Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Outlast Trailer

Red Barrels offers a new trailer from Outlast, their recently revealed upcoming survival/horror first-person shooter. The four-minute trailer is rendered in real time from their internally developed tech demo built around the Unreal Engine 3, and they say the finished game will resemble what's seen in the clip.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Outlast Trailer Nov 1, 2012, 20:53 MajorD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 20:39:

Agreed, as far as serious [REC] influence, as well as a little Amnesia The Dark Descent (with the breathing). Still, I thought it looked ok, but I think they'd be hard pressed to find somebody who WASN'T expecting there to be a zombie/monster to the right at the end of the clip, lol.

The player's hands on the walls/doors/elevator cage etc, as he moves and leans around was a nice touch, instead of a HUD button every time.

Looking forward to more from this game, hopefully not quite as cliched.

X2 - not much more I can say, other than it definitely has potential.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Outlast Trailer Nov 1, 2012, 17:08 Sir Graves

Ha, looks like they're simulating it being controlled by a console controller.

I await actual mouse+keyboard gameplay footage before even thinking about getting interested. But I do dig the creepy vibe and idea so far.

12. Re: Outlast Trailer Nov 1, 2012, 11:09 John

Fantaz wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 01:14:
"Why does the monster close the door?"
Because it is embarrassed about how it looks and doesn't want to be seen. Duh..

Edit: But after watching the video I see he closed it so that the player would think he left the room. I wonder if the player character will automatically interact with walls and doors when you get close to them in the game or if that was just added for the video.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2012, 13:29.

This space is available for rent

11. Re: Outlast Trailer Nov 1, 2012, 01:14 Fantaz

I love the Youtube comments...

"Did... Did he just turn his head 180 degrees while full tilt sprinting with absolutely no loss of speed or control?"
64 likes

"Why does the monster close the door?"

10. Re: Outlast Trailer Nov 1, 2012, 00:41 Jackplug

Jerykk wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 23:23:
Would have preferred actual gameplay instead of a completely scripted cutscene.

Me too, but were treated to a view of how the movement of our character(Mirrors Edge) which looks very good. Its gonna be very interesting to see what happens with this game.

9. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 23:23 Jerykk

Would have preferred actual gameplay instead of a completely scripted cutscene.  

8. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

J wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 21:32:
I was reminded of the first mission in Hitman: Contracts mixed with Mirror's Edge. Am I right?

... My god... you're right! This game is entirely derivative! I demand that we all boycott it immediately!

7. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 21:32 J

I was reminded of the first mission in Hitman: Contracts mixed with Mirror's Edge. Am I right?  

6. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 20:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

ASeven wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 19:25:
I have to say, if the game ends up looking like this than it's going to be a blast to play. Reminds me of [Rec] 1 and 2, the Spanish version, and that is a good thing.

Agreed, as far as serious [REC] influence, as well as a little Amnesia The Dark Descent (with the breathing). Still, I thought it looked ok, but I think they'd be hard pressed to find somebody who WASN'T expecting there to be a zombie/monster to the right at the end of the clip, lol.

The player's hands on the walls/doors/elevator cage etc, as he moves and leans around was a nice touch, instead of a HUD button every time.

Looking forward to more from this game, hopefully not quite as cliched.

5. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 20:11 jacobvandy

MKULTRA! THIS IS REAL! THIS IS REAL! THIS IS REAL! *slams desk*

Seriously, though, that looked like crap. For their sake, I hope that's just an unimaginative goof directing the trailer, and not the quality of experience you can expect from the actual game.

4. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 19:25 ASeven

I have to say, if the game ends up looking like this than it's going to be a blast to play. Reminds me of [Rec] 1 and 2, the Spanish version, and that is a good thing.  

3. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 19:11 Fantaz

They're going to have red barrels? Every game needs barrels! (and crates)  

2. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 19:06 eRe4s3r

I thought it looked about as cliché as it gets, I actually had to laugh at the end. That entire sequence of scares was 100% predictable  

1. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 19:02 Cutter

Nice! That looks scary as a mufuh too!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo