Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Last week's football outcomes were more as expected, and all of us were over .500. Jivaro takes the day with an impressive 12-1, while Sprawl editorialized by picking all the teams with a bye. Here are my picks for this week: Vikings, Bears, Chargers, Seahawks, Packers, Dolphins, Falcons, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Raiders, Giants, Broncos, 49ers. Here are the full results from last week: Jivaro 12-1, Creston 11-2, Verno 11-2, Blue 10-3, Mag 9-4, Cutter 8-5, Batman 1-0, and Sprawl 0-0.

Picky Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Flippin' Dead.
Stories: Brazilian man appears very much alive at his own funeral.
Science: Brain Region 'Solely Devoted' To Faces, Study Suggests.
Embryo from 2 women and 1 man made in lab.
Stars hiding in dark matter halos made early galaxies look big.
Media: Saw 7 teaser trailer. Spoof. Thanks Ryan.
Unbelievable Tennis Shot.
Louis C.K. - Farts.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2012, 14:41 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 09:29:
Load up CheatEngine and give yourself a key whenever you feel like you deserve it then. It takes less time and quite frankly the chest isn't that impressive anyway. People say its cheating but how is it any different from getting an undeserved magical code from Fairy Pitchford?

I'm not going to dig through a month of pitchford's twitter, but the last thing he said was something to the effect of "just because something hasn't happened to those people yet, doesn't mean something won't"

There is literally nothing they can do about it. There is no save check validation and it is a simple memory edit. You always have your local copy of the save, it is not a server side multiplayer game. They have zero power to do anything to you and they can't "ban" you from the multiplayer.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about that either.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2012, 09:29 Verno

Load up CheatEngine and give yourself a key whenever you feel like you deserve it then. It takes less time and quite frankly the chest isn't that impressive anyway. People say its cheating but how is it any different from getting an undeserved magical code from Fairy Pitchford?

I'm not going to dig through a month of pitchford's twitter, but the last thing he said was something to the effect of "just because something hasn't happened to those people yet, doesn't mean something won't"

There is literally nothing they can do about it. There is no save check validation and it is a simple memory edit. You always have your local copy of the save, it is not a server side multiplayer game. They have zero power to do anything to you and they can't "ban" you from the multiplayer.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2012, 09:26 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 08:51:
nin wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 17:22:
Yo Bats, we have a schedule...

Btw, if you guys really want Golden Keys, you don't actually have to sit there at 5-8am and enter a code...

Creston

I'm not going to dig through a month of pitchford's twitter, but the last thing he said was something to the effect of "just because something hasn't happened to those people yet, doesn't mean something won't".

edit: Here we go.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2012, 08:51 Creston

Btw, if you guys really want Golden Keys, you don't actually have to sit there at 5-8am and enter a code...

Creston

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2012, 08:50 Creston

Rigs wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 15:55:
EDIT: Damn, I just happened to notice that I broke the 1000 post barrier! And it was probably months ago given how little I'm able to post nowadays...but a 1000 posts? I really need to get a more exciting hobby...outside...

=-Rigs-=

Awww, you're a pro now. That's so cute!

hehe

Creston

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2012, 08:06 Dev

Anyone else notice that CoD BL2 (call of doody: big log 2) season pass is FIFTY freaking bucks? Before the game comes out they are pimping it. I wonder if they will bother to make even 1 new map per pack this time around.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2028062/

Yeah I sent that into blue when it came out. I think its first time gearbox has posted a schedule for shift keys on borderlands 2. I think its worth blue posting. I'm not sure blue got my email though

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 17:22 nin

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 15:55 Rigs

Oh, oh, oh, I wanna play! I don't watch football that much (GASP!) but I follow it casually, especially when it concerns 'my boys', the Giants! That said, I'm going to put my status as Giants fan on the line right out of the gate by choosing Dallas. I know the Giants, I've watched them play for over 25 years and when it comes to the Cowboys, it seems like some kind of mind control, they just screw it up every time. I love them to death and will to my dying day but I'm also a realist and I just don't see them winning this one...

So, my picks...Vikings, Jets (God help me!), Chargers, Titans (ugh), Patriots, Packers, Eagles, Steelers, Seahawks (ugh x2), Panthers, Chiefs, Cowboys (Lord forgive me!), Broncos, 49ers...

EDIT: Damn, I just happened to notice that I broke the 1000 post barrier! And it was probably months ago given how little I'm able to post nowadays...but a 1000 posts? I really need to get a more exciting hobby...outside...

*Checks nin's post count*

Uh, nevermind...I gather from the fact that my skin is nearly translucent, nin, that you're pretty much 100% pure Albino now?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2012, 00:41.

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 15:19 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 11:50:
Dammit Jivaro!!! Shakefist

Creston

Rest assured, that will most likely never happen again!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 11:58 Creston

Picks for this week:

Vikings, Bears, Chargers, Seahawks, Patriots, Jets, Eagles (going with Jivaro on this one, the Eagles murder people after a bye), Steelers, Packers, Colts (btw, how about them Colts? Damn...), Chiefs, Giants, Broncos, 49'ers.

Creston

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 11:50 Creston

Dammit Jivaro!!! Shakefist

Creston

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 10:51 Jivaro

If only I was consistently able to pick them that well....

This week:

Minnesota, Chicago, San Diego, Seattle, Green Bay, NYJ, Pitt, New England, Indianapolis, Oakland, NYG, Denver, San Fran

Upset pick of the week: Vegas says Atlanta wins this game. I am not so sure. Andy Reid has one thing in common with Bill Belichick, he doesn't lose coming off a BYE. Like, ever. Seriously, he has a perfect record...never having lost a game after a BYE. Last year Micheal Vick came out of the BYE and had the best performance of his season in a 34-7 win over Dallas. If this game was in Atlanta, perhaps the Falcons stay undefeated but it is in Philly, the Eagles need this game more then Atlanta does, and Vick has had extra time to heal up and refocus himself. Philly over Atlanta, 34-17.

4. Re: Brazilian man appears very much alive at his own funeral Oct 25, 2012, 10:50 nin

Brain Region 'Solely Devoted' To Faces, Study Suggests.

As a visual learner, this doesn't surprise me...but it's still neat to read about.

3. Re: Brazilian man appears very much alive at his own funeral Oct 25, 2012, 10:45 InBlack

The awkward moment when you realize there is a stranger's corpse in your living room...  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 10:39 Cutter

Hey! Ho! Let's go!

Vikings, Redskins, Seahawks, Bears, Falcons, Patriots, Colts, Chargers, Jets, Packers, Raiders, Giants, Broncos, 49ers.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 10:16 Verno

My pics for this week:

Vikings, Bears, Chargers, Seahawks, Packers, Jets (I HAVE FAITH!), Falcons, Steelers, Pats, Colts, Raiders, Giants, Saints, 49ers.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo