Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2012, 15:54 Kitkoan

Reminds me of Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast. The original version was free to play and was used to help sell it. Problem came up later with someone finding out a code for the Tiger Shark That would let you delete others characters in mid session. Needless to say, this killed online play and helped tank sales (they later repackaged it with extra modes and items and resold it with a fee to play online to help prevent against these problems again)  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2012, 15:49 The Half Elf

Sounds like the Forza 4 bug that would follow players eventually crashing your 360.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2012, 14:10 Techie714

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:15:
Lulz!
What he said!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2012, 13:27 DG

The "Graveyard" exploit began when users hacked save files to access a Diablo 3-style hardcore mode left within the game's code by developers.

Users playing online with those who have the exploit enabled have unwittingly found their characters wiped forever when they have died.
Am I missing something?

A "Diablo 3 hardcode mode" surely has deleting the character as the entire point? edit: oh I misread, the problem is it also affects anyone joining them in co-op.

(Also I thought a virus had to be spreading itself to infect other systems, wouldn't this be a trojan if it was a hidden payload?)

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2012, 11:15 Cutter

Lulz!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2012, 11:11 Verno

Not the first time and won't be the last. Game developers put practically no multiplayer protection into their games anymore due to the consoles seemingly being a "closed" platform. Unfortunately the tools to edit saves and memory edit are now fairly easy to use, so the consoles have been an easy target for cheaters and hackers. They need to go back to save validation and better netcode design to effectively combat this, you can't resolve it with punishment and bans.  

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo