Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week

Robot Entertainment announces they will release the Are We There Yet? booster pack tomorrow for Orcs Must Die! 2, their action/strategy sequel. Here's the deal:

Get your orc-skin sweaters out of storage because you’re heading up north in the “Are We There Yeti?” Booster Pack for Orcs Must Die! 2. Announced today by Robot Entertainment, the new booster pack gives players three enormous new frozen cavern levels to defend. It won’t be easy! Yeti and Goblin Sapper mobs will do everything they can to take down War Mages and their trusty trap layouts. In addition to new monsters and levels, the booster pack includes three new Endless Mode level conversions, three new defenses for the Spellbook, and new character costumes inspired by the Orcs Must Die! community! The “Are We There Yeti?” booster pack for Orcs Must Die! 2 will be available on Steam for $4.99 on November 1st.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week Nov 1, 2012, 09:45 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 18:30:
Bought this during the sale for the multiplayer. Disappointing that there is no lobby system and runs off your friends list. All those bastards are playing BL2!

I'm always down for OMD2, Verno on Steam.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week Oct 31, 2012, 18:30 The Half Elf

Bought this during the sale for the multiplayer. Disappointing that there is no lobby system and runs off your friends list. All those bastards are playing BL2!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week Oct 31, 2012, 17:21 ASeven

Huh. This DLC sales are really doing no good for the dev, good will is probably running low at this point. I know that as much as I liked OMD2 this really is grating on my patience.

I think I'll wait a few months when OMD2 will go on deep sale and get the DLCs then.

3. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week Oct 31, 2012, 16:05 Beamer

Yeah, I love this game, but I hate this DLC. Especially as the Endless Mode conversions. Last booster pack was what, 3 new levels and 3 Endless conversions? But 2 of those new levels were the Endless conversions.

I don't get why new levels aren't just assumed endless. Then again, I found the Endless modes the least fun to be had with this game (to the point that I'd say I found them not at all fun - some of those baddies just weren't fun to fight against.)

No plans to buy these.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week Oct 31, 2012, 15:34 Gas Bandit

I'm a big Orcs Must Die fan, but the piddly size of the booster packs they put out at a 5 dollar price point really rubs me the wrong way. 3 levels for 5 bucks? Overpriced. They all have been. It further exacerbates the grumpiness I experienced due to the fact that the base game for OMD2 felt so tiny and short compared to OMD1. It makes me feel like they're trying to trick 50 bucks out of me for the complete game cut into pieces, instead of a great indie $15 game like the first one.  

1. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week Oct 31, 2012, 15:12 Verno

Can't say I'm thrilled with how they handled DLC for this game. Loved the base game, great value there but I'd much rather they just pack these up into an expansion and charge me whatever instead of getting it piecemeal once every 2 months.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo