Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well I'm sorry to say the BlueTower is black thanks to Sandy. We lost power overnight, and I don't have an estimate of when to expect it to return, though historically they tend to be pretty quick at restoring electricity after outages here. Otherwise we are fine, and hope all the rest of you are equally safe. I don't picture being able to update the site through my phone, so I'm afraid I'm offline for the time being. Apologies, hopefully this will all be sorted soon enough.

View
187 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

127. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 22:55 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 22:22:

EPISODE 7: DA RISE-A OF DA JAR-JAR

Too soon?

The rise of Darth Ooohoo-mesa-so-sparkly!

I know it's too much to ask, but really what's the chances of EP7 actually being about Thrawn?

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

126. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 22:22 nin

Well, since we're talking campfires, let's talk ghost stories (what's a campfire without some ghost stories?). Ghost stories as in horror movies that is.

EPISODE 7: DA RISE-A OF DA JAR-JAR

Too soon?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

125. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 22:16 Prez

Well, since we're talking campfires, let's talk ghost stories (what's a campfire without some ghost stories?). Ghost stories as in horror movies that is. In the spirit of Halloween it is a yearly tradition for me to watch a bunch of horror movies, both old and new. Last night I watched "Absentia" on Netflix, and despite its low budget I thought it was a damn fine movie. The ending credits said that the movie was a kickstarter project and listed all of the names of the biggest donors in the credits. I thought that was pretty neat.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

124. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 21:56 Silicon Avatar

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:26:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:25:
This is kinda like sittin around the campfire shootin' the shit isn't it?

Kinda nice!

I want a marshmallow.

123. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 21:28 Creston

Bhruic wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 18:36:
Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:09:
Wow, I'm amazed he sold it for that relatively little money. The Star Wars brand alone has to be worth more than 4 billion dollars? They get all the other lucasfilm stuff too.

I'm assuming they sold out for 100 billion, but then Lucas had to pay them 96 billion to take episodes 1-3 as part of the package.

Hahahaha. Jar Jar Binks and Jake Lloyd probably cost him 40 billion dollars each

Creston

122. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 21:25 DangerDog

You truly find out how addicted you are to the internet when your power goes out.  

121. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 21:25 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 21:19:
Snow White was written like a million years ago, as were most of Disney's other earlier films.
Yeah, you are right. I spoke quickly, and forgot it is all based on a Grimms tale. Oh well. I still think Disney can't do any worse that Lucas was doing...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

120. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 21:25 Creston

Trevellian wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:52:
it's an INFINITELY good thing for Star Wars fans that he will no longer be involved ever again.

Note that Lucas will still be a consultant.

Creston

119. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 21:22 Creston

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:50:
I am amazed at how ill-prepared some of my relatives in New York and the surrounding areas were for this. My bro-in-law has no power, nothing to eat, and no means of communicating because he didn't charge his cell phone before hand or buy one of those battery powered cell chargers. He also can't go very far because he didn't fill his cars up beforehand and the gas stations that are even open are only taking cash, but of course he didn't get any cash from the bank before the storm. He has one flashlight and some birthday candles though.

Maybe that's why the news goes on and on about storms beforehand - people are dense.

People just never believe things can get that badly. It's incredible how some people just see a hurricane coming and are just like "Ah, it'll be over in a few hours. What can happen?"

Unbelievable... I (well, really my wife) have a huge emergency pack, basically, that's ready to go every time a tornado warning comes calling.

Creston

118. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 21:19 PHJF

Snow White was written like a million years ago, as were most of Disney's other earlier films.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

117. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 20:50 Prez

I am amazed at how ill-prepared some of my relatives in New York and the surrounding areas were for this. My bro-in-law has no power, nothing to eat, and no means of communicating because he didn't charge his cell phone before hand or buy one of those battery powered cell chargers. He also can't go very far because he didn't fill his cars up beforehand and the gas stations that are even open are only taking cash, but of course he didn't get any cash from the bank before the storm. He has one flashlight and some birthday candles though.

Maybe that's why the news goes on and on about storms beforehand - people are dense.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

116. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 20:33 dj LiTh

I thinks this has to be the most positive thread in blues history....indeed kinda nice  

115. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 20:26 nin

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:25:

Kinda nice!

114. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 20:25 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

113. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 20:21 MajorD

Thank you for the update Blue. I wish you & your family, and everyone else effected by Sandy the best. Stay safe.

112. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 20:20 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:05:
Movie has nothing to do with Disney.
I was assuming they had to license the IP, is that not the case?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

111. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 20:14 eDave

Rigs wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:41:
Did I hear 'redesign'? I'm still waiting for those front page color gradients...*arms folded, taps foot*

Can't believe old school black is so un-preferred...

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2012, 20:21.

110. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 20:05 PHJF

I haven't seen "Snow White and the Huntsman" but it looked promising (it's actually in the mail from Netflix at this moment).

Movie has nothing to do with Disney.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

109. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 19:57 nin

On the one hand, I almost feel a sense of pity for George. To sign over virtually your lifes work to megacorp has to be a little depressing.

On the other, if it's one thing the SW franchise needs, it's a fresh new infusion of blood. It's both thrilling and a little scary that he's suddenly letting go of the reins, after years of strangling the franchise.

It was the right move. But I'm sure it wasn't easy to do.

108. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 19:50 dj LiTh

Star Wars 7,8,9.....dust off the original cast and watch them as their droids dispense them medicine as they play star bingo wars  

187 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo