Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Patched

Gearbox Software Support now offers updated patch notes for a new version 1.1.3 update that's now available for Borderlands 2, Gearbox Software's role-playing shooter sequel (thanks nin). This addresses a couple of bugs and performance issues, and also adds an option to reset your challenge progress while retaining your badass rank:

Added the ability to reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. Resetting is available on the "challenges" screen of the status menu and will display as a tooltip at the bottom of the screen if the player has met the criteria.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 27, 2012, 04:19 Jerykk

Prez wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 17:55:
I have to say that while I understand the point of making loot drops better in coop, the frequency of good ones in single player to me is beyond ridiculous. I have played BL2 for 100 hours now and have found less than 10 purple weapons and exactly one orange. I bought another from a vending machine, so that technically makes it two, but that is still utterly ridiculous. It makes the game a bit of a slog in places always having substandard gear.

Otherwise this a game of the year contender for me.

A purple or orange drop isn't always better than the green and blue drops. In fact, most of my purples and oranges were worse. That wasn't really an issue, though, given my blues and greens were plenty powerful enough. Hell, I didn't even need them for the final boss. I think I fired my weapon exactly once during that fight. Everything else was just abilities.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 22:49 jacobvandy

I'm thinking they must have balanced the assault rifles in such a way that prevents the Gunzerker and/or Commando from being crazy overpowered with the right skill choices. For other classes, or without the relevant builds, I think the semi-auto Jakobs ARs are the best. Though certain rocket-shooting ones can be pretty sweet, specifically because they can splash through nomad shields or other types of thin cover.  

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 22:18 Quinn

Been playing with two friends for about 30 hours. 1 orange, bunch of purples.

None of us were impressed by the orange and the purples too were bogus. That's what happens when you let a loot generator on the loose on a game.

I'm the sniper, but both my friends want to be a sniper too. They say the assault rifle drops thus far are fucking hilarious. Bad accuracy, horrible stability, small clip size and damage that seems erroneously low.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 20:45 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 19:05:
I have to say that while I understand the point of making loot drops better in coop, the frequency of good ones in single player to me is beyond ridiculous. I have played BL2 for 100 hours now and have found less than 10 purple weapons and exactly one orange. I bought another from a vending machine, so that technically makes it two, but that is still utterly ridiculous. It makes the game a bit of a slog in places always having substandard gear.

I think I've been getting all your drops lately. One even said "Prez" on it and I was like "WTF? Oh hey, this is badass!" and went about my way.

AH, okay. That's why I keep opening loot chests and there's a note inside that says "Neener neener neener!!! Love, nin" I understand now.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 19:05 nin

I think I've been getting all your drops lately. One even said "Prez" on it and I was like "WTF? Oh hey, this is badass!" and went about my way.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 18:38 PHJF

I don't think I've ever gotten an orange from a chest. I got one or two from enemies that have a 5% chance to drop a specific orange, and then I've vended ~5 others. I think I also got a lousy one from Warrior the first time I killed him.

The color doesn't matter so much as using the correct elemental. Loaders are a complete pain in the ass without acid, bandits/skags are much easier with fire, and then slag just makes badasses a joke.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 17:55 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 17:31 Creston

Gadzooks wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 16:46:
Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 14:42:
Yeah, Recoil is really one of the most worthless ones. Ooh, +0.4% on my recoil reduction!

Creston

Maybe put more than 1 point into it?

Well, duh

Recoil reduction maybe be one of the least noticeable bonuses, but then it really depends on the type of weapon you use. At 10% reduction, im sure it helps me when I snipe. Each additional round I fire is directly affected by recoil of the previous round. Its 10% better now, in a few weeks, it could be 20% better.

I only ever notice it on an SMG really. Recoil on a sniper is not really relevant for me, as I tend to use the slow firing ones and/or line up headshots.

So others are better to spend points on however. For instance, melee damage. Im at 12% now, ive seen numbers as big as 500k with Zer0. 12% of 500k is another 60,000 damage. Im enjoying the added bonus, math works nicely.

Yep, gun, melee and grenade damage get first pick, but sadly the game won't let you just pick those indefinitely. Eventually you gotta pick the crappy stats to catch up.

Creston

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 16:46 Gadzooks

Yeah, Recoil is really one of the most worthless ones. Ooh, +0.4% on my recoil reduction!

Creston

Maybe put more than 1 point into it?

Recoil reduction maybe be one of the least noticeable bonuses, but then it really depends on the type of weapon you use. At 10% reduction, im sure it helps me when I snipe. Each additional round I fire is directly affected by recoil of the previous round. Its 10% better now, in a few weeks, it could be 20% better.

So others are better to spend points on however. For instance, melee damage. Im at 12% now, ive seen numbers as big as 500k with Zer0. 12% of 500k is another 60,000 damage. Im enjoying the added bonus, math works nicely.

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 16:05 Dev

I like the progression, I also like that if someone hates advantages like that they can disable them. In other words I like that they gave the option of turning them off.

I play with them on, but I just like the idea that I could turn them off if I ever wanted to.

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 15:24 Aero

I have to say I was pretty disappointed in the progression aspect in Borderlands 2. I like, in games like this where you develop your character, where you feel a lot more powerful at the higher levels. There isn't really all that much difference in weak and strong here. The guns are largely the same except they do more damage points. Fighting high level enemies with a high level character isn't much different from fighting low level enemies with a low level character (in fact, I seemed to be having more fun in the lower levels--though that could just be down to the novelty).

Anyways, the way your character and weapons rank up and the enemies rank up all seems to just come out in the wash. I'd prefer it if in the higher levels you faced huge swarms of low level enemies as well as high level enemies so that I could feel more like a proper badass.

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 15:12 jacobvandy

Gotta start somewhere. When you eventually have a built-in ~10% buff to everything, it's actually a pretty huge advantage. Especially when you're doing 100k+ damage per shot and it amounts to an extra 10k, or stacking the accuracy or recoil reduction with your class skill passives to make 33% improvements, etc.  

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 14:53 Creston

4 damage on a 1000 damage weapon is pointless, yes. 1 extra damage on a weapon that does 11 damage is pretty neat (since it rounds up)

But yeah, obviously they become useful once it stacks, but even stacked recoil reduction is still kinda sucky.

Creston

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 14:50 Bhruic

Yeah, Recoil is really one of the most worthless ones. Ooh, +0.4% on my recoil reduction! :|

Yeah, because getting that extra 4 damage on a 1000 damage weapon is just awesome.

Really, all of the bonuses are worthless individually, they don't really amount to anything until you really stack them up.

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 14:42 Creston

Creston

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 14:37 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 14:33:
nin wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 13:42:
Gadzooks wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 13:33:
Just one more thing that adds progression. Progression = better replayability for me. So this is a good patch.

I'd love to shake the hand of the person that came up with the whole badass system. It's a fun little mechanic, and every time I redeem tokens, it's the sense of "what'll come up this time?!".

And then when you get a token with 5 times shit, you're like "NOOOOO!!!! WHY NOT GUN OR MELEE DAMAGE??!!!"

Creston

"Recoil? fuck that!"

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 14:33 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 13:42:
Just one more thing that adds progression. Progression = better replayability for me. So this is a good patch.

I'd love to shake the hand of the person that came up with the whole badass system. It's a fun little mechanic, and every time I redeem tokens, it's the sense of "what'll come up this time?!".

And then when you get a token with 5 times shit, you're like "NOOOOO!!!! WHY NOT GUN OR MELEE DAMAGE??!!!"

Creston

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 13:42 nin

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 13:38 Creston

Dev wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 11:30:
descender wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 11:27:
Forget new content, click a button... do it again!
I think its more so they aren't lying when they said you could get infinite ranks up for badass. Turns out it wasn't infinite. But now that you can reset it, it essentially can be.

Technically it was, you just had to keep making new characters.

Creston

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Oct 26, 2012, 13:33 Gadzooks

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo