Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sleeping Dogs DLC

Steam now offers Nightmare in North Point, a new DLC pack for Sleeping Dogs, United Front Games' action/adventure. Here's the theme this follows: "After his girlfriend is kidnapped, Wei must fight through an invasion of hopping vampires, demons, and the ghosts of his past who are threatening to take over the city. Luckily, Wei has new moves and weapons at his disposal to make it through this nightmare."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Nov 1, 2012, 10:49 Creston

Reactor wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 02:33:
I want to finish the game, but it's currently broken with an HKShip.exe crash, after upgrading my comp. It seems hundreds of people have the same issue, but after months there's no fix.

I'm all for DLC when it comes to a good game, but a fix for major issues would be a loooot better.

Well, there goes my interest in the game. Any game that has this kind of bullshit where they refuse to fix it doesn't deserve any money.

(Btw, it's likely a DRM bullshit issue. Download a crack and see if that works.)

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Nov 1, 2012, 09:45 Reactor

From memory I'm pretty sure I fully disabled Avast. Others have tried many, many other solutions, including disabling virus checkers. In truth the HkShip.exe error is a pretty generic error, but there are two crashes (one on start and another after ten mins or so of gameplay) that most of the fuss is about.

I have the ten minute crash.

11. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Nov 1, 2012, 09:09 nin

I want to finish the game, but it's currently broken with an HKShip.exe crash, after upgrading my comp. It seems hundreds of people have the same issue, but after months there's no fix.

I've not had that problem, but have seen numerous people on steam report it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Nov 1, 2012, 03:48 Prez

Reactor wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 02:33:

I'm all for DLC when it comes to a good game, but a fix for major issues would be a loooot better.

It maybe just a coincidence but my AVG flagged and quarantined that very file just yesterday in my Sleeping Dogs Steam folder. I figured it was just a false positive but just to be safe I deleted it and then just had Steam verify the game files which downloaded a new version. Could it be that your antivirus is somehow blocking it causing the crashes? This is just a blind guess but maybe you could try whitelisting the HKShip.exe file in your antivirus and seeing if that helps.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Nov 1, 2012, 02:33 Reactor

8. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 23:26 Tomas

Sleeping Dogs was great. I feel bad for people who didn't give it a try...sure there were/are some issues for some people (I don't have a problem with the FOV, but I understand how it affects some of you - still would love the option to change it...) but it's a fun game. I'm mostly curious how much content this Nightmare in North Point DLC has. The other DLC have been...less than appealing. I'm really excited for actual content though (not skins or extra money etc.)  

7. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 22:52 Pineapple Ferguson

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 17:47:
It's not a first-person shooter... I had no issues at all with the FOV. Pretty piss-poor reason to pass on a great game.

FOV in third person games matters a lot to me. Witcher 2 and SR3 come to mind. I've heard it's a great game which is why I considered buying it, but I'm not going to support lazy devs who can't code an FOV slider for PC users, or at least make it reasonably easy to fix with a mod or ini adjustment.

6. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 22:20 Prez

I thought Sleeping Dogs was a great game (if a bit of a pig when it comes to system specs). I haven't finished it because I can't stop playing Borderlands 2. I'll get to it though - the fighting is fun.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 18:51 nin

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:59:
I was this close to buying it when it was on sale on Steam a week or so ago, but after reading about the terrible consolized FOV and no way to adjust it, I had to pass. Deal breaker for me.

You missed out on a really fun game.

4. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 17:47 jacobvandy

It's not a first-person shooter... I had no issues at all with the FOV. Pretty piss-poor reason to pass on a great game.  

3. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 16:59 Pineapple Ferguson

I was this close to buying it when it was on sale on Steam a week or so ago, but after reading about the terrible consolized FOV and no way to adjust it, I had to pass. Deal breaker for me.  

2. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 15:14 Cutter

Does the DLC look any better?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Oct 31, 2012, 15:08 nin

"After his girlfriend is kidnapped

Which one? He had like 4, by the end...

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >