Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Mobilization

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 28, 2012, 08:35 Fibrocyte

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 07:06:
Stolk wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 21:18:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 18:28:
Who cares? It's a fucking phone. Now if it were the cure for cancer, or a suitcase nuke or something, that would be newsworthy. This is up there with celebrity "news".

Because tech news often includes a cure for cancer.

Let alone PC gaming for that matter....

Don't patronize him. He's absolutely right. News should only be reported when it pertains to a cure for cancer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 28, 2012, 07:06 SectorEffector

Stolk wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 21:18:
Who cares? It's a fucking phone. Now if it were the cure for cancer, or a suitcase nuke or something, that would be newsworthy. This is up there with celebrity "news".

Let alone PC gaming for that matter....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 28, 2012, 06:49 Fibrocyte

TurdFergasun wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 16:53:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 13:51:
I'm guessing plenty of people leave their cell phones at bars. So why is it so hard to believe that someone carrying an unreleased phone may accidentally do the same? He/she was clearly consuming alcohol which increases their chances of making stupid mistakes.

because of how easy it is to track any smart/android phone. if you were a company interested in keeping it secret, it would be very easy to keep tabs on the location of each handset. it reeks of marketing's uncreative diddling.

Tracking the device has nothing to do with this. If the drunkard got drunk enough, he may not realize he left it - or be capable of retrieving it - until the next day.

All I'm saying is this shit happens very often but you're only going to hear about it when it's an unreleased device. Who cares if someone left their iPhone4 at a bar? No one. It just goes into lost and found.

9. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 23:14 Paranoid Jack

mystery8 wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 22:23:
What I don't get is how Apple or Google can press charges?

It was lost or abandoned due to negligence by their employee.

Soo... if I leave my cell phone behind somewhere and someone finds it, I can press charges of theft against them? Assuming they don't turn it over. I kinda doubt it.

Do you live in teh USA? This is where OJ got away with murder because he was rich... where the filthy rich can get away with practically anything... and the President has come close to doubling the National Deficit yet nobody really cares.

We are talking full on Crazy Train here.

8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 22:23 mystery8

What I don't get is how Apple or Google can press charges?

It was lost or abandoned due to negligence by their employee.

Soo... if I leave my cell phone behind somewhere and someone finds it, I can press charges of theft against them? Assuming they don't turn it over. I kinda doubt it.

7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 21:18 Stolk

6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 18:28 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 16:53 TurdFergasun

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 13:51:
I'm guessing plenty of people leave their cell phones at bars. So why is it so hard to believe that someone carrying an unreleased phone may accidentally do the same? He/she was clearly consuming alcohol which increases their chances of making stupid mistakes.

because of how easy it is to track any smart/android phone. if you were a company interested in keeping it secret, it would be very easy to keep tabs on the location of each handset. it reeks of marketing's uncreative diddling.

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 14:52 killer_roach

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 12:45:
All of these "Oh, I forgot my prototype phone at a bar somewhere!" stories are so fucking fabricated. It's just cheap publicity for the company, and they sue the shit out whatever poor schlep finds it, so they get their money out of it too.

Seeing as Google just cancelled their press event for Monday as a result of Hurricane Sandy, this may end up serving as the official launch of the device

3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 13:51 Fibrocyte

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 13:29 deqer

Was he even at the bar? Maybe someone else stole it first then left it there.  

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 12:45 Creston

All of these "Oh, I forgot my prototype phone at a bar somewhere!" stories are so fucking fabricated. It's just cheap publicity for the company, and they sue the shit out whatever poor schlep finds it, so they get their money out of it too.

Creston

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo