Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V in Spring

Rockstar Games announces a spring 2013 release window for the console editions of Grand Theft Auto V, the next installment in the open-world action sequel (thanks nin). A Windows version is not mentioned at this time. Word is:

Today, we're proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.

Starting next week November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will become available for pre-order everywhere and fans can expect a host of new information to become available in November.

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 11:08 InBlack

Im guessing it also has to do with money or moneys being 'funneled' into Rockstar by parties interested in keeping GTA off the PC...Namely Sony and Microsoft.

I can see no other logical reason for not porting it to the PC other than being given bags of cash not to.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 11:02 Creston

I think I'm going to skip it, to be honest. I only have a PS3 anymore, and the PS3 already couldn't run GTA4 decently. With the videos shown, I seriously seriously doubt it'd do even a marginally decent job with GTA5.

And I refuse to buy another 360.

creston

42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 10:50 BobBob

So far my favorite sandbox game is Just Cause 2. Red Faction Guerrilla comes second, it's just very repetitive.  

41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 10:24 StingingVelvet

The PC platform came back from media ambivalence to become dominant and hyped again but Rockstar still don't give a shit. Shame.  

40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 09:04 ItBurn

PHJF wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 00:23:

Did the PC Max Payne 3 sales not impress them enough?

MP3 sold terribly across all platforms.

MP3 came out at the same time as Diablo 3, which is like, one of the most anticipated games ever. Their whole publicity push was completely buried(and it sucked also) and then once D3 died down, they did nothing else. I hope they're not gaging the PC interest with the failure of Payne 3.

But yeah, Rockstar are assholes. Making the game console only for A YEAR makes sure that the PC sales are as small as possible. GTA 4 was definitely a shitty port. Terrible.

But the game was amazing.

39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 08:40 theyarecomingforyou

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 05:22:
Shit Port? Considering they added alot more options to take full advantage of high end pc's? If you google you can find the settings used in the console version's, and the game runs quite fine but looks like shit.
If you're talking about GTAIV, then yes - it absolutely was a shit port. The graphics were terrible (no anti-aliasing, terrible texture quality), the performance was terrible (my current system still can't manage 60fps and it's years ahead of the hardware available at the time) and it was bundled with shitware. That's before mentioning the massive delay. It also lacked PC exclusive features like DX10, which earlier released multi-platform titles like Far Cry 2 and Assassin's Creed included.

As for Max Payne 3, it's not even in the Top 100 on Steam. To give you an idea, games like Mafia II, Crusader Kings II, FTL: Faster Than Light, Just Cause 2 and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare are on that list. I bought it on sale and enjoyed it for a little while but as enjoyable as the narrative is the gameplay is pretty tedious and the cutscenes are simply ridiculous. More bizarrely, some cutscenes are in-game and others are prerendered - that's a huge issue when the prerendered cutscenes are done at 30fps @ 720p with super compression, which looks like complete ass in comparison to the in-game graphics. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking but that's completely unacceptable on the PC. When I first played the game I thought the game must have been broken because the graphics were so bad.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

38. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 08:07 InBlack

Sempai wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:55:
And of course no PC from these douche bags.

Fuck you Rockstar, just..fuck you.

One of the reasons why I dont support them anymore, they released GTA4 on the PC like a whole fucking year after it appeared on the consoles. Needless to say I didnt buy it, they can go fuck themselves for all I care.

I wont even mention the fact that RDR was NEVER ported to the PC. Dont support those pricks, dont buy their games.

I have a nifty blue line!

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 07:38 Rea1One

PC version will probably come out November 2013  

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 05:25 spindoctor

Very excited for the game. Hoping it gets a May release as per Rockstar's usual schedule and doesn't get delayed.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 05:22 The Half Elf

Shit Port? Considering they added alot more options to take full advantage of high end pc's? If you google you can find the settings used in the console version's, and the game runs quite fine but looks like shit.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 05:07 eRe4s3r

Indeed, but that is not hard... the bad port that was GTA IV, the lack of a PC version for red dead redemption (yeah, so what if it needs a controller even on PC, I want to play it on PC anyway) and now this obvious disregard for the PC platform as a whole.

If the dude on that linked page is their community manager they should fire him. Sure way to get a shitstorm is to post stuff like "yeah we noticed you asking about this, but we don't give a damn and will ignore your question."

It's kinda hilarious, if he is paid for community management, he just failed at the basic premise....

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 02:35 Asmodai

It's probably a good thing I was terribly underwhelmed with the announcement of GTAV that the conspicuously missing mention of "PC" doesn't even bother me... =\  

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 02:32 xXBatmanXx

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 02:01 Fantaz

PC plzzzzz! Develop it in-house, not outsourced to Rockstar Toronto like GTA4.  

30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 01:33 Ant

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 18:25:
The site is alive, aliiiiiiiiiive! ...
Only one new post.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

29. gjbloom@yahoo.com Oct 31, 2012, 00:40 ColBlister

Still no Red Dead Redemption for PC, proving Rockstar doesn't mind leaving a ton of money on the table. I'm surprised TTWO shareholders put up with this shit.  

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 00:38 Jackplug

Ohwell another company turns their back on those who made them who they are.

Well I'm sure that Rockstar will appeciate that allot of their xbox fans will be playing GTA 5 before it is even released, just like Microsoft did it with Halo 4

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2012, 00:47.

27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 00:23 PHJF

Did the PC Max Payne 3 sales not impress them enough?

MP3 sold terribly across all platforms.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 00:22 MuzixMon

Did the PC Max Payne 3 sales not impress them enough? Thanks to Steam never sharing their sales info with anyone we'll never know just how well it did. I'd bet it sold decently and I was happy to see it released with the consoles so I bought 2 PC copies (one for me and my son) on day 1. I really was hoping we'd see GTAV within a month of the console release but no we're left behind again. I'm sure the pirating factor came into play again, it always does.  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 23:55 Sempai

And of course no PC from these douche bags.

Fuck you Rockstar, just..fuck you.

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo