Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

20. removed Oct 29, 2012, 17:31 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 29, 2012, 17:47.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 17:15 Axis

Well since my posts keep getting removed (for what appears to be no reason given the voracity of attacks against me (always expected attacks from libs, just sad), I'll move on -- you guys can just keep patting yourselves on the back and insulting the conservatives.

I'll be listening for your wailing when we fire Obama.

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 17:00 Bodolza

Going by what's been written, I have to believe that Axis is either a troll, or just insane. No one can be this disconnected from reality and still be considered sane. Either way, I don't see any point in arguing. The sad thing being that his vote counts just as much as mine. Some days I think the Electoral College is a good idea.  

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 16:59 Axis

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 16:47:
Axis wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:48:
If anything, it's shitty politically correct loose laws that allow stupid shit like this to happen - which comes primarily from liberal legislation AKA largest housing bust in history.

Right. Largest housing bust in history, preceded by 10 years of Republican rule.

Axis wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 16:25:
eDave wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 16:16:
Axis: "And UN control is exactly a liberal thing, you won't see any republicans advocating shit like that"

The actual article: "US officials say placing the Internet under UN control would undermine the freewheeling nature of cyberspace, which promotes open commerce and free expression, and could give a green light for some countries to crack down on dissidents."

The current administration is against it dumbass.

I don't give a shit what the current admin thinks, they were a hairs ass away from going all in with SOPA and PIPA, and there were dipshits from both sides supporting it. CONTROL of others is a liberal thing, unless your talking about controls that affect themselves.
Republicans have been pushing for crap like SOPA/PIPA for years as well, and these are hardly the only kinds of bullshit laws that both sides push for.

Only the die-hard libs won't admit a simple fact (of which you state you aren't):

When you force banks to offer loans to people who cannot pay them back, and the gov't say they'll back them ALL... KABOOM, welcome to America's bust.

Now this was caused by both both parties, but the vast majority of "what caused it" lies in the Gov't guaranteeing bust loans in first place. Read up on it, I did all that years ago.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 16:47 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:48:
If anything, it's shitty politically correct loose laws that allow stupid shit like this to happen - which comes primarily from liberal legislation AKA largest housing bust in history.

Right. Largest housing bust in history, preceded by 10 years of Republican rule.

Axis wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 16:25:
Axis: "And UN control is exactly a liberal thing, you won't see any republicans advocating shit like that"

The actual article: "US officials say placing the Internet under UN control would undermine the freewheeling nature of cyberspace, which promotes open commerce and free expression, and could give a green light for some countries to crack down on dissidents."

I don't give a shit what the current admin thinks, they were a hairs ass away from going all in with SOPA and PIPA, and there were dipshits from both sides supporting it. CONTROL of others is a liberal thing, unless your talking about controls that affect themselves.
Republicans have been pushing for crap like SOPA/PIPA for years as well, and these are hardly the only kinds of bullshit laws that both sides push for.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 16:25 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

14. removed Oct 29, 2012, 16:16 eDave

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 29, 2012, 17:48.

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 15:41 Cutter

Here's the difference between the left and the right

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

12. removed Oct 29, 2012, 15:35 Axis

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 29, 2012, 16:05.

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 15:07 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 14:14:
The Costco vs Omega case is closely related to this publishing case. That case ended in a 4-4 tie with Kegan recusing herself. Look as I might, I couldn't find anything to indicate who voted which way in the Costco case. Does anyone know where I might find that information? Or if there is a protocol where they don't release who voted which ways when there is no decision?

I don't know if the SCOTUS is bound to reveal their vote-swings. I think they usually do it voluntarily. I would imagine someone might get that info under a FoIA request.

Creston

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 14:45 Beamer

Murdering unborn children is a practice as old as having children. Animals do it. People do it. People have always done it.

Axis, we may as well provide a way for them to do it safely, because if we don't they'll still find ways to get it done, only it's going to cost you more in tax dollars. Right now it costs nothing. Make it illegal and more young would-be mothers will be in the hospital with severe side effects to home abortions.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. removed Oct 29, 2012, 14:15 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 29, 2012, 17:48.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 14:14 Mr. Tact

The Costco vs Omega case is closely related to this publishing case. That case ended in a 4-4 tie with Kegan recusing herself. Look as I might, I couldn't find anything to indicate who voted which way in the Costco case. Does anyone know where I might find that information? Or if there is a protocol where they don't release who voted which ways when there is no decision?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 13:40 Bodolza

Axis wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 12:17:
If most people honestly think it's the lesser of two "evils", I cant imagine anything more evil than murdering unborn children, so there's that.

Axis,

You are a puppet. You have allowed those who would have control over you to believe that this one issue is more important than almost anything else, and that the "others" hold a view that is morally opposite. This is a lie. They feed you lies through every facet of your life. From television to family, friends and trusted mentors. Even though the subject may have no effect on your life and livelihood, they will make it an issue of paramount importance.

Why? So they can control you. To make sure that you never give power to someone else, even if that someone else is trying to fight for you. Stop allowing others to tell you what you should think.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 13:13 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:52:
How about you both agree that BOTH parties are pieces of worthless shit?

As for the UN owning the Internet... Fuck me. Look at his marvelous quote here:

The head of the ITU, Hamadoun Toure, said his agency has "the depth of experience that comes from being the world's longest established intergovernmental organization."

This is a pointless saying. Like the entirety of the fucking UN.

Creston

It's the UN. They are good at exactly nothing. Giving them control over the internet wouldn't be good for anybody.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 12:17 Axis

I'd like some changes in the Republican party for certain. But democrats on almost every level have it wrong.

If most people honestly think it's the lesser of two "evils", I cant imagine anything more evil than murdering unborn children, so there's that.

And UN control is exactly a liberal thing, you won't see any republicans advocating shit like that.

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 11:52 Creston

How about you both agree that BOTH parties are pieces of worthless shit?

As for the UN owning the Internet... Fuck me. Look at his marvelous quote here:

The head of the ITU, Hamadoun Toure, said his agency has "the depth of experience that comes from being the world's longest established intergovernmental organization."

This is a pointless saying. Like the entirety of the fucking UN.

Creston

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 11:48 Axis

Cutter, care to explain? Seems you keep trying to pin everything "bad company" as a political thing, when in fact it has virtually nothing to do with that.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 11:42 Cutter

Once again you can see the conservatives want to drag everyone back to the bad old days of making everyone indentured servants.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2012, 10:57 InBlack

They want us to go back to the middle ages? It aint happening.  

I have a nifty blue line!

60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo