Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Chaos on Deponia

Daedalic Entertainment announces Chaos on Deponia is gold, and second part of their adventure trilogy will be released next week on Steam for Windows and OS X:

Daedalic Entertainment has successfully completed the work on the Steam version of the second game in their "Deponia" trilogy. It will be available with a full English localization and Russian text localization on November 6th on Steam for both PC and Mac.

Rufus, the main character in the "Deponia" trilogy, has grown wiser since his adventures in the first game. He wouldn't even dare to dream wreaking havoc for selfish reasons. reasons. But he accidentally splits Goal's mind, thereby losing his only chance to leave the junkyard planet on which he is stranded. The mind must be restored and, incidentally, must also save Deponia from the coming chaos.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 17:00 Rigs

Grendle wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 07:24:
Whatever happened to the gone gold website? Did the author pass away from cancer? I know that he did have it. I used to go there all of the time. <sigh>

I'm not exactly sure, really. It disappeared during a time when I was going through a lot of personal and family issues including a divorce and when I was able to sit, relax and check in on what I'd missed, it was gone...literally. I seem to remember before that that it was branching out and including some other writers and maybe different blogs and such, but the memory is pretty hazy. I never thought to check Wikipedia to see if there was something there...

...and I found nothing there but snooping around the last few hours gave me this:

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=41563

Keep in mind the bulk of the drama was actually over *ConsoleGold*, which was another site Rich owned the domain for and was sort of a spin-off of GoneGold.

There was a bit of drama over GoneGold's demise, but the bulk of the bitterness towards Rich regarding GoneGold was because the site went down with no warning, leaving the community, and the forum staff, without a clue as to why, and trying to figure out what to do as a result. It's like someone shutdown your favorite hangout, which you helped build, without so much as a "Later guys!" note on the door.

A lot of people were also genuinely concerned about what happened to Rich, having talked to him via email (and in some cases in real life). He'd shared his history and health issues with a lot of people, and a lot of those folks considered him a friend.

And of course there were the people who had donated to the site fairly close to the time the server went dark in a hope to get the problems with the server (which crashed *all* the time) fixed. I believe those folks got their money back, but I could be wrong.

And..

So what does the Octopus Overlords site have to do with this? I spent a lot of time on GG, and do remember it just closing down with no warning, and eventually found OO (and this site). Was OO just another spinoff from GG??

OO was founded by the forum staff from GoneGold. A lot of the forum members from GoneGold ended up there, or GamingTrend, or both.

[edit]

Just to be complete, the forum staff from GG actually setup a forum on brutesquad.net for a very short time before going with the OO moniker (which was at least partially voted on by the forum).

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Gone Gold - Chaos on Deponia Nov 2, 2012, 10:51 John

Linksil wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 01:27:
I really liked the first game, and I don't tend to like point and clicks.
I might have to pick this one up next time Steam has it on sale then. It was on sale for 50% off not long ago but I just got some other games and didn't want to spend more $$ at the time. I typically do like those types of adventure games so I was thinking about getting it anyways. I didn't know it would be part of a trilogy though.

Also looking forward to Double Fine's Adventure! Tim has made some great ones in the past.

This space is available for rent

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 07:24 Grendle

Whatever happened to the gone gold website? Did the author pass away from cancer? I know that he did have it. I used to go there all of the time. <sigh>  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 03:22 Unknown Soldier

You and me both, brother.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 03:06 Rigs

'Gone Gold'...

Sigh

For a second there I was thinking of something totally different...back to a different time...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

2. Re: Gone Gold - Chaos on Deponia Nov 2, 2012, 01:42 Sepharo

Linksil wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 01:27:

Really? I thought it was good because it harkened back to old LucasArts adventure style. So I think if you liked that maybe you do like good point and clicks. Try out Sam and Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, or Full Throttle.

1. Re: Gone Gold - Chaos on Deponia Nov 2, 2012, 01:27 Linksil

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo