Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Indie Royale Halloween Bundle

Indie Royale now offers its latest collection of flexibly priced independent games in a Halloween Bundle themed towards next week's spooky holiday. As usual, customers can opt for a bargain and choose the lowest price, or pay a higher price and lower the cost for the cheapskates who follow. The spooky bundle is comprised of these five games: Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (full season), Home, Pathologic, MacGuffin's Curse, and EvilQuest. There is also a bonus for their top contributor: "The Top Purchaser for the Halloween Bundle will get the previously sold out HOME: Old-School Collector's Edition."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Indie Royale Halloween Bundle Oct 27, 2012, 13:25 gsilver

There are way too many games for me to keep up with, but I've been curious about the Sam and Max games for a while. I never played any of them, and $5 seems reasonable.

...Though I'm still not sure if I'll actually get around to playing it

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Indie Royale Halloween Bundle Oct 26, 2012, 23:07 Jerykk

Pathologic's high-level experience is great. There's nothing else quite like it. The low-level implementation is pretty terrible, though. The combat, controls AI, etc, are all poorly implemented. If you can tolerate the mechanical failings of the game, you should be able to enjoy it.  

5. Re: Indie Royale Halloween Bundle Oct 26, 2012, 17:38 Elf Shot The Food

There are too many bundles.  

4. Re: Indie Royale Halloween Bundle Oct 26, 2012, 14:21 Yakubs

gilly775 wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 13:39:
Yakubs wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 11:41:
This bundle is worth it for Pathologic alone. If anyone here hasn't played it, you must buy this bundle and play it immediately.

Why?

Because the game is phenomenal. If anyone wanted to make the case that video games can be art then Pathologic should be one of their exhibits. The atmosphere and the survival/economic elements are some of the best ever. The story is good. Parts of it scary. Lots of tension. It has three different main characters to choose from who all go through the story with vastly different viewpoints and even have different gameplay mechanics.

The only negative is that the translation (from Russian) isn't very good (one of the main characters' story/dialog is much better translated than the other two) and there are occasional bugs. Also, it's probably too intense/stressful for some people although it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be going in.

3. Re: Indie Royale Halloween Bundle Oct 26, 2012, 13:39 gilly775

Yakubs wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 11:41:
This bundle is worth it for Pathologic alone. If anyone here hasn't played it, you must buy this bundle and play it immediately.

Why?

2. Re: Indie Royale Halloween Bundle Oct 26, 2012, 12:27 Jerykk

Great bundle. The third Sam & Max season was easily the best and definitely worth buying this bundle for if you like adventure games.  

1. Re: Indie Royale Halloween Bundle Oct 26, 2012, 11:41 Yakubs

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo