Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter

This Kickstarter looks to pound out some more pounds from the newly launched U.K. arm of this crowd-funding site for a project called Sir, You Are Being Hunted from Big Robot, the developer founded by Jim Rossignol, who also serves as a gaming journalist on Rock, Paper, Shotgun. The game follows the them of human hunting, a concept that's been explored in literature and a mixed bag of movies. Here's word on what they would do with the 40,000 they seek:

Sir, You Are Being Hunted gathers up elements of our favourite things: exploration, non-linearity, AI interaction, survival, robots, sinister butlers, and hot drinks, and blends them into a rich pixelly pulp.

Combat is a big part of the game, but choose your battles wisely. This is primarily a challenge of brainy stealth: so flee across the countryside, hide in dense woodland, and sneak into villages to loot the haunted buildings for biscuits and shotgun shells. The approach you take in escaping the island is up to you.

And do be careful: you are being hunted.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 3, 2012, 01:31 Jerykk

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 13:26:
They need to change the word Kickstarter to the word computer scam because that is exactly what it is becoming. Most of these games will never get made.

If you are dead set on throwing money away, a better idea is sending it to someone who needs it like a local charity.

And your opinion is based on... what, exactly?

Some Kickstarted games that have already been released:

- FTL
- Chivalry
- Ravaged
- Giana Sisters

That was just off the top of my head but there are probably others.

Anyway, I find this game pretty intriguing. Ultimately, its success will come down to how good the AI is so I'm hoping they put most of the Kickstarter money into that.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2012, 02:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 18:57 Alamar

They need to change the word Kickstarter to the word computer scam because that is exactly what it is becoming. Most of these games will never get made.

If you are dead set on throwing money away, a better idea is sending it to someone who needs it like a local charity.

So trade one group of people that mis-manages money for another... Great plan : )

-Alamar

20. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 16:32 Cutter

As the British are fond of saying...sound as a pound, baby.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

19. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 16:04 NegaDeath

Kickstarter brought me FTL, that was all the convincing I needed that Kickstarter was a good thing.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2012, 16:35.

18. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 15:35 jacobvandy

Well, for starters, the reason they had to do this spin-off (and why all the big KS projects have also accepted PayPal) is because Amazon Payments only operates in the US. Kickstarter uses Amazon because they are the only payment processor that meets their [previous] requirements for going through with all the charges straight to the project creator at the end of the drive, or simply canceling them if the goal is not met. That came with the requirement that anybody who wanted to do a Kickstarter campaign had a US bank account. Apparently they have made compromises due to popular demand with this UK expansion of the site.

http://www.kickstarter.com/blog/amazon-payments-and-us-only

17. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 15:32 StingingVelvet

The random dreck? Probably. The big stuff from well know industry professionals? Nah. I would guess 90%+ of these come out. Maybe late, but they come out.

16. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 15:31 nin

John wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 15:25:
nin wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 11:27:
This one looks fun! Strange they (KS) are taking payments for it directly, however. Hope it doesn't lock my card.

Yeah, why don't they accept Amazon payments as usual? The payment being in British Pounds shouldn't change that..

I order from amazon.co.uk, and they offer to convert from GBP to USD. So yeah...when you pledge, it say "about X dollars", but I don't know if I'm ultimately charged in GBP and my bank does conversion or if KS does it for me and charged the USD amount.

The only reason that would matter is cards sometimes get flagged if you make purchases from outside your regular area. A USD charge and my bank won't mind. A GBP charge and I might suddenly find the card locked.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 15:25 John

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 11:27:
This one looks fun! Strange they (KS) are taking payments for it directly, however. Hope it doesn't lock my card.

Yeah, why don't they accept Amazon payments as usual? The payment being in British Pounds shouldn't change that..

This space is available for rent

14. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 15:22 El Pit

Sir, You Are Being Humiliated
Sir, You Are Being Humped
Sir, You Are Being Hungry
Sir, You Are Being Hungarian

Plenty of good titles for the sequels.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

13. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 15:08 Cutter

Everyone should back this.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

12. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 13:52 John

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 13:40:

So for future reference, how many is most?

And where do you get your information from? Do you mean most of the ones that do get funded won't get made or all the games on KS?

This space is available for rent

11. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 13:40 nin

So for future reference, how many is most?

10. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 13:26 Ozmodan

9. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 12:54 gilly775

Techie714 wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 11:39:
Ok, this game has one of the best names of a game ever..lol.
The game itself looks pretty cool & quite interesting. The graphics kind of remind me of TF2. I wish the pledges were not in pounds!

I think I'll back it!

It tells you approximately what it's converted to in dollars when you put in your card info to pledge.

8. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 12:33 Mordecai Walfish

Don't even joke about hunting no man.

http://www.justin.tv/paddysbar/b/258636341

7. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 12:00 Rhino

I thought that this game sounded familiar, having been announced back in March:

http://www.big-robot.com/2012/03/12/sir-you-are-being-hunted/

By the phrasing of some of the paragraphs on the Kickstarter page, it looks (to me) like they wound up taking more time and money than they had anticipated... which concerns me.

6. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 11:59 Bill Borre

I'm surprised they just didn't call it "The Most Dangerous Game." I'm pretty sure that's in the public domain by now.  

5. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 11:48 InBlack

I guess it is at that. Im skeptical to all new things I guess, including everybody and their grandma jumping on the kickstarter bandwagon.

Also the screenshots look rather uninspiring.

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 11:42 nin

InBlack wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 11:35:
Why not just call it "Sir You Have Been Relieved of Some of Your Money" and be done with it?

Dude, your inner deqer is showing...

3. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 11:39 Techie714

Ok, this game has one of the best names of a game ever..lol.
The game itself looks pretty cool & quite interesting. The graphics kind of remind me of TF2. I wish the pledges were not in pounds!

I think I'll back it!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo