Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well I'm sorry to say the BlueTower is black thanks to Sandy. We lost power overnight, and I don't have an estimate of when to expect it to return, though historically they tend to be pretty quick at restoring electricity after outages here. Otherwise we are fine, and hope all the rest of you are equally safe. I don't picture being able to update the site through my phone, so I'm afraid I'm offline for the time being. Apologies, hopefully this will all be sorted soon enough.

View
187 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

107. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 19:35 Mr. Tact

Disney doing Star Wars is not without hope. I haven't seen "Snow White and the Huntsman" but it looked promising (it's actually in the mail from Netflix at this moment). And as others have said, it couldn't be any worse than Lucas already did to his own creation.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2012, 19:50.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

106. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 19:33 Mr. Tact

Ruddrage wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:20:
Don't mention the midi-chlorians.
*blood curdling scream*
Lucas deserved death for that -- I'm almost serious. Almost.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

105. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 19:30 dj LiTh

Bit late, but glad everything is ok @ Blue's. Very greatful for such a wonderful site!  

104. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 18:36 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:09:
Wow, I'm amazed he sold it for that relatively little money. The Star Wars brand alone has to be worth more than 4 billion dollars? They get all the other lucasfilm stuff too.

I'm assuming they sold out for 100 billion, but then Lucas had to pay them 96 billion to take episodes 1-3 as part of the package.

103. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 18:19 NegaDeath

Trevellian wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:52:
it's an INFINITELY good thing for Star Wars fans that he will no longer be involved ever again.

I have no fears of Disney anymore after Tron Legacy and their ownership of Marvel has resulted in nothing but good movies.

Side Thought: 2015 leaves plenty of time for Joss Whedon to finish Avengers 2 in time to direct Star Wars 7.... BONERBONERBONERBONERBONER

Oh I'm glad he's no longer attached. The guy is the definition of burnt out. But your right, with their recent acquisition of Marvel and Pixar already in-house they have some serious storytelling muscle. Cautious optimism?

Now that I think about it, with the prequel obsessor gone this could be kick needed to see some sequels to original trilogy games like X-Wing/TIE and Jedi Knight.

102. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 18:14 Kosumo

I must say I thought that Disney done a great job with The Muppets movie earlier in the year, was to me, very true to the oringal TV show.

Also, I can see them using Indiana Jones alot better than Lucus did.

I wonder if the epic flop that Star Wars - The old Republic was, had anything to do with the final price?

101. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 18:13 BobBob

Bambi strikes back!  

100. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 18:02 sauron

Ant wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 16:49:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 14:47:
No redesign needed!
Ditto. Fast, simple, etc. It works fine.

A mobile app would rule. Then I could spam the forum while out lashing orc servitors with my evil cat o'nine tails.

(or while drinking wine and lying in bed, lol).

Kittens!

99. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:57 nin

http://youtu.be/QIkqX5fG_tA

http://youtu.be/YyqlTi7lkhY

Could Disney FINALLY give us the original trilogy on blu, as it was originally seen in theaters?

edit: Watching over the signing (at the end of the first video) feels like a funeral...

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2012, 18:07.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

98. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:55 1badmf

Jivaro wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:43:
Is Leia now a Disney princess, and if so...is Vader than a wicked Queen?

Leia a disney princess oh god that just makes my skin crawl. imagine slave Leia prancing around on stage with Jasmine and Belle belting out a song about saving Han. makes you wanna punch some sense into those disney hos.

97. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:54 frag.machine

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:48:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:17:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:00:
Wow - Disney has brought Lucusart (or film) and gonna make new Star Wars movies.

Disney - Star Wars

.......what?

Did not see that coming. Not even remotely.

Is it April 1? Did I stroke out for 6 months?

Seriously. I'm shocked at the moment...everything screams this can't be happening, and yet it seems to be.

Hurricane sweeping US east coast... Disney buys Lucasfilm...

Suddenly all that 2012 previsions don't look so absurd.

Seriously, now: good luck Blue, be safe, be good.

96. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:52 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:09:
Wow, I'm amazed he sold it for that relatively little money. The Star Wars brand alone has to be worth more than 4 billion dollars? They get all the other lucasfilm stuff too.

I think this might be part of our nation's being desensitized to enormous amounts of money... We're so used to hearing about tens and hundreds of billions being wasted, plus dealing in trillions for some things, that it's been losing some of its impact. Billion is the new million, and that's bad, mmmkay?

95. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:52 Trevellian

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:48:
Wow - Disney has brought Lucusart (or film) and gonna make new Star Wars movies.

Disney - Star Wars

.......what?

Seriously. I'm shocked at the moment...everything screams this can't be happening, and yet it seems to be.

edit:
Lucas said in a statement, "it's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers".

Um, that's actually a good thing.

it's an INFINITELY good thing for Star Wars fans that he will no longer be involved ever again.

I have no fears of Disney anymore after Tron Legacy and their ownership of Marvel has resulted in nothing but good movies.

Side Thought: 2015 leaves plenty of time for Joss Whedon to finish Avengers 2 in time to direct Star Wars 7.... BONERBONERBONERBONERBONER

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

94. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:48 nin

Disney - Star Wars

.......what?

edit:
Lucas said in a statement, "it's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers".

Um, that's actually a good thing.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

93. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:45 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:32:
Speaking of survival stuff, anyone ever try freeze dried food from a place like Mountain House? I'd like to add an emergency preparedness supply at some point and would obviously like something that tastes good and will last for some time.

best tasting freeze dried meal

It's kind of like saying it's the best tasting horse shit you will ever eat. Sure, it may the best, but it's still horse shit.

When it comes to freeze dried food, not gag inducing is probably the best you can hope for. (In my experience, anyway.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

92. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:44 1badmf

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:32:
Speaking of survival stuff, anyone ever try freeze dried food from a place like Mountain House? I'd like to add an emergency preparedness supply at some point and would obviously like something that tastes good and will last for some time.

i don't think it's possible to have freeze-dried food that tastes good. it's hard enough getting frozen food that tastes good, and believe you me, I am Teh Connoisseur of tv dinners. besides, if you're at the point of breaking into the freeze dried reserves, i doubt the finish on your palette will be even the least of your concerns.

91. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:43 Jivaro

Is Leia now a Disney princess, and if so...is Vader than a wicked Queen?  

90. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:42 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:13:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:06:
Saw that. Originally taken aback, then I realized there is no way for them to fuck it up any worse than Lucas already did.
"Star wars on Ice...Hoth Style." Oh it can be worse...

"Are you an angel?"
"Yippeee!"
"Mesa gonna walka over to-a the jedi-a!"

No, it really can't be worse.

Creston

And, as long as Disney gives us a good writer/director it could be much better. (Using Pirates as an example.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

89. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:41 Rigs

Did I hear 'redesign'? I'm still waiting for those front page color gradients...*arms folded, taps foot*

Good to hear the BlueTower is still standing...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

88. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:32 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

187 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo