Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V in Spring

Rockstar Games announces a spring 2013 release window for the console editions of Grand Theft Auto V, the next installment in the open-world action sequel (thanks nin). A Windows version is not mentioned at this time. Word is:

Today, we're proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.

Starting next week November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will become available for pre-order everywhere and fans can expect a host of new information to become available in November.

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

64. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Nov 1, 2012, 17:54 descender

I completely agree. I thought GTA4 was horrible.

The only reason I got through it was the extensive number of mods I was able to apply to the game to fix the driving physics and textures.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

63. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Nov 1, 2012, 04:38 RailWizard

Yay. More consolized streamlined crap. No thx.  

62. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:43 Fantaz

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:10:
Rigs wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 14:55:
You know, you guys are bitching but entropy already gave the game away...you and I know damn well *R will put out a PC version. They haven't NOT put out a GTA before on PC, why stop now, eh?
Who gives a shit when it's going to turn up nearly a year later, look like ass and run just as poorly? I've bought every previous version of GTA but I have zero interest in GTAV. As I've already said, Watchdogs looks great and they announced the PC version right off the bat.

GTA just isn't a relevant series any more.

It's said that GTA5 is the Swan Song of the current consoles.

I at least hope GTA6 is not on Xbox 360 and PS3, but instead should be on Xbox 720, PS4 and PC.

61. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:10 theyarecomingforyou

You know, you guys are bitching but entropy already gave the game away...you and I know damn well *R will put out a PC version. They haven't NOT put out a GTA before on PC, why stop now, eh?
Who gives a shit when it's going to turn up nearly a year later, look like ass and run just as poorly? I've bought every previous version of GTA but I have zero interest in GTAV. As I've already said, Watchdogs looks great and they announced the PC version right off the bat.

GTA just isn't a relevant series any more.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

60. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:07 Creston

entr0py wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:37:
That has been their MO with the series ever since GTA III. I think part of that strategy is the hope that some fans will actually buy the game twice. I admit I did with GTA III and Vice City; once on the PS2 because I couldn't wait, then again on PC for a better experience at a more reasonable price. Actually announcing the superior PC version is coming in a few months would cut down on the impulse console buys. But of course it will come.

You know, you guys are bitching but entropy already gave the game away...you and I know damn well *R will put out a PC version. They haven't NOT put out a GTA before on PC, why stop now, eh? Yes, yes, RDR wasn't ported. It's a shame and I really don't see WHY it wasn't. It doesn't do anything that makes it 'console exclusive'...really, it's just a wild-west GTA, almost to a tee...I think some of you guys get your knickers in a bunch on purpose...like instead of coffee or that line of coke, you come on here and bitch to get your blood flowin'...hey, whatever floats your boat, buddy...

=-Rigs-=

The thing about RDR is that it's such a great game, and it just SCREAMS for more power.

It looks beautiful, but everything is low-res and kinda blurry. On the PC, the wild west could look amazing.
Shooting is fun on the consoles, but how awesome could the gunslingers be with the m/kb combo?

I would have gladly forked over another 60 bucks for a PC version...

They probably guess it would cost so much money to build high-res versions of all the artwork that they'd never recoup the costs. (And let's be honest, how many copies would a PC version of RDR sell? A million? That's not a lot of cash for a place like rockstar.)

ANYWAY, yes, there will be a GTA5 on the PC eventually. I'll wait for that one. When I said I'll skip it I meant I'll skip it for the consoles.

creston

59. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 14:59 entr0py

Doesn't anyone remember that this is exactly how Rockstar handled every GTA game for the last 11 years? It would be cool if Rockstar North started giving the PC a higher priority, or stopped being secretive about their PC plans, but their formula has been so obscenely successful I think they're loath to mess with it.

58. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 14:55 Rigs

entr0py wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:37:
That has been their MO with the series ever since GTA III. I think part of that strategy is the hope that some fans will actually buy the game twice. I admit I did with GTA III and Vice City; once on the PS2 because I couldn't wait, then again on PC for a better experience at a more reasonable price. Actually announcing the superior PC version is coming in a few months would cut down on the impulse console buys. But of course it will come.

You know, you guys are bitching but entropy already gave the game away...you and I know damn well *R will put out a PC version. They haven't NOT put out a GTA before on PC, why stop now, eh? Yes, yes, RDR wasn't ported. It's a shame and I really don't see WHY it wasn't. It doesn't do anything that makes it 'console exclusive'...really, it's just a wild-west GTA, almost to a tee...I think some of you guys get your knickers in a bunch on purpose...like instead of coffee or that line of coke, you come on here and bitch to get your blood flowin'...hey, whatever floats your boat, buddy...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

57. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 14:44 Verno

AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 12:05:
No...just no!
My system good - other systems bad.
Anyone who doesn't make games for my system is evil. You know who else didn't make games for PC? Hitler

Just for laughs, next time there is about to be a Halo game released, pop on over to the Xbox forums and post that it's a Windows 8 exclusive, no ETA on an Xbox version. Please be sure to remind them how Windows is actually an important part of the Xbox ecosystem according to Microsoft and that they are just missing out by not buying it for the PC.

We'll see how understanding and patient people are on all sides

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

56. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 14:40 Fantaz

Jivaro wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 12:54:
PHJF wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 12:51:
No...just no!

I don't know if you noticed, but you're not posting to xbox.com over here. This is a web site for PC gamers. Big-name game... offhanded dismissal by developer... I think we're allowed to be irked.

Not really true. This is a gaming news site with a large portion of the long term visitors having PC gaming as their primary focus. Blue has mobile, XBOX, and other platforms in the news as much as PC. That doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be irked (I mean, it irks me too), but it isn't because of the site, it's because of you.

Really? This is a gaming news site? I only thought it was just a site about Quake and ID Software news...

55. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 14:18 spindoctor

InBlack wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 08:07:
I wont even mention the fact that RDR was NEVER ported to the PC.

And yet...

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

54. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 13:24 ItBurn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 12:59:
This is a website for gamers and most gaming enthusiasts have a decent PC because it offers the best gaming experience out there. They also often have consoles.

People are frustrated because the PC offers such a great experience and too often developers focus on consoles to the detriment of the PC. A classic example of that is Halo, which was originally shaping up to be an excellent PC game but ended up becoming a console exclusive - it was a worse game as a result and gamers suffered. Personally I can't be bothered with consoles because image quality is important to me and 1280x720 - often at 30fps - simply doesn't cut it for me. I game at 2560x1600 at 60fps and consoles can't even come close to that.

Yeah. This isn't about us being snobs to consoles. I don't want a console version because I don't want the shitty graphics, slow load times, unprecise aiming and the closed platform. I mean, it's just better on PC, not because of opinion.

This annoys me so much, that I simply don't play games on consoles. Not because I'm mad at them, not because I want to protest, but simply because I can't stand these basic issues.

53. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:59 theyarecomingforyou

This is a website for gamers and most gaming enthusiasts have a decent PC because it offers the best gaming experience out there. They also often have consoles.

People are frustrated because the PC offers such a great experience and too often developers focus on consoles to the detriment of the PC. A classic example of that is Halo, which was originally shaping up to be an excellent PC game but ended up becoming a console exclusive - it was a worse game as a result and gamers suffered. Personally I can't be bothered with consoles because image quality is important to me and 1280x720 - often at 30fps - simply doesn't cut it for me. I game at 2560x1600 at 60fps and consoles can't even come close to that.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

52. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:54 Jivaro

PHJF wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 12:51:
No...just no!

I don't know if you noticed, but you're not posting to xbox.com over here. This is a web site for PC gamers. Big-name game... offhanded dismissal by developer... I think we're allowed to be irked.

Not really true. This is a gaming news site with a large portion of the long term visitors having PC gaming as their primary focus. Blue has mobile, XBOX, and other platforms in the news as much as PC. That doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be irked (I mean, it irks me too), but it isn't because of the site, it's because of you.

51. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:51 PHJF

No...just no!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

50. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:43 Jivaro

Because it never gets old  

49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:31 Cutter

AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 12:05:
You know who else didn't make games for PC? Hitler

Yes, but the Nazis had a secret crash program to do so! The Fuhrer was bored in the bunker and wanted to "pwn some hebes" in a game that was eerily similar to Wolfenstein except the Nazis were the good guys!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

48. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:10 Narf2029

Blue's got no power and still manages to get in a tiny bit of news. That's why none of us mind this kind of thing.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

47. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:05 AngelicPenguin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 11:55:
Sempai wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:55:
And of course no PC from these douche bags.

Fuck you Rockstar, just..fuck you.

One of the reasons why I dont support them anymore, they released GTA4 on the PC like a whole fucking year after it appeared on the consoles. Needless to say I didnt buy it, they can go fuck themselves for all I care.

I wont even mention the fact that RDR was NEVER ported to the PC. Dont support those pricks, dont buy their games.

Wow. Calm down.

I will buy it for console and PC.
A lot around here say SA was the best version, and it looks like this will be an upgrade to that. I am a gamer, I have most systems released and buy great games for all systems. You will be missing out.

No...just no!
Anyone who doesn't make games for my system is evil. You know who else didn't make games for PC? Hitler

46. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 11:55 xXBatmanXx

Sempai wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:55:
And of course no PC from these douche bags.

Fuck you Rockstar, just..fuck you.

One of the reasons why I dont support them anymore, they released GTA4 on the PC like a whole fucking year after it appeared on the consoles. Needless to say I didnt buy it, they can go fuck themselves for all I care.

I wont even mention the fact that RDR was NEVER ported to the PC. Dont support those pricks, dont buy their games.

Wow. Calm down.

I will buy it for console and PC.
A lot around here say SA was the best version, and it looks like this will be an upgrade to that. I am a gamer, I have most systems released and buy great games for all systems. You will be missing out.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 11:31 Verno

Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 11:02:
I think I'm going to skip it, to be honest. I only have a PS3 anymore, and the PS3 already couldn't run GTA4 decently. With the videos shown, I seriously seriously doubt it'd do even a marginally decent job with GTA5.

And I refuse to buy another 360.

creston

Yep, same here. Whatever Microsoft is making next gen is a no-go for me, they really burned through all of my good will that they built up during the first few years. Rockstar games typically run like butt on consoles so unless there is a PC version, I think I'll just skip it. I made an exception for RDR and ended up thinking how much better it would look and control on the PC the entire time.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo