Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend

The Left 4 Dead 2 Website announces a free weekend for the zombie shooter sequel:

To celebrate Halloween, we are unleashing L4D2 on the world. Starting this Thursday, the entire game will be free to play for the whole weekend. New players can begin pre-loading now. For long time players, it is time to welcome your new found friends and help them survive the zombie apocalypse.

For current players, we created a new achievement. Good Guy Nick - – “Plays games with free weekend players and helps them survive a campaign.” Who is a free weekend player? You’re going to have to talk to each other to find out or you could always let your friends know Left 4 Dead 2 is going to be free this weekend and have them join you. Spread the word! It’s the zombie apocalypse, bring friends.

To preload or install the game, you can click this link.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Is it better? Oct 29, 2012, 10:45 Ant

Dev wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 19:15:
Ant wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 17:29:
Sweet! I didn't notice that. In the past, I noticed most of them end on Sunday at 1 PM PT.
I looked for you in the bluesnews steam group and didn't see you. Was going to add you and see if you wanted some help for your first campaign, since I have a little time.
I finally played it, but it was only for about ten minutes. OK, it is all new. I played the original a few years ago. I wished I had more free time!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Is it better? Oct 26, 2012, 19:29 Ant

Dev wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 19:15:
Sweet! I didn't notice that. In the past, I noticed most of them end on Sunday at 1 PM PT.
I looked for you in the bluesnews steam group and didn't see you. Was going to add you and see if you wanted some help for your first campaign, since I have a little time.
Nah, I am not in that Steam group. I am rarely on Steam or playing games.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

31. Re: Is it better? Oct 26, 2012, 19:15 Dev

30. Re: Is it better? Oct 26, 2012, 17:29 Ant

Dev wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 17:22:
Ant wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 16:19:
Dev wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 16:09:
Ant wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 11:01:
I remember previous L4D games years ago, but I don't remember if it was the second one or not. Is this one worth playing? I enjoyed the free weekend ones. Are they pretty much the same?
Second one is quite fun. Its best if you can play with friends on one team at least (the other team you are stomping). If you can catch me online, I can go through a quick campaign and show you the ropes if you want (that goes for anyone on blues).
Ah OK. I don't know if I will have time to play this. I assume free weekend ends on Sunday at 1:00 PM PDT. Why does Steam always end their dang free weekend at 1:00 PM PT anyways? There are still 11/eleven hours left in a weekend based on pacific time zone! So lame.
Thats possibly dictated by the publisher.

Because in this case, if you examine the graphic advertising it, you can see it says it says until monday 10am pdt

29. Re: Is it better? Oct 26, 2012, 17:22 Dev

Ant wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 16:19:
I remember previous L4D games years ago, but I don't remember if it was the second one or not. Is this one worth playing? I enjoyed the free weekend ones. Are they pretty much the same?
Second one is quite fun. Its best if you can play with friends on one team at least (the other team you are stomping). If you can catch me online, I can go through a quick campaign and show you the ropes if you want (that goes for anyone on blues).
Ah OK. I don't know if I will have time to play this. I assume free weekend ends on Sunday at 1:00 PM PDT. Why does Steam always end their dang free weekend at 1:00 PM PT anyways? There are still 11/eleven hours left in a weekend based on pacific time zone! So lame.
Thats possibly dictated by the publisher.

Because in this case, if you examine the graphic advertising it, you can see it says it says until monday 10am pdt

28. Re: Is it better? Oct 26, 2012, 16:19 Ant

27. Re: Is it better? Oct 26, 2012, 16:09 Dev

26. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 26, 2012, 11:31 grudgebearer

PHJF wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 09:48:
"5 dollar noobs" are all that ever populated l4d2 online play. I loved the game to death, but it is virtually impossible to play without restricting it to friends who aren't going to rage or constantly do stupid shit.

This. Tried to play last night, out of 8 people on the server 5 had less than 2 hours in game, and one had literally 20 minutes.

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

25. Is it better? Oct 26, 2012, 11:01 Ant

24. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 26, 2012, 08:46 Karl

It's kinda funny we needed past proof of a sale, this weekend L4D2 is on sale for $4.99.

Casual/console gamers give me pains....

23. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 15:05 Verno

deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 14:42:
You're right. It's on sale right now for 75% off.

But why be so harsh in your responses to me? Can't you just prove me wrong in a professional and calm manner? Am I really doing a lot of damage here with my posts? ...

You generally get what you give around here.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

22. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 14:42 deqer

You're right. It's on sale right now for 75% off.

But why be so harsh in your responses to me? Can't you just prove me wrong in a professional and calm manner? Am I really doing a lot of damage here with my posts? ...

21. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 14:34 Dev

Alamar:
Get ready, Close your eyes! A QUOTE IS COMING!

deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:03:
Hard to believe that a game as good as L4D2 can go as low as $5, by itself, on a sale. I don't recall seeing that on last year's xmas sale of 75% off, and I think xmas is the only time you get a 75%-off sale for good titles like this one.
And he's STILL at it! Despite proof otherwise. Just because he can't personally recall it, during ONE sale, he claims its never happened.
Protip: Your personal experience isn't the end all be all of human existence.
Example, July 24th-26th (as seen on that chart I linked) it was on sale for 75% off, aka $5. Just a few months ago. You know why? The cold stream DLC release.
You aren't much of a L4D2 fan if you don't know about the DLC releases, and didn't notice the sale during that time.
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/133999/steamships-ahoy-l4d2-cold-stream
You can even see a comment in that thread from someone who noticed the sale.

Hilariously, that very chart shows you were even wrong on the xmas sale too. It was on sale TWICE during the 2011 xmas sale, at two different times for 75% off, at the $5 price point.

20. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 11:04 Alamar

I hate you all... In every thread he posts in... Because you keep quoting him, so I occasionally see the drivel he spews...

Please stop, for the love of all that is good and mighty about bridges... Don't look under, and don't quote... I beg of you...

And nin, I apologize on Blue's behalf that we have no +1 functionality for you to use on this post : )

-Alamar

19. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 10:47 Karl

deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:03:
Hard to believe that a game as good as L4D2 can go as low as $5, by itself, on a sale. I don't recall seeing that on last year's xmas sale of 75% off, and I think xmas is the only time you get a 75%-off sale for good titles like this one.

Once again, completely incorrect. Here it is 75% off to celebrate a new map release: http://store.steampowered.com/news/8461/

And it was also on sale numerous other times, steam summer sale, weekend deals etc.

Point is, if you aren't true gamers or are casuals that after posting your comment makes it obvious you probably have never even played a video game, don't post random completely uninformed comments on gaming related sites.

18. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 10:03 deqer

17. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 09:48 PHJF

"5 dollar noobs" are all that ever populated l4d2 online play. I loved the game to death, but it is virtually impossible to play without restricting it to friends who aren't going to rage or constantly do stupid shit.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 09:40 InBlack

Lies all lies!!  

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 09:36 Karl

For people who have actually played the game in versus mode, if they have played enough they should be familar with the in-game term "$5 dollar noob!" When an influx of noobie players populate the game after a sale, and set players perform poorly, the typical insult is to call them a "5 dollar noob" and then promptly call a vote to kick them. Hence someone commenting here that it was never on sale for 5 dollars is completely uninformed and also should not be commenting on games they know nothing about.  

14. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 09:14 eunichron

Yeah, well, I got L4D2 for free as part of a buy 2 get 1 free deal.  

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo