Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight

Steam now offers Deadlight, offering Windows gamers the chance to play this action/adventure that was first released on XBLA. For the first week the game is available at a 15% discount, as is the special edition that includes a separate copy of the game's soundtrack. On a related note, today also marks the release of Escape Deadlight, a fan-created, live-action film based on the game. Here's a description:

The world has ended. There is no hope. No new beginning. Only the survivors. DEADLIGHT follows the journey of Randall Wayne, a man searching for his family across Seattle during the aftermath of a 1980s event that has decimated life on earth. This visually stunning Cinematic Survival Platformer will challenge you to run, jump, climb, and struggle for your life as you look for answers and the ones you love.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 27, 2012, 03:11 Prez

Dev wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 16:06:
Quinn wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 14:41:
Edit: No matter, I just read ASeven's comment. No matter how nice a game is, when it's that short.. I'm not paying.
Those kinda games I pick up when they hit a $2.50 sale

Without any re-playability factor to speak of, I too will wait for a super low price.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 20:41 BobBob

I want Shadow Complex for PC.  

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 16:06 Dev

Quinn wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 14:41:
Edit: No matter, I just read ASeven's comment. No matter how nice a game is, when it's that short.. I'm not paying.
Those kinda games I pick up when they hit a $2.50 sale

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 14:41 Quinn

ELITE wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 12:30:
Flashback? Wasn't that more jungles and futuristic looking?

Yeah it was. Well, jungles was mostly the beginning and much else was underground. But I was very young back then, so my memory is vague. But I dunno.. the way I saw that Deadlight guy moving about and sliding off higher edges gave me a flashback to Flashback for some reason. *sigh* Nostalgia.

Anyway this game worth the 10 euros?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 12:30 ELITE

Flashback? Wasn't that more jungles and futuristic looking?  

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 10:59 Quinn

Watched some videos. Somehow makes me think of Another World, but mostly Flashback!

Man. Those were the days.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 09:56 ASeven

The game is quite short but it's very sweet to play. At the price I would recommend though it's about 4 hours long.

Also, this thread tells how to remove the 30fps cap.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 07:15 Dev

ASeven wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 21:29:
This is actually a great little game. Enjoying it tremendously, which makes me wonder why the game had such low scores when it was reviewed for consoles.
Most likely because consolers want another CoD FPS?
killer_roach wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 22:17:
seriously, there's been more downloadable titles console-exclusive to the PS3 that have appeared on the PC than there were from the 360
Well, thats from MS rededicating themselves to the PC

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 05:14 Fantaz

I really want to play this... screw the reviews.  

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 02:35 killer_roach

Jerykk wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 23:37:
Did MS actually fund the development of Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja or did they just agree to publish them on XBLA? If the latter is true, then it makes sense that the games are appearing on PC so quickly.

I'm pretty sure that it's the latter. (Klei, the developers of Mark of the Ninja, have previously had games published through EA Partners)

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 25, 2012, 23:37 Jerykk

Did MS actually fund the development of Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja or did they just agree to publish them on XBLA? If the latter is true, then it makes sense that the games are appearing on PC so quickly.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 25, 2012, 22:38 nin

DangerDog wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 22:27:
nin wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 21:53:
Interesting...the second game, after Mark of the Ninja, from MS studios that doesn't mention GFMFWL. Times they are a changin?

doesn't this use xbox live for windows or something like that, I know they dropped the windows live thing now that windows 8 has xbox live integrated into it.

I thought those were the same thing, but I've stayed away from games that use it. On the steam boards, there's a thread about the leaderboards trying to connect to XBL but it's worded as "Leaderboards always fail because it wants to connect to XBL" which makes me think they didn't alter the code from the XB version...

It's either that, or the steam product pages aren't accurate, and this certainly wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 25, 2012, 22:27 DangerDog

Interesting...the second game, after Mark of the Ninja, from MS studios that doesn't mention GFMFWL. Times they are a changin?

doesn't this use xbox live for windows or something like that, I know they dropped the windows live thing now that windows 8 has xbox live integrated into it.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 25, 2012, 22:17 killer_roach

Hell, I was just going to say "Microsoft-published XBLA games are finally coming to PC?"... seriously, there's been more downloadable titles console-exclusive to the PS3 that have appeared on the PC than there were from the 360, and that's not exactly a vote of confidence (as there aren't many PSN exclusives that aren't from first- or second-party devs).

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 25, 2012, 21:53 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 25, 2012, 21:36 ELITE

I watched the gameplay videos online as well. Seemed pretty as well.

The Fan Film was also pretty...

http://youtu.be/5cDT0R-jGek

Pretty - the word of the day for me apparently...

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 25, 2012, 21:29 ASeven

This is actually a great little game. Enjoying it tremendously, which makes me wonder why the game had such low scores when it was reviewed for consoles.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo