landlubbers!
The hardworking members of the consortium are proud to announce the upcoming unveiling of your dream vacation! coming soon we will open the gate – the asura gate – connecting Lion’s Arch to a veritable tropical paradise of magnificent proportions!
swim in the radiant waters*!
relax on the beach*!
dance the night away*!
Prepare to hoist your jolly roger and to embark on a most majestic adventure with your favorite band of salty dogs!
Arr You Ready?
*Towels not included. The consortium cannot be held responsible for aquatic-related and rythmic-related injuries(or other injuries related to misadventure or otherwise general buffonery). Our medical staff will be on-call to happily ignore your needs should they inevitable arise.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 2, 2012, 20:40 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 2, 2012, 20:26 xXBatmanXx

ARGH! I am going to be forced to get GW2 ahead of my "schedule" of games....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo