Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Premium Edition Outed

A listing on Amazon.de reveals plans for a premium edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim coming to retail. This lists a December 7th release date and contents that include a world map, a t-shirt, a novel, postcards, and a disc full of music, walkthroughs, and other bonus material in addition to the highly regarded RPG sequel. Eurogamer has a confirmation from Bethesda that this is a real product, and that it's coming to the U.K. as well, so it seems safe to presume it's coming to all territories.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 30, 2012, 03:45 GP

I'm sure most everyone here fondly remembers the old 'big box' PC games that came with all of the now-premium content such as maps, manuals, and artwork as standard. I still have all of my old Ultima boxes and various trinkets they'd come with...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 19:56 cronik

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 14:31:
Was on the PS3 store last night, big Beth wanted $AUD60 for Doom 3

"Lipstick on a pig", it's what Beth does best and you all fall for it.

Agree totally, they are nothing but cash grabbers!

18. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 18:59 Creston

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 15:34:
EA and COD get bashed around here ALL the time. EA have made good games before. People are still cherry picking Beth. You can't say "oh beth I love you, you make great games except for the re-release of Doom 3 that is over priced.".

Why exactly, can you not say that? Is everything purely absolute in your universe or something? To take your examples, the first Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was an excellent shooter, if a little short and too linear. Most COD games after that have been garbage.

EA has made good games, and those games have gotten credit where it's due. Lots of people enjoyed Mirror's Edge and Dead Space, and have said so. EA is also guilty of continuously gutting great franchises for the sake of their ever-growing shareholder greed.

So, yes, I CAN actually say that I think the Doom re-release is a horseshit move by Bethesda the publisher, while still really enjoying the games made by Bethesda the developer. You DO realize that there's a difference between the two, right? That it wasn't Todd Howard who made Carmack re-release Doom 3?

They market heavily... that's all they do is ground breaking marketing. If only they put half the effort they did into developing games as they did marketing.

Right. Bethesda is ALL about marketing. That's why there is near-universal love for Skyrim, because every single person can't see the forest for the marketing trees. Rolleyes

I'm sorry you didn't like Skyrim. I thought it was an awesome game.

Enjoying that rip off DLC for Skyrim? ;)

I didn't buy it, and I'm not sure how you feel this is somehow aiding whatever weird point it is you're trying to make. It's a 12 hour DLC by all estimates. How is it a ripoff? It's not the greatest DLC ever made, but it's also no horse-armor.

"you all" (generic term, but doesn't mean YOU specifically my perfect little stranger)

Just pointing out that Beth is the new EA. Public service announcement?

Oh, that's your point? Okay. Well, I'm gonna say it's not really a public service announcement as so much of a delusion, but you're entitled to it, of course.

Creston

17. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 17:56 The Half Elf

Gay guy says there is nothing in this 'edition' to even make it fabulous and/or fierce. It just fucking sucks.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 17:32 Tanto Edge

Gay.

Get it? Outed.. gay.. eighties thing I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

15. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 15:39 Verno

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 15:34:
blah blah doom blah

Did you somehow miss the last three Doom 3 related topics where people slagged it? Bethesda certainly does not get a pass but at the same time they have a long way to go before they're in EA territory.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

14. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 15:34 netnerd85

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 15:05:

Is it cold up there on that ivory tower of yours? Who is this "you all" you're talking of?

So far, I don't know that there's anyone on the blues forum who actually bought the Doom3-An 8 Year Old Game Re-released Edition.

Creston
EA and COD get bashed around here ALL the time. EA have made good games before. People are still cherry picking Beth. You can't say "oh beth I love you, you make great games except for the re-release of Doom 3 that is over priced.".

They market heavily... that's all they do is ground breaking marketing. If only they put half the effort they did into developing games as they did marketing.

Enjoying that rip off DLC for Skyrim?

"you all" (generic term, but doesn't mean YOU specifically my perfect little stranger)

Just pointing out that Beth is the new EA. Public service announcement?

13. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 15:30 jacobvandy

Not to mention, the whole point of the Doom 3 BFG Edition is to release it FOR THE FIRST TIME on 360 and PS3... Of course they're going to charge full price for it there. Not that I agree with it, but I don't know how you wouldn't see that coming.  

12. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 15:08 Verno

I'm not sure what Australian pricing for Doom 3 on the PS3 digital store has to do with a Skyrim Premium edition. Bethesda publishes some good games and are often pretty reasonable in their pricing - FO:NV for example. Hell even Skyrim was on sale for $30 just a month after release during the big Steam promotion.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

11. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 15:05 Creston

Is it cold up there on that ivory tower of yours? Who is this "you all" you're talking of?

So far, I don't know that there's anyone on the blues forum who actually bought the Doom3-An 8 Year Old Game Re-released Edition.

Creston

10. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 14:49 Spektr

I'd rather wait for the discounted version.  

9. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 14:31 netnerd85

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:49:
Sadly, it'll probably sell another few hundred thousand copies. (I say sadly because I think this kind of "Let's repackage it and just put it back on the market for full price!" behavior by publishers is fucking bullshit, not because Skyrim doesn't deserve another few hundred thousand sales.)

I thought for a moment that I'd quite like a world map, but then I realized I know the whole Skyrim world off the top of my head anyway.

Creston

8. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 13:40 jimnms

Is this going to include that awesome "cloth" map we were supposed to get with our pre-orders?  

MeanJim on Steam

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 29, 2012, 11:53 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:49:
Sadly, it'll probably sell another few hundred thousand copies. (I say sadly because I think this kind of "Let's repackage it and just put it back on the market for full price!" behavior by publishers is fucking bullshit, not because Skyrim doesn't deserve another few hundred thousand sales.)

I thought for a moment that I'd quite like a world map, but then I realized I know the whole Skyrim world off the top of my head anyway.

Creston

Well I'm not sure I am mad about it. I mean if somebody is out there wanting this, God bless'em and that will be 60 euro's please!

6. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 11:49 Creston

Creston

5. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 11:26 deqer

"PREMIUM EDITION" lulz.

I still haven't bought this game, and probably never will.

"Would you like a cookie?"

"OKAY! *Purchases Premium Edition*" lulz

4. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 11:15 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 10:53:
No DLC included? Hmm they really are milking this cow for all its worth.

Yeah. Too little too late methinks.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 29, 2012, 10:54 HorrorScope

So you are telling me I had to wait a year to get this? How was I to know?  

2. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 10:53 InBlack

No DLC included? Hmm they really are milking this cow for all its worth.  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 10:53 J

They must have noticed that there was a short period where Skyrim wasn't in Steam's top sellers list  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo