Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Halloween! In spite of the occasion, things are less scary today at the BlueTower today, as power returned last night, and the internet came back just a short while ago, so power has also returned to our provider. We are once again very lucky to be back in action here, as we just received a message saying that much of our area will be without power for several more days. Apologies for the downtime, and here's hoping that those of you impacted by Hurricane Sandy are also successfully getting back on track.

Scary Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius and nin.
Play: Full English.
Apocalipseed.
TriBot Fighter.
Links: 7 Creepy Urban Legends That Happen to Be True (Part 6).
George Lucas Lets Everyone Know About the New Star Wars Movie.
Stories: Singer Set For "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
NYT called out city’s flood-protection problems in September.
Heroes of superstorm Sandy.
An aerial photo of Breezy Point, Queens Fire Site.
'Aliens' Work Loader Is Best Dad & Baby Costume Ever.
Media: Empty America - New York City.
The Minecraft (Matrix Parody).
John Dies at the End - Official Trailer.
Atlantic City Broskis Photobomb CNN Hurricane Sandy Coverage.
The Funnies: Luke Cardwalker Discovers the Truth.
Dilbert.
Halloween Mask Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
Follow-up: 'Arrested Development'- Conan tweets first official photo. Thanks Dark Horizons.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2012, 21:11 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 06:44:
jimnms wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:32:
BTW, has anyone else been having problem with YouTube lately? Videos seem to be stopping randomly between 10 and 30 seconds before it reaches the end. It's fucking pissing me off, even moving the slider back it will stop and jump back to the end. I have to take note of the exact time it stops and move the slider to 1 second past that to see the whole thing.
This exact issue has been happening to me for the past two weeks. Started all of a sudden. Vids will play 70%-80% the way through (sometimes less) then lock up. If I refresh the page, they'll typically restart from where I left off, but not always. Extremely annoying. I can only think it's somehow linked to the new cookie setting that remembers where you are in a vid.

Same issue here. Glad I'm not the only one because maybe that means they'll actually fix it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2012, 06:44 jdreyer

BTW, has anyone else been having problem with YouTube lately? Videos seem to be stopping randomly between 10 and 30 seconds before it reaches the end. It's fucking pissing me off, even moving the slider back it will stop and jump back to the end. I have to take note of the exact time it stops and move the slider to 1 second past that to see the whole thing.
This exact issue has been happening to me for the past two weeks. Started all of a sudden. Vids will play 70%-80% the way through (sometimes less) then lock up. If I refresh the page, they'll typically restart from where I left off, but not always. Extremely annoying. I can only think it's somehow linked to the new cookie setting that remembers where you are in a vid.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 21:25 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:31:
Here's a fun article:
Mobile game fails because it's too much fun, making it easy to get in-game money rather than spending real money. Also: "buy" button too small and game doesn't emphasize real money purchases enough.
Depressing.

My favorite time waster on my phone lately is Coin Dozer. It's like one of those arcade coin pushing machines. You play with the coins you push off and if you run out it generates a new coin every 30 seconds or so. If you want a bunch of coins you can fill out a survey, download an app, or buy them directly. But at a certain point once you've leveled up some perks/bonuses you eventually start gaining coins instead of losing them. I have something like 7000 coins right now. The scheme seems to be broken as it's typically people heavily invested in a game that purchase things, but in this game the more you play the less of a need there is to purchase.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 20:38 cappy

Welcome back!  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 18:40 Yosemite Sam

Nice to be back from the 18th century eh? Really dont think an apology was necessary... unless you've got a hurricane generating machine hidden in the Bluetower

Those flooded subways are really going to hurt a city like New York... and if I remember correctly that's a major connection hub too.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 18:36 eDave

There he is!

Gotta admit; I was checking into Blues 10X more than usual the last couple of days for any kind of update.

Glad all is well.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 17:56 Cutter

Rigs wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 17:24:

I've been having a problem for about the last two months with videos buffering about 1/3 and then stopping or when I change to 720p or 1080p, it takes forever and a day to buffer...and it's not on just one system, it's all of the ones in the house. If I go to videosift or watch a video on any other site, it's fine. Only Youtube does it. Now that is maddening...

=-Rigs-=

That's been happening with Youtube - on and off - for me since day one. And yeah, never see that problem with Videosift, et al.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 17:24 Rigs

I've been having a problem for about the last two months with videos buffering about 1/3 and then stopping or when I change to 720p or 1080p, it takes forever and a day to buffer...and it's not on just one system, it's all of the ones in the house. If I go to videosift or watch a video on any other site, it's fine. Only Youtube does it. Now that is maddening...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:40 Shok

Welcome back Blue, I was getting twitchy not being able to get my gaming news for almost two days  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:32 jimnms

Cutter wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 15:22:
And for those missed it...

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Halloween Trailer!

You'll soil your armour you'll be so scared!

I'm planning to play Amnesia tonight. Pre-ordered it way back, but I only played it for an hour or so when it first came out. I was already playing something else and meant to come back when I finished, but I never did. Steam says I've played it for 16+ hours, so that must have been the game I accidentally left running one day. I wish I could reset the timers on the game so it would be an accurate record of my actual play time.

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:16 Hoop

Glad your not too affected & you guys got through alright.
Hell of a way to start Winter.

Um .. Behind you...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:07 PropheT

Good to see you back Blue, and here's hoping for a speedy recovery for everyone else affected.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:02 Creston

WB Blue!

And there goes our chance at the record! Dammit!

Creston

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 15:37 sauron

Welcome back Blue.

Things here in the city are not yet back to normal. Subway still down, 5th Avenue and other major routes are a parking lot. No power downtown, and none on the Upper East Side when you get anywhere near the river. And that's just Manhattan, which was mostly protected from the storm.

I have some buddies at NYU Medical Center downtown, and apparently it's really messed up over there. All the patients evacuated from the hospital, all the research labs trashed and years of work gone. Very very sad. And that's just one institution.

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 15:30 Rigs

Welcome back to civilization, Blue! I have to ask, did you really feel out of touch with the world with no access? Some people say they're ok with it, doesn't bother them and others say they freak out and think it's the end of the world. I'm curious...I know whenever the power goes out here (often), especially at night, that little voice in the back of my mind wonders if it's just a glitch or the beginning of a nuclear holocaust...Anyway, good to have you back, Blue! I got lots of news to catch up on, apparently...

Oh, and your honored underlings here think that the Blue->Black front page gradient would be swell!

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 15:22 Cutter

Yeah, I guess it petered out pretty quick. We don't even have storm warnings here anymore and just yesterday they were saying we were going to get slammed by the remnants of it today.

And for those missed it...

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Halloween Trailer!

You'll soil your armour you'll be so scared!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 15:11 Verno

Welcome back Blue, glad to hear everything is alright at the BlueTower.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 15:02 nin

Hey hey! We're BACK!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo