Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content

The Far Cry 3 Website now offers a free modification for Minecraft that adds Far Cry 3 content to the sandbox construction game. Word is: "This pack allows users to explore and survive the Minecraft experience through the warped lens of Far Cry 3, with modifications to all aspects of the original game, including environments, weapons and tools. Discover key Far Cry 3 locations and characters, including Vaas, Jason and Citra, all completely redesigned in Minecraft style. The map also features over 50 Easter Eggs, hidden throughout the Islands."

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

19. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 28, 2012, 02:36 Sepharo

Okay I just saw this on another forum and had to post it here: http://i.imgur.com/lG9k0.png  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 28, 2012, 00:20 Jivaro

Some people don't like sandbox stuff. And I don't mean GTA or Skyrim sandbox where you can follow quests...I mean just a world to explore and create in. Minecraft could have cutting edge photo quality graphics and it might only affect the size of the player base minimally. (well, unless there were boobs, then perhaps that would change things....)

Personally I think its a very cool concept that makes me wish I was a more creative person every time I play or watch one of those youtube videos where someone has recreated the Death Star or something.

17. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 28, 2012, 00:06 Ant

killer_roach wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 23:51:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 22:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 21:22:
If you can't get past the graphics, it's no wonder you aren't capable of comprehending why Minecraft is so great.
As I stated, I didn't find the gameplay appealing either. If I'm going to play computerised-Lego then I'd like it to look good and do something interesting at the end of it. The point is, Minecraft deliberately went for shitty graphics to make it arty and I'm not into that sort of pretentious, hipster nonsense.

It's not that they went for that graphics style to make it arty - they went with that art style because Notch sucks as an artist. It just happened to catch on, so it turned out to be pretty utilitarian.
Who cares how it looks. It is the fun part that is important!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 28, 2012, 00:06 Mastaba

You know, there are high resolution texture packs, graphics shader mods, and even mods that let you build with blocks of nearly any size. So again, its going to look as good as you make it look. If you don't put any effort into it, well, that's your short coming.  

15. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 23:51 killer_roach

If you can't get past the graphics, it's no wonder you aren't capable of comprehending why Minecraft is so great.
As I stated, I didn't find the gameplay appealing either. If I'm going to play computerised-Lego then I'd like it to look good and do something interesting at the end of it. The point is, Minecraft deliberately went for shitty graphics to make it arty and I'm not into that sort of pretentious, hipster nonsense.

It's not that they went for that graphics style to make it arty - they went with that art style because Notch sucks as an artist. It just happened to catch on, so it turned out to be pretty utilitarian.

14. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 22:54 Sepharo

Damn you really hate Minecraft. That's pretty silly.

13. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 22:09 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 21:22 jacobvandy

11. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 18:32 Ant

Axis wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 17:15:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 14:25:
zombiefan wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 13:27:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 12:15:
I don't get it, why is Minecraft so popular? I understand the build-it yourself Lego-like mentality but the game looks like ass and when I played it I was underwhelmed with the gameplay.

It's ok that you don't get Minecraft. I don't get the popularity of the TV show Firefly. To each his own.

Because despite being only 13 episodes long, being played out of order and generally mistreated by Fox it is one of the greatest Sci Fi TV shows ever produced and it was a shame it didn't get to continue.

BSG, Awesome. Firefly, hated it.

Firefly seemed like the Kardashian version of space epositics, totally not the kind of show I like.

Firefly was OK. BSG (2003) was way better!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

10. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 17:44 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 17:15:
Firefly seemed like the Kardashian version of space epositics, totally not the kind of show I like.

I thought I was about to learn a new word. I'm familiar with the adjective "episodic" but I don't know of a similar noun. We have the nouns "show", "series", "serial", even "saga" but I want one word for "episodic show". I guess we could just start using "episodic" as a noun like what happened to "serial".

9. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 17:40 Jivaro

BSG was such a letdown to me because so many (though not all) of the characters were simply not interesting and the drama was so completely overdone and drawn out....I just couldn't stick with it. One episode would be cool, followed by 4 that would just put me to sleep.

Firefly on the other hand had very interesting characters. That said, Firefly was 1 shortened season of progressively better episodic sci-fi that had a lot of potential, but calling it anything more then that is a bit generous. I will always vote for it as a favorite, but it is purely based on those characters and the potential I saw, not because it actually lived up to that potential. The movie was cool for the same reasons, and I wouldn't mind another provided it revolved around those characters. I am not sure just being in the same universe would be enough. In fact, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be.

Anyway, my point was that when I think of the Kardashians, I think of uninteresting people with overdone drama. Much like how I think of BSG. I don't have a real life comparison for Firefly because I feel like whether you were a fan or not, the show got cut off before it could do much more then give us an origin story. If Star Trek: TNG had been cut off after season one, I am not sure it would be looked back on so fondly, if you see what I mean.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2012, 17:50.

8. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 17:15 Axis

Trevellian wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 14:25:
I don't get it, why is Minecraft so popular? I understand the build-it yourself Lego-like mentality but the game looks like ass and when I played it I was underwhelmed with the gameplay.

It's ok that you don't get Minecraft. I don't get the popularity of the TV show Firefly. To each his own.

Because despite being only 13 episodes long, being played out of order and generally mistreated by Fox it is one of the greatest Sci Fi TV shows ever produced and it was a shame it didn't get to continue.

BSG, Awesome. Firefly, hated it.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 14:42 netnerd85

Play it with someone.  

6. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 14:25 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2012, 13:58 DrSquick

It is definitely the mods, I put maybe a dozen hours into the game when I first got it, but with mods I easily have more hours into MC then even WOW; 2000+ would be a pretty good estimate.

My favorite are the industrial mods. With a combination of 10-15 mods, you start off with the vanilla game, make a basic shelter, start mining by hand, work your way up. Then the mods take over and the goal becomes building massive nuclear power plants, huge automated sorting, grinding, and smelting factories, and enormous computer-controller mining rigs where you had to learn a programming language to code your own mining robot.

This one particular nuclear reactor I made was cooled by a series of 12 bucket-filling machines filling buckets with water, then a giant spiderweb of vacuum tubes sucked the filled buckets out and poured them on the boiling hot reactor. Then another series of machines grabbed the empty buckets and fed them back into the fillers. This machine was hundreds of blocks in all directions and took 40+ hours to make. It generated so much power that if the cooling system failed it would go critical and blow my entire base to bits in under 5 seconds.

Thats fun that is limited only by what you can think to make... It is a sandbox game in the truest sense of the term. Remember too that it is fully multiplayer, so if you have a private server with 10 people or so, you can go see what they made, go on adventures together, or specialize - you make power, your friend makes giant mining machines, and you both need each other to function.

I know it's lame, but every six months or so I get the urge to go back, I load up all the mods and end up sinking another 200 hours into it... I've got more entertainment out of that game for $15 then I did from $1000 of AAA games I bet.

PS - I love legos too. (only reason I had kids... more legitimate to play with legos.)

4. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 13:27 zombiefan

3. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 13:18 Omni

mods.

2. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 12:41 gradbot

I find that Minecraft requires child like "play" to enjoy or self made goals.  

1. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 12:15 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo