Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games

Microsoft has revised the policy of the Windows Store, reports Gizmodo, backtracking on plans to exclude games rated PEGI-18 from being listed there. There will be a delay, however, as while the Windows 8 store launches today, the PEGI 18 games most likely won't be showing up there until December. Thanks Gamasutra.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 18:13 Kitkoan

InBlack wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 09:42:
Kitkoan wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 22:53:
deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 21:49:
A reminder that can Microsoft revise it's policy whenever, and to whatever, whether you agree or disagree.

"Sorry, that's our policy." Yaaaa, I love that line. /sarcasm

Better then Apple polices that change on the drop of a hat.

"Your app is approved." fix a bug but change nothing of the real game "Your app is denied for violating our polices"

Isnt it wonderful when people compare arbitrary restrictive policies of two corporate entities and then declare that one is 'better' than the other???

While both are evil, I feel that clear rules are better then off/on rules. But yeah, its not good either way.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 10:31 deqer

Tim wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 08:29:
(and tbh I find it quite nice to see the weather, news updates and how many mails i've got before i even open an app).
This type of feature could've been done with windows 3.1

17. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 26, 2012, 10:01 Parallax Abstraction

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 09:42:
A reminder that can Microsoft revise it's policy whenever, and to whatever, whether you agree or disagree.

"Your app is approved." fix a bug but change nothing of the real game "Your app is denied for violating our polices"

Sounds the same to me.

Except nobody seems to care when Apple does it.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

16. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 26, 2012, 09:42 HorrorScope

Sounds the same to me.

15. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 09:42 InBlack

Isnt it wonderful when people compare arbitrary restrictive policies of two corporate entities and then declare that one is 'better' than the other???

I have a nifty blue line!

14. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 26, 2012, 09:41 HorrorScope

That was quick. It is my guess that they aren't done backtracking on several Win 8 stances.  

13. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 09:37 wtf_man

I wouldn't run Win8 even with a free 27" touchscreen. I can't stand Metro. I can't stand the new explorer (file manager) with the bland metro fonts / colors and ribbon, nor that theme being fairly constant throughout other desktop panels... and I;'ll never buy shit from the Microsoft Store.

Basically... the only way I'd run Windows 8 or higher would be with Windowblinds or Aston replacing the shell. Classic shell is a good option for free, but it doesn't fix explorer and the rest of the desktop panels.

I don't understand how anyone thinks those fugly tiles are good looking... whether it's on a phone, tablet or a touchscreen desktop to take advantage of the gestures... It's just way too fugly for me to handle and, IMO, an extreme step backwards from Win7 or IOS / Android (For Touch)

12. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 08:42 Creston

nutshell42 wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 06:50:
October 1942
Somewhere in the North Atlantic

"Pegi-18, Pegi-18, please respond. Pegi-18 do you copy?"

I always thought it sounded like straight out of a war movie.

teeheee! Maybe it'll be James Bond's new designation. I can quite see Dame Judi Dench going "Where the bloody hell is Pegi-18?!" in her marvelous accent.

Creston

11. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 08:41 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 22:54:
Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 20:44:
I want to the PEGI announcer guy!

"be"
"kill"
"kiss"
?

"own"
"sell"
"domesticate"
"shave"
?

Creston

10. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 08:29 Tim

El Pit wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 07:56:
Dear Microsoft,

I loved Windows 98, XP, and I love Win7. Every other OS between them, not so much.

If you want me to buy Win8, you will have to either make it easy for me to boot DIRECTLY to the usual desktop, or you will have to give away free 27" touch screens with Win8.

I read that all your hopes are on Win8, that your future depends on it. This makes me shudder. A free touchscreen might make Win8 more attractive to me.

Thank you,
Me, Myself, and I

That's pretty funny - can't get my head around that as a 'make or break' requirement but if you really want to do that it's already possible at no cost (other than a little legwork on your part). Personally i stuck my desktop tile top left and then hitting return shows my desktop right away (and tbh I find it quite nice to see the weather, news updates and how many mails i've got before i even open an app).

Other than that the desktop proper is much improved and the OS as a whole is markedly quicker. 4 months in and i'm not going back - despite the rough edges in MUI land.

9. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 07:56 El Pit

Dear Microsoft,

I loved Windows 98, XP, and I love Win7. Every other OS between them, not so much.

If you want me to buy Win8, you will have to either make it easy for me to boot DIRECTLY to the usual desktop, or you will have to give away free 27" touch screens with Win8.

I read that all your hopes are on Win8, that your future depends on it. This makes me shudder. A free touchscreen might make Win8 more attractive to me.

Thank you,
Me, Myself, and I

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

8. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 06:50 nutshell42

October 1942
Somewhere in the North Atlantic

"Pegi-18, Pegi-18, please respond. Pegi-18 do you copy?"

I always thought it sounded like straight out of a war movie.

7. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 26, 2012, 00:44 Cutter

Techie714 wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 23:14:
Say it with me "PEGI-18".....LOL! I want that as my new ring tone!

Seriously, I love how that guy says it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 25, 2012, 23:14 Techie714

Say it with me "PEGI-18".....LOL! I want that as my new ring tone!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 25, 2012, 22:54 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 20:44:

"be"
"kill"
"kiss"
?

4. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 25, 2012, 22:53 Kitkoan

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

3. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 25, 2012, 21:49 deqer

2. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 25, 2012, 20:44 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 25, 2012, 20:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Microsoft discovers PEGI-18 games sell a lot of money. Now the News at 11 with Katie O'Donnel, who will tell us that people who play PEGI-18 games are vicious psychopaths. Is there a link between Microsoft and their new stance? Check out our online poll at 11:48pm!  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo