Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th

Valve announces they will unveil the next set of games to pass muster for a Steam Greenlight on November 30th:

Valve today revealed November 30th as the target date for announcing the next set of titles to launch via Steam Greenlight.

Given current voting, at least 10 more game titles are expected to be offered worldwide distribution agreements via Steam.

In addition, Valve hopes to announce Greenlight's first graduating class of Software titles, with at least five Software titles targeted for inclusion in the group to be announced Nov 30th.

Steam Greenlight is a new platform feature that enlists the community's help in selecting some of the next games to be released on Steam. Launched on August 30, Greenlight allows developers and publishers to post information and media about their game in an effort to convince Community members that their game should be released on Steam.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th Nov 4, 2012, 13:31 Mordecai Walfish
 
spindoctor wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 21:26:
I wish Valve would greenlight only those games which are complete or on the verge of completion. This would ensure that games would release in a reasonable amount of time after being greenlit. What is the point of a title getting through greenlight and then still not releasing for weeks or months after that? So far they've greenlit 29 games and out of those, only 2 have actually released in the 2 months that this process has been on. That ratio is just off.

There is no time constraint like you imagine on projects that are greenlit. When they're ready they'll be available on steam, it takes alot of work to fulfill that process, doubly so for a small team or individual.
 
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 
3. Re: Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th Nov 1, 2012, 10:54 walrus1
 
I hear you! There some games that have been green light that are still trying to meet their kick starter goal. Meaning some of these games might never get released. I also don't get the delay some of the games are good to go Black Mesa and Postal 2 for example and aren't released yet.  
Avatar 57600
 
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 
2. Re: Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th Oct 31, 2012, 21:26 spindoctor
 
I wish Valve would greenlight only those games which are complete or on the verge of completion. This would ensure that games would release in a reasonable amount of time after being greenlit. What is the point of a title getting through greenlight and then still not releasing for weeks or months after that? So far they've greenlit 29 games and out of those, only 2 have actually released in the 2 months that this process has been on. That ratio is just off.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 
1. Re: Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th Oct 31, 2012, 20:31 Prez
 
While I think Greenlight is a fabulous idea, for me it serves to illustrate thar indies can be just as deriviative, unoriginal, and soulless as any game by a monolithic publisher. I find myself clicking "No Thanks/Not Interested" on 95% of what is on offer. The remaining 5% are what makes Greenlight so exciting though.  
Avatar 17185
 
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >


footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo