Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V in Spring

Rockstar Games announces a spring 2013 release window for the console editions of Grand Theft Auto V, the next installment in the open-world action sequel (thanks nin). A Windows version is not mentioned at this time. Word is:

Today, we're proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.

Starting next week November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will become available for pre-order everywhere and fans can expect a host of new information to become available in November.

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 23:37 entr0py

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 21:34:
Quite disappointed that there's no mention of the PC version.

Me too. This late port crap is garbage.

That has been their MO with the series ever since GTA III. I think part of that strategy is the hope that some fans will actually buy the game twice. I admit I did with GTA III and Vice City; once on the PS2 because I couldn't wait, then again on PC for a better experience at a more reasonable price. Actually announcing the superior PC version is coming in a few months would cut down on the impulse console buys. But of course it will come.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 23:37 theyarecomingforyou

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:21:
Watchdogs does indeed look amazing. I am hoping it's a deep experience, but what has me the most worried is wondering if Ubisoft will regress yet again with its stupid DRM.
Well, Ubisoft has at least moved away from the always-on DRM that they pushed for so long. More importantly, their PC ports are usually solid-to-excellent - for all the issues with the gameplay, Far Cry 2 was actually incredibly well optimised and took advantage of DX10.

Ubisoft beats Rockstar hands down any day.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 23:21 Prez

Bet wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 22:51:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 22:40:
More importantly it will be competing with Watchdogs, which IS getting a PC release and looks much better than the terrible GTAV trailer that Rockstar put out.
Now there is a very good point. Forgot about Watchdogs.

Watchdogs does indeed look amazing. I am hoping it's a deep experience, but what has me the most worried is wondering if Ubisoft will regress yet again with its stupid DRM.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 22:51 Bet

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 22:40:
More importantly it will be competing with Watchdogs, which IS getting a PC release and looks much better than the terrible GTAV trailer that Rockstar put out.
Now there is a very good point. Forgot about Watchdogs.

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 22:40 theyarecomingforyou

With Max Payne 3 they developed the PC version alongside the console version and it was released within a couple of weeks of the X360 and PS3 releases. It's widely regarded as a decent port and my experience with it was positive, although I found the gameplay decidedly lacking.

With GTAIV they developed the PC version long after the console versions and it was bundled with shitware (GFWL and Rockstar Cuntflap Club). It was widely regarded as a shit port, which ran like ass and looked terrible - the gameplay was also decidedly lacking.

If they follow the same release timetable as they did with GTAIV then the PC version will be released at the very end of next year, where it will coincide with the launch of Microsoft's next-gen console. Even if the port was stunning it will still look shit in comparison to next-gen games. More importantly it will be competing with Watchdogs, which IS getting a PC release and looks much better than the terrible GTAV trailer that Rockstar put out.

I officially couldn't give a shit about GTAV. And it's just pathetic that they're suspending people for bringing up the PC version. I thought Rockstar had learnt their lesson after Max Payne 3 but no, they fucked it up again.

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 22:39 Dades

No way I'm playing a console version, PC or bust. In this economy with the current state of consoles they can't afford to pull another Red Dead Redemption.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 22:11 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:29:
I wish they weren't doing SoCal again. I'd like to have seen take a stab at something like Chicago, or possibly even somewhere in Europe.

I know it's gotten a bunch of attention as of late, but I always thought that Dubai would make an interesting GTA inspiration for a city. I mean, you have incredibly, unbelievably poor people working in the biggest instance of conspicuous consumption in humanity's history, as well as money, religion, and evangelism all kind of colliding at once.

17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 21:43 Bet

ItBurn wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 21:28
uite disappointed that there's no mention of the PC version.
There were so many "PC" comments that they had to add this message in bright orange:
"Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended." [/quote:

Wow. They never mention the PC version in these announcements for some reason, but that response is really pathetic.

16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 21:34 Prez

Me too. This late port crap is garbage.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 21:28 ItBurn

There were so many "PC" comments that they had to add this message in bright orange:
"Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended."

14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 21:25 theyarecomingforyou

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:59:
Think there's any chance we'll get any better than a shit port when it finally does come to PC?
Nope. Not that it matters, as the gameplay will probably be shit anyway.

13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 20:59 Kythlyn

Think there's any chance we'll get any better than a shit port when it finally does come to PC?  

12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 20:34 netnerd85

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 19:58:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 19:51:
KTR wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 19:15:
John wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 18:59:
KTR wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 18:34:

Yea, no Wii U mentioned. Bummer.
No, I think he was talking about an iPad version.

Wait, now I know. He was referring about the Ooya version. That must be it.

Yaya you guys, its obvious I'm talking about the Virtual Boy version.
You sure? I thought it was for the C64 and Amiga.
Stop being ridiculous, GTAV N64 hitting yo cartridges soon!

11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 20:29 Cutter

I wish they weren't doing SoCal again. I'd like to have seen take a stab at something like Chicago, or possibly even somewhere in Europe.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 20:04 nin

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 19:58:
Why no Amiga version?

Lol, i got ninjaed...

2600 or bust!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 19:58 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 19:51:

You sure? I thought it was for the C64 and Amiga.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 19:58 eRe4s3r

Why no Amiga version?

Lol, i got ninjaed...

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 19:51 NegaDeath

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 19:15 KTR

5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 19:06 nin

BLUE LIVES!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo