Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 21:05 Orogogus

He's not wrong about music apps, though. As an Android owner, those counterexamples are in fact pretty embarrassing. Yeesh.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 20:38 BobBob

Everyone stare at SectorEffector. He wants a lot of attention with walls of text. *stare*  

16. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 16:10 SectorEffector

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 08:33:
SectorEffector wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 06:19:
Well facts are facts looks up android audio latency problems for DAW software and then compare specs. It's lighter with a bigger screen and will support faster audio latency for DAW's. I'm pissed my nexus 7's Tegra underperforms along with bad latency. I would kill for nanostudio on android.

You guys should really see how over zealous you react. Who
Cares I'd you guys don't like apple, just ignore the posts instead of trolling. I'm simply just stating that it factually weighs less and has a reasonable price point considering apples butt tax.

Look I'm not buying a mini but i would like to see your nexus rom that runs NOVA or any other intensive title smoothly. Instead of generic "hardcore pc gamer apple hate rhetoric".

I like OSx, Linux and windows. Nothing is the best, by some handle things better than others and in this case the android platform doesn't give a fuck about music production and or handling the audio latency issue.

I know you guys don't care but its also cus my problems aren't your problems, so you naturally won't care

More its the fact I was right. You aren't running stock and so your having problems. This is what I said, your making up problems or have a bad ROM.

Once you said you had overclocked it I knew something was wrong. Many of these devices don't like being overclocked and have problems when you do. You also said that the iPad is faster, your literally the first person/review that has said this since all the spec's say the exact opposite.

You also say there are zero music apps on Android.

My Piano
DJ Studio 3
DJ Control

But please insist that there are none and that by putting on a possible unstable mod that you refuse to show (you even got called on that part) that the stock ROM is bad, and that we are trolling you...

LOL REALLY

heres whats funny, performance wise the interface still lags with a tegra 3 powering it.

You think I wouldnt have benchmarked before any rooting or custom roms? You think I haven't tried a plethora of different options / roms? Or do you just want to hammer in the personal insults?

and those are amazing music programs for NOBODY.. My Piano??? DJ Studio?? those aren't DAW's. You may have well posted the "Make me Fat" app for photoshop users..

Those arent DAW's

I know more about this then you apparently when I already said SunVox is your real only DAW choice but its based off old tracker setups for composing.

I clearly own both ends of the device spectrum and I can appreciate both for their strengths while you bolster all your energy on one sides weakness.

Check out nanostudio if you will crawl out the Android rock and pay attention do one of the best music DAW's on any platform, and they have said time and time again there is a latency issue with the android platform that a bunch of Developers have been clamoring to get answers on!

You think I like having less uses for my Nexus?! you think I want to be forced to go apple!?

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/android-ndk/rKuJdruh1QQ

^--- I assure you it's not a ploy by apple.. its just one platform doesn't give a fuck about my needs as a user, while the other does.

I'm just so glad I don't stack any allegiance to one platform... Desktop, laptop and Tablet...

I follow whatever device assists me day to day with work. I so desperately wish my Nexus could do that.

Probably not going to submit any stems to my producer using MyPiano.... Just a guess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

15. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 26, 2012, 11:09 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 07:45:
I find it odd that Google, Apple and Microsoft tend to do the same things and tend to treat consumers with the same degree of disrespect, but Google is vocally loved here while the other two get comments about how stupid they are in even the most mundane topics.

Aside from allowing side-loading, Google is no different. Arguments can be made that they're every bit as bad, or even worse.

Google is making a driverless car. To me that will be the greatest invention since... I don't know when. That is progress, this is what we need, something revolutionary happening, not big wigs stagnating progress so they can soak up dollars.

14. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 10:48 Verno

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 10:06:
It's not that they can't get the licensing. They refuse to pay for it because they feel it costs too much - up to 45% more than in the US in certain cases. So it's never been about them not being able to do it as it is about them simply being too greedy. Apple realizes that 100% of something is better than 100% of nothing. And I'm sure they're very happy about that. They have a virtual monopoly due to other companies greed and incompetence

Nah I don't agree with that at all. There is a lot of bullshit involved in licensing copyrighted material, you don't really seem to understand it. There are timing issues related to what can be shown when, which countries the copyright holder allows it to be licensed to in the first place and what kind of right (broadcast, private, etc) it is. Netflix has run up against this big time and Amazon has the same issues. The publishing industry is a great example. Amazon wants to sell the same books everywhere at reasonable prices and the industry responded by colluding with Apple to keep prices higher and have tight control over distribution licensing.

Apple has a different market position where they can dictate terms due to their stranglehold on several key areas of the supply chain so it's not really a valid comparison. All companies are "greedy" in that they exist to make money but Amazon (with a few exceptions) is generally pretty consumer friendly. I don't think it's their responsibility to pay unprofitable prices for content when the industry is just playing games and purposely pricing its content out of the game because they have their own competitors and favored vendors (such as Apple).

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

13. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 10:06 Cutter

It's not that they can't get the licensing. They refuse to pay for it because they feel it costs too much - up to 45% more than in the US in certain cases. So it's never been about them not being able to do it as it is about them simply being too greedy. Apple realizes that 100% of something is better than 100% of nothing. And I'm sure they're very happy about that. They have a virtual monopoly due to other companies greed and incompetence.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 09:19 Verno

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 09:04:
Well fuck Amazon! 35 million potential customers to them next door and what do we get from them? A half assed Amazon.ca. Amazon Prime? Nope? Kindle Fire? All over Europe but not us. No Kindle Paperwhite. And with the shitty old Kindle they're not even 3G enabled.

That's not their fault, it's just simple licensing bullshit. Amazon would love nothing more than to give you every type of product they have but legally they can't. American copyright law in general is responsible, it's the same reason you have neutered Netflix, can't get Hulu, Vudu, Pandora, Spotify and so on. It doesn't help that Canada and the US are at odds on copyright issues right now.

Apple doesn't make anywhere near as many products as Amazon and has a ridiculous market position to negotiate licensing terms. I don't think the itunes catalog for shows and movies is the same between countries either but I would have to check.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2012, 09:24.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

11. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 09:04 Cutter

Well fuck Amazon! 35 million potential customers to them next door and what do we get from them? A half assed Amazon.ca. Amazon Prime? Nope? Kindle Fire? All over Europe but not us. No Kindle Paperwhite. And with the shitty old Kindle they're not even 3G enabled.

Meanwhile Apple has zero problems getting all their products and services here. So if Amazon wants to give away business that's their damage. Their share prices deserve to take a dump for that sort of stupidity.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 08:33 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 06:19:
Well facts are facts looks up android audio latency problems for DAW software and then compare specs. It's lighter with a bigger screen and will support faster audio latency for DAW's. I'm pissed my nexus 7's Tegra underperforms along with bad latency. I would kill for nanostudio on android.

Cares I'd you guys don't like apple, just ignore the posts instead of trolling. I'm simply just stating that it factually weighs less and has a reasonable price point considering apples butt tax.

Look I'm not buying a mini but i would like to see your nexus rom that runs NOVA or any other intensive title smoothly. Instead of generic "hardcore pc gamer apple hate rhetoric".

I like OSx, Linux and windows. Nothing is the best, by some handle things better than others and in this case the android platform doesn't give a fuck about music production and or handling the audio latency issue.

I know you guys don't care but its also cus my problems aren't your problems, so you naturally won't care

More its the fact I was right. You aren't running stock and so your having problems. This is what I said, your making up problems or have a bad ROM.

Once you said you had overclocked it I knew something was wrong. Many of these devices don't like being overclocked and have problems when you do. You also said that the iPad is faster, your literally the first person/review that has said this since all the spec's say the exact opposite.

You also say there are zero music apps on Android.

My Piano
DJ Studio 3
DJ Control

But please insist that there are none and that by putting on a possible unstable mod that you refuse to show (you even got called on that part) that the stock ROM is bad, and that we are trolling you...

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 07:45 Beamer

I find it odd that Google, Apple and Microsoft tend to do the same things and tend to treat consumers with the same degree of disrespect, but Google is vocally loved here while the other two get comments about how stupid they are in even the most mundane topics.

Aside from allowing side-loading, Google is no different. Arguments can be made that they're every bit as bad, or even worse.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 06:19 SectorEffector

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 05:53 Fantaz

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 03:15:
Kitkoan wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 23:48:
SectorEffector wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 23:34:

(bring on the flames)

You'll be flamed for trolling. Part of the thing is either your out right making thing up... or you have a really bad ROM. You should restore it back to the factory ROM and try again

Lol when telling the truth becomes trolling.

Look up audio production on android, I'm not making shit up, you probably just don't know about it. Only having sunvox is painful, while on the non android side I've got very low latency audio DAW running on ios.

Hate to break it to you but I've tried a bunch of kernels and done many restores.

Even at 1800 and 600 gpu most titles get low fps.

You can call me a troll all you want. I'm just a professional who uses all platforms mobile and desktop and I don't blind myself from the differences.

I love android for the open ecosystem, but I'm a 120 hz gamer, I can tell UI lag very quickly and it drives me nuts. Apple being the gawdy pricks they come off to be does result in a 60fps UI experience that's uniform the entire time.

There's trolling and then there's being particular

If I didn't own more than one android device I would instantly be an itard

I'd love to try whatever roms you recommend. I've even tried the elite kernels etc.

But don't call me a troll because I critique android, I can criticize both.

Tall poppy syndrome. Bleh

Show me some links to back you up bro.

First person who I've heard about that says Ipad Mini's better...

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 03:15 SectorEffector

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 23:48:

(bring on the flames)

You'll be flamed for trolling. Part of the thing is either your out right making thing up... or you have a really bad ROM. You should restore it back to the factory ROM and try again

Lol when telling the truth becomes trolling.

Look up audio production on android, I'm not making shit up, you probably just don't know about it. Only having sunvox is painful, while on the non android side I've got very low latency audio DAW running on ios.

Hate to break it to you but I've tried a bunch of kernels and done many restores.

Even at 1800 and 600 gpu most titles get low fps.

You can call me a troll all you want. I'm just a professional who uses all platforms mobile and desktop and I don't blind myself from the differences.

I love android for the open ecosystem, but I'm a 120 hz gamer, I can tell UI lag very quickly and it drives me nuts. Apple being the gawdy pricks they come off to be does result in a 60fps UI experience that's uniform the entire time.

There's trolling and then there's being particular

If I didn't own more than one android device I would instantly be an itard

I'd love to try whatever roms you recommend. I've even tried the elite kernels etc.

But don't call me a troll because I critique android, I can criticize both.

Tall poppy syndrome. Bleh

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 23:48 Kitkoan

(bring on the flames)

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2012, 23:53.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 23:34 SectorEffector

Prez wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 21:11:
Apple did the same exact thing by railing about the Google Nexus. Where are the "Apple is Freaked Out By the Google Nexus" articles?

To be honest the iPad mini blows away the nexus in gaming / performance / weighs less / and when my 16gb nexus was $249 it doesn't look bad.

I freaking love my Nexus 7, but my ladys iPad3 is just smooth as butter. Nexus slugs behind and I have it overclocked to 1700-1800 mhz with pixel clock raised and gpu overclocked.

all that who gives a fuck aside... there are next to NO music apps for Android thanks to an audio latency issue that seems to never get on the fix list.

Having a lighter and faster device with full support for my music apps if I have to do any audio work on the go ( which I do a lot and financially I can depend on it sometimes ) is a nice option.

Again I'm really the black sheep here but I actually like the device.

I hate the branding they subscribe to but the devices I've owned have been fantastic.

Love my nexus to death but it shouldnt have a laggy UI with the device being overclocked and a tegra to power the icons.

(bring on the flames)

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 22:51 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 21:11:
Apple did the same exact thing by railing about the Google Nexus. Where are the "Apple is Freaked Out By the Google Nexus" articles?

Many news sites are heavily pro-apple because they find it gets them more clicks which in turn gets them more money.

These sites love to claim that the iPhone is king and yet its market share has peaked a while ago and from what I've seen has been slowly dropping with the articles that do mention how many people are using iPhones.

Same goes with the iPad. "Apple sold 54% of the tablet market showing customers love the iPad." Not really since the lions share are sold at a discount to places like schools (that give them to the students or colleges to their students as part of their course, jno opting out of the iPad or getting an Android tablet instead). These things really skew the numbers because it shows iPads selling but these weren't sold to people who had a choice and in turn didn't vote with their wallets. So while 54% were iPads and over 40% were Android tablets, the lions share of the Android tablets were bought by those who had a choice and show that, yes, people prefer Android tablets because they had the choice to vote with their wallet and choose Android over iPads.

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 21:11 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 20:41 Fion

Amazon isn't freeked out, they are only stating the facts. The new Ipad is smaller, less powerful technically with less features while still being more expensive than the new 8.9" Kindle Fire HD.

But then again isn't that typical for Apple products? Worse technically and feature wise while also more expensive.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2012, 20:51.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo