Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: etc. Nov 1, 2012, 09:47 Verno

I thought the first Hidden and Dangerous game was better but oh man the bugs, sooooo many bugs. We used to lan that shit at work and had a whiteboard dedicated to gamebreaking bugs that we needed to avoid. About half of them involved spontaneously dying to nothing or falling through the world somehow.

But when that game worked, damn it was amazing stuff.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 22:55 jimnms

Quboid wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 22:27:
MoH pre-dates CoD. After MoH: Allied Assault, the developers split from the publishers and the talent made CoD1 (one of the best FPS games ever IMHO), the other developers made some forgettable piece of crap (Men of Valor?) and the publisher churned out MoH games to squeeze every last cent out of it, much like CoD now.

Yes I know MoH came before CoD, that's why I said I passed up the first CoD because I thought it was another MoH. Even for a rail shooter, the first two CoD games were great.

I still want a Hidden & Dangerous 3 because H&D2 was so damn awesome. I have so many awesome memories from missions in that game. It may not have had constant action like CoD, but damn was it tense.

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2012, 22:38 Trevellian

TotalBiscuit sums up my feelings on MoH, COD and BF campaigns quite nicely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHyD49DaeA

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

7. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 22:27 Quboid

jimnms wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:16:
Hasn't MoH has always been a shittier versions of CoD? I only played the first one released on PC, I bought it and its expansion at the same time, went home, beat them both in 4 hours. The game was a major let down, the only mission that was any fun to play was the one they released as a demo. I boxed the thing back up, went back to the store and told them I couldn't get it to work. I exchanged it for something else (remember the days when you could do that?) and never touched another MoH again.

I actually passed on the first CoD because I confused it with MoH, but eventually did get it and CoD2. CoD started to go downhill with Modern Warfare as far as SP. I never cared for CoD MP, so there's no reason for me to bother with it anymore.

MoH pre-dates CoD. After MoH: Allied Assault, the developers split from the publishers and the talent made CoD1 (one of the best FPS games ever IMHO), the other developers made some forgettable piece of crap (Men of Valor?) and the publisher churned out MoH games to squeeze every last cent out of it, much like CoD now.

- Quboid

6. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 21:43 Beamer

Sepharo wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 20:54:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:21:
it's like eating something "chocolatey" then eating Hersheys' chocolate.

Beamer, an elitist such as yourself eating Hershey's chocolate? Are you sure it's not some 99% cacao you shipped in from Belgium?

Or maybe the point was to get a dig on both MoH and CoD.

I've got this stuff on the brain because someone brought some Ghirardelli chocolate into the office the other day and the Europeans scoffed at our "expensive" chocolate.

I actually enjoy the MW games. Frustrating, non-sensical, infinite respawning, slowed down action for the controller crowd... but it comes together well in multiplayer. For consoles.

But yeah, I figure no one would agree, but hopefully most would agree a plain Hershey's bar is kind of gross, haha. So is 99% cacao, though - after 85% it's too bitter, haha.
75% for life!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 20:54 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:21:
it's like eating something "chocolatey" then eating Hersheys' chocolate.

Beamer, an elitist such as yourself eating Hershey's chocolate? Are you sure it's not some 99% cacao you shipped in from Belgium?

Or maybe the point was to get a dig on both MoH and CoD.

I've got this stuff on the brain because someone brought some Ghirardelli chocolate into the office the other day and the Europeans scoffed at our "expensive" chocolate.

4. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2012, 17:54 DangerDog

It's not that bad of a shooter, I only paid $30 for it though. It's got some frustrating bugs and of course cheaters running around with aim-bots and no weapon recoil - like ALL multiplayer games on the PC have. When you find a good game where people aren't cheating it's a lot of fun and quite intense. I like the "hotspot" mode where you have to attack/defend random points on the map.

Heads will roll for the bad sales performance and they'll probably put the franchise on the shelf or hand it over to another development studio like they did with Need for Speed.

I do have to say it was pretty much a *derp* move to use the Frostbyte 2 engine and not have over the top destruction. They don't seem to even have physics enabled as everything is glued to the level. DICE probably wanted the destruction to remain a trademark for Battlefield, regardless of the devs saying they wanted to remain "authentic".

3. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 16:21 Beamer

It's actually interesting to play a level of the last MoH then a level of the last MW and compare.

It really makes MW look impressive in comparison. Which I guess likely says more about those MoH games - it's like eating something "chocolatey" then eating Hersheys' chocolate.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 16:16 jimnms

Hasn't MoH has always been a shittier versions of CoD? I only played the first one released on PC, I bought it and its expansion at the same time, went home, beat them both in 4 hours. The game was a major let down, the only mission that was any fun to play was the one they released as a demo. I boxed the thing back up, went back to the store and told them I couldn't get it to work. I exchanged it for something else (remember the days when you could do that?) and never touched another MoH again.

I actually passed on the first CoD because I confused it with MoH, but eventually did get it and CoD2. CoD started to go downhill with Modern Warfare as far as SP. I never cared for CoD MP, so there's no reason for me to bother with it anymore.

MeanJim on Steam

1. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 15:20 Verno

It wouldn't be dead if they actually made a decent game with it instead of just continually making a shittier version of CoD.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo