Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched

The Bethesda Blog announces that the version 1.8 patch for the Windows edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is now out of beta, and is live on Steam. Here are the patch notes:

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
  • Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
  • Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
  • Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 5, 2012, 12:46 descender

Maybe you should turn the difficulty up from Novice?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 4, 2012, 07:07 Jeraxle

Flatline wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 01:59:
Jeraxle wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 02:05:
Jeraxle wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 23:48:
Is is the patch that actually makes my archer character playable? You know, the one that will allow my arrows to travel further than 5 feet and not immediately drain my stamina?

I've finally figured it out. You have to remove the steady hand perk with "Player.Removeperk 00103ada" and "Player.Removeperk 00103adb". You still get the benefits of Steady Hand but at least it doesn't screw up anything.

Oh so you can't play the game properly and have to spend 20 minutes lining up your shot. Gotcha.

It's a known bug. I posted my reply with the fix in case someone else had the same problem I did. I don't appreciate your tone and insults.

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

31. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 4, 2012, 01:59 Flatline

Jeraxle wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 02:05:
Is is the patch that actually makes my archer character playable? You know, the one that will allow my arrows to travel further than 5 feet and not immediately drain my stamina?

I've finally figured it out. You have to remove the steady hand perk with "Player.Removeperk 00103ada" and "Player.Removeperk 00103adb". You still get the benefits of Steady Hand but at least it doesn't screw up anything.

Oh so you can't play the game properly and have to spend 20 minutes lining up your shot. Gotcha.

30. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 4, 2012, 01:57 Flatline

WTF game are you playing? My main toon is an archer/sneak who routinely 1-shots all but the most bullshit baddies from sometimes absurd distances. Never had a problem, especially with stamina unless I was stuck in slow-mo/zoom mode for too long, which is my own damn fault.

29. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 21:10 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 16:45:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 05:21:
It was big mistake to not allow a neutral path between the Stormcloaks and Imperials to reconcile. It's not hard to figure out who the real enemy is, why treat the NPCs and players as stupid, not offer it. Locking us out of doing quests without committing to a side, bad design, wtf.

Bethesda where bad writing is prevalent.

That is what multiple playthroughs is for.
True! It's just the writing is so bad, it causes dizziness.

If it wasn't for all the great mods and editor, doubt I would spend half of the time playing in ES series. Just speaking of the Stormcloaks (Imperials are as bad). Why would I want to kill people who, just want control of their own destiny. On the other hand why would I help a bunch of racists kill a very much needed ally.

Now if there was a neutral path, wouldn't mind repeating it every playthrough. Especially if it didn't treat us like complete idiots. A lot of peeps like playing good or bad or both. I really only like good and neutral. I hate being forced to take a side, when I wouldn't take it in real life or it makes no sense.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

28. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 18:14 BobBob

Would like an option to disable all dialogue in the game.  

27. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 16:45 xXBatmanXx

Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 05:21:
It was big mistake to not allow a neutral path between the Stormcloaks and Imperials to reconcile. It's not hard to figure out who the real enemy is, why treat the NPCs and players as stupid, not offer it. Locking us out of doing quests without committing to a side, bad design, wtf.

That is what multiple playthroughs is for.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 16:12 Silicon Avatar

I'm still playing but I use a lot of mods.

I wish Bethesda would come out with a patch that fixes the nasty blocky shadows. Everything else is pretty but shadows look like they came out of 1999.

As far as stability goes I have not seen a crash in forever. It is very stable for me.

25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 12:54 wasp

I use Requiem & Death Has Consequences. I have consequences set up to lose half my gold each time i die. Also have kapurtee's Gold Adjustment for more hardcore nonsense.  

24. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 11:13 Creston

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 06:37:
No mods, love the game, never had a problem with glitches but then I have been overseas without the ability to play it for most of the year.

I mostly played a one-handed sword with spells character, but I also had an archer. The problem with stealth is you get so overpowered by level 20 that the game becomes insanely boring.

Monster Mod fixes that nicely, I found. Also, I'd really recommend a leveling slower.

Creston

23. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 06:59 fawker

RCRN (Realistic Color Realistic Nights) With the Legacy presets really did wonders for the game for me, graphically speaking. I use the legacy preset. I had to use a torch in the dungeons, but I didn't mind.

There might be something new out that is similar, but you can't go wrong with that one.

22. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 06:37 StingingVelvet

No mods, love the game, never had a problem with glitches but then I have been overseas without the ability to play it for most of the year.

I mostly played a one-handed sword with spells character, but I also had an archer. The problem with stealth is you get so overpowered by level 20 that the game becomes insanely boring.

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 06:01 Fibrocyte

This game just... lacked something. I built up a super powerful character and eventually nothing was challenging. I was on the brink of beating it and then lost all interest.

Borderlands 2, on the other hand, gets GOTY from me. I'm on the brink of beating it and still want to run through it again and reach max level.

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 05:21 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 02:05 Jeraxle

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 01:37 Jerykk

MisterBenn wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 00:44:
I'll take a look at Skyrim Perk Enhancements, I hadn't seen that and it looks well developed from the nexus page. Wasn't using Dance of Death either.

Using ACE at the moment for one of my characters, she is stealth + archery + alchemy, about level 15 currently. Archery with her's been fun because she's reliant on stealth attack bonuses, critical hits and poisons to survive fights. If you get the jump on the prey by spotting and stalking it then you can one shot or incapacitate most things, but when a few boars or a big cat leap out at you and you are fucked unless you leg it successfully. After being munched a few times you get used to using cover and scanning your surroundings and it has had a good hunt feeling to it so far.

This. Archery is a lot of fun because it forces you to play stealthy (unless you're playing vanilla Skyrim and have already built an overpowered character that's good at everything).

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 01:10 descender

Maybe that's because you probably couldn't just "be an archer" in a real world setting... eventually people will find you and you need to defend yourself in other ways.  

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 00:44 MisterBenn

I'll take a look at Skyrim Perk Enhancements, I hadn't seen that and it looks well developed from the nexus page. Wasn't using Dance of Death either.

Using ACE at the moment for one of my characters, she is stealth + archery + alchemy, about level 15 currently. Archery with her's been fun because she's reliant on stealth attack bonuses, critical hits and poisons to survive fights. If you get the jump on the prey by spotting and stalking it then you can one shot or incapacitate most things, but when a few boars or a big cat leap out at you and you are fucked unless you leg it successfully. After being munched a few times you get used to using cover and scanning your surroundings and it has had a good hunt feeling to it so far.

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 00:28 Scud

I just started playing again but then the patch goes through and now I have to wait for SKSE and ScriptDragon to update, DOH!  

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 00:20 PHJF

Dunno what you talkin about, I ran an archer with Dawnguard (crossbows do insane damage). Dawnguard also adds a few incredibly powerful standard bows.

Arching is insanely boring, though, in true elder scrolls fashion. Mages can throw fire and ice and summon shit, melee characters can block and power attack and whatnot, and archers can... zoom in. Wow.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo