Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch

The Patches Scrolls now offers a new unofficial patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, bringing this homebrew version of the game to version 8.4. As noted in the patch note, this includes a recreation of the library, among other things.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 8, 2012, 19:29 Evil Timmy

Since it's been a while...

VTM:B gets another patch, nearing a decade after release. Still no cure for cancer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 3, 2012, 18:07 Acleacius

FYI, there's a Hotfix for the Library level version 8.4.

It's talked about in the main thread, if your interested.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 2, 2012, 04:02 Acleacius

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 04:47:
I played Malkavian my first time through this game without any experience with this specific set of RPG rules... It was AWESOME. I remember having full-on conversations with inanimate objects, like a stop sign.
It's not the rules, for the Malkavian as I mentioned. It's the understanding the choices since it uses favor/factional scores. I would be completely surprised (I'm using the most pleasant word) if ANY one could play the Malkavian with no experience to get Jeanette and Threse to Reconcile. Actually I might use the word impossible.

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 06:44:
I am impressed they are still at it... but that's all

No amount of new content is gonna make me replay... that's assuming it even runs on Windows 7 with latest drivers (for me, it didn't)
I'm surprised there are hundreds if not thousands of players since the Steam release, who've been a big help trouble shooting problems. Not only does it run well in Win7 (I'm using 64bit) the Highrez patch kicks ass. Guess it could be a video card or mulitprocessor issue. Hard to know without more info but the offical forums are what I call busy. Especially compared to the first five years we worked on it, not to mention Steam forums.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

9. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 1, 2012, 06:44 eRe4s3r

I am impressed they are still at it... but that's all

No amount of new content is gonna make me replay... that's assuming it even runs on Windows 7 with latest drivers (for me, it didn't)

8. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 1, 2012, 04:47 jacobvandy

I played Malkavian my first time through this game without any experience with this specific set of RPG rules... It was AWESOME. I remember having full-on conversations with inanimate objects, like a stop sign.  

7. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 1, 2012, 02:01 Acleacius

One of the best RPGs ever and in most top ten lists. Troika made an amazing distinct cast of NPCs, voice talent, dialog, music and animation. There is essentially a tutorial and six acts, including four city hubs, a Confrontation and a Resolution. Each of the six acts is about 16% of the game and tutorial is about 4%.

There is an overly long sewer run and gun at the end of the third hub MQ (5%). Think of it as three levels, which you can exit and restock after each level. During the final Resolution two factions must be taken out (10%), since they don't play nice with each other. All in all the forced combat only accounts for about 15% of the game. Includes six possible endings, iirc.

Iirc, in the first city/hub there is only one SQ with a fight related to Kuei-jin you can't talk or sneak past. You don't have to do any quest except the MQ to progress to the next city/hub. You can wait to do any SQ after you build up some skills. In the second hub no fights in the MQ, a couple unavoidable in SQ.

Obviously you need the put points in the appropriate skills whether it be Persuade, Intimidate, Seduce, Sneak or Obfuscate. If you don't know about WoD vampires, don't pick Nosferatu (can't been seen in public for the most part) or Malkavian (won't understand the dialog choices). Though these two are the only ones with Obfuscate. Sneak skill is very powerful but can be seen through as can Obfuscate with high level enemy Auspex (sight).

6. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 23:49 TychoCelchuuu

The beginning/middle of the game has a ton of non-combat. Near the end of the game it breaks down and forces a lot of combat on you (and there's also a sewer section that sort of forces combat or at least stealth) but up until that point it's a lot like New Vegas/Deus Ex.  

5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 23:43 Muscular Beaver

Kobalt wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 19:59:
It's still hilariously buggy at times. Decided to replay it a few months ago and got stuck in the elevator in the tutorial and had to restart.

Yeah, they only patch scripts it seems.
I never got around to play it, because of the many technical bugs like completely distorted sound or graphics.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

4. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 22:19 Quboid

Is this purely combat, or is it a full RPG? I've been replaying Fallout New Vegas and enjoying it more than ever but it's very much the non-combat options that I'm really enjoying.  

- Quboid

3. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 20:38 Acleacius

Thanks for all the hard work, amazing the Library is finally here! Party2  

2. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 19:59 Kobalt

It's still hilariously buggy at times. Decided to replay it a few months ago and got stuck in the elevator in the tutorial and had to restart.  

1. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 19:55 jacobvandy

Judging by the version number, VTM:B must now be the most polished game in existence!  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo