Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 30, 2012, 03:19 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 19:52:
Jealous they got rich? Only reason I can think of...

I'd be jealous of Zynga if I were the kind of person to be jealous of a hitman's wealth.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 19:57 killer_roach

Prez wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 19:16:
I just wonder why is Anonymous even bothering. Zynga is already in a massive death spiral.

Along with most of the rest of the social gaming space, yes.

I've been an observer and occasionally casual admirer of Zynga, seeing them as being a bit of an experiment as far as the economics of gaming were concerned. Nonetheless, I've considered their stock to be pretty overpriced, even today.

Unfortunately, they ultimately decided to go all-in on one business model that really hasn't shown itself to be sustainable. If they don't learn from their mistakes and start trying something different, they'll be put on the ash heap of history, and I certainly won't mourn their loss. Creative destruction in action and all that.

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 29, 2012, 19:52 Mr. Tact

Jealous they got rich? Only reason I can think of...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 19:16 Prez

I just wonder why is Anonymous even bothering. Zynga is already in a massive death spiral.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 18:12 ASeven

Why do I have a feeling this is being done for the lulz?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 16:22 Wowbagger_TIP

The message from anon was retarded. While I don't give a shit about Zynga, this certainly isn't going to help anyone job-wise. Seems like some kids who don't know what they're talking about.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 15:55 killer_roach

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 15:14:
I don't condone illegal activity, but being targeted by Anon couldn't have happened to a nicer company. I despise Zynga and their tactics, and this new one is just one more rung on the ladder to hell.

I'm rooting for casualties. Hopefully a long, bloody war of attrition between them.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 15:14 jdreyer

I don't condone illegal activity, but being targeted by Anon couldn't have happened to a nicer company. I despise Zynga and their tactics, and this new one is just one more rung on the ladder to hell.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 13:55 Rigs

The cake is a lie, though. They had pie instead.

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 29, 2012, 12:21 NegaDeath

Zynga? Seriously? There are better battles to fight guys.

A meteor could take out Zynga headquarters and the industry would continue just fine. Also there would be cheering. And cake.

2. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 29, 2012, 11:54 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:51:

Unless the only games market you know is Farmville and the like?

Creston

And then they are just doing you a huge favor.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 29, 2012, 11:51 Creston

Let's take a step back here, fellas. The death of Zynga isn't going to "end the games market as we know it." The games market got along just fine before Zynga, and it will get along just fine without it.

Unless the only games market you know is Farmville and the like?

Creston

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2012, 13:20.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo